Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:11:07 PM EDT
I've been keeping my eyes open for an air rifle that has the barrel solidly connected
to the receiver so a scope will stay accurate.

Is there such a thing?  (under $1000)

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a side or underlever cocking air gun.  Some links for your pleasure www.air-rifle.net www.network54.com/Forum/79537  www.airgunsusa.com  www.airguns.net/aafta/aafta.html  

I have several more if needed.  Love my airguns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It may seem like it would matter, but really this isn't an issue on anything but the very cheapest models, the <$200 stuff. Barrel-cocking airguns that are made well aren't noticeably less accurate than other types of spring-piston airguns.

Spring-piston guns do tend to vibrate a lot, and firearms-people tend to have a problem getting used to that. If you want something that won't vibrate this way, get a pre-charged pneumatic (charged from a scuba tank).
~
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if this would work for you, but I think I'm going to buy one in the future: www.airforceairguns.com. Check the condor.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
RWS 48 is a side cocker and a hell of a gun. I love mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top