Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:04:06 PM EDT
Caution for Jeff Gordon. Penalty for Carl Edwaeds. Bullshit. Gimmie another series to follow. The ARCA race was goo this AM. Fuck nascar.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
NO it's not the wwf..

WWF actually has SOME excitment or interesting activity

Nascar has a bunch of grown men driving in a circle like little kids learning to ride their gocarts before they're allowed to do like tracks and turns and such
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Caution for Jeff Gordon. Penalty for Carl Edwaeds. Bullshit. Gimmie another series to follow. The ARCA race was goo this AM. Fuck nascar.

I don't know what the hell that was.......

But thanks for being more of an ass when drunk than I am.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Debris on the track..... WTF another caution. Bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what the hell that was.......

But thanks for being more of an ass when drunk than I am.

Your welcome. I'm here for ya brother.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to like Nascar, but it has become pretty shitty in the past few years.  

I saw a rerun of a late 80s nascar race, it was how Nascar should be.  It was on dirt, with Petty, DW,and a bunch of other rednecks.  I looked like the sort of race I could watch.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Four weeks until F1 starts.  Can't wait to hear what a bunch of 2.4L V8s will sound like, spinning 20,000rpm.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
After they changed the rules because of the Daytonas and Superbirds it all went downhill.
They use fake cars now and probably "let" certain people win.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
That's what I've always said: Nascar = WWF!

More fuel for the fire: MotoGP (my fav', especially with Rossi around) and World Rally.

Real racing. Real racers. Real skill.

Hell, I'm not even sure about F1! Rossi just tested and did phenomenally well given he didn't come up through karts and cars.

There, I said it and I'm proud.

aa
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Four weeks until F1 starts.  Can't wait to hear what a bunch of 2.4L V8s will sound like, spinning 20,000rpm.

It'l be a BEAUTIFUL sound.

And Ferrari will win, of course.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

More fuel for the fire: MotoGP (my fav', especially with Rossi around) and World Rally.

Hell, I'm not even sure about F1! Rossi just tested and did phenomenally well given he didn't come up through karts and cars.

aa

World Rally Cup racing kicks ass.  F1 comes on 2nd.  Nascar comes in somewhere below slug racing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Well atleast is isnt NBA
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah the potential excitement of one or two cars being passed during a race is over fucking whelming
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I was pretty disappointed as well.  NASCAR used to be fun to watch.  

Guess that will keep my Sundays open for more range time this summer.  

Looking forward to COllege football season.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]
How long before Kyle Busch gets probation for driving like an asshole ???
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

aa

I love MotoGP - I hope Nicky wins the championship this year, but your man Rossi is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#18]
WRC is the most entertaining motorsport on TV.  The driver's car control is amazing.  I like F1, and hopefully the rule changes will stop it from being "Follow the leader".  The American LeMans series is pretty good too.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah the potential excitement of one or two cars being passed during a race is over fucking whelming

hehehe....summed up my feelings nicely.

All that tehnology, all that driving skill, billions spent on race teams and drivers, and the series, and it's about as exciting as growing grass.

Worse yet would be being there. Whoosh.....there goes the cars. 3 minutes later.....Whoosh there they go again. Go pee, come back Whoosh!

Might be a neat thing, if you're doing it. For me, I'd rather watch turtles fuck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well atleast is isnt NBA

You mean a fun and entertaining exhibition of real athletic skill. Yea that sux. Driving in a circle rules.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I used to like Nascar, but it has become pretty shitty in the past few years.  

I saw a rerun of a late 80s nascar race, it was how Nascar should be.  It was on dirt, with Petty, DW,and a bunch of other rednecks.  I looked like the sort of race I could watch.  

Sorry that is not possible.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I prefer to watch sports....like baseball, soccer, golf, football, etc....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys that miss those little 2.3s revving up come on over and I'll spin up the Echo leaf blower for you.  If you want to see a real engine put it on ESPN II right now!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You guys that miss those little 2.3s revving up come on over and I'll spin up the Echo leaf blower for you.  If you want to see a real engine put it on ESPN II right now!

I'd like to see 'ol Dale Jr. race through the Alps at 100+ mph. It ain't happening.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Little Jr. would be lapping those French/Euro-tards.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

In a rally race? How does one lap another driver in a rally race?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aa

I love MotoGP - I hope Nicky wins the championship this year, but your man Rossi is hard to beat.

Yeah if Nicky continues to build on his performance at the same rate he showed in the second half of last season Rossi's going to really have to go to work. I love watching both of them. Meanwhile I'm surprised Hopkins is still employed...

How about Dakar this year? Now that they've sh*t-canned GPS real land navigation is back in the mix. Even Carlos Sainz got lost a few times.

Too bad there are no WRC dates in the U.S. Of course, even if there were they wouldn't let the crazy fans get close enough to die like they do in the rest of the world

aa
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+ Infinity
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well atleast is isnt NBA

You mean a fun and entertaining exhibition of real athletic skill. Yea that sux. Driving in a circle rules.

both should be banned!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#32]

late 80s...a bunch of other rednecks

While I didn't mind the dirt tracks you used to see on TV at that time since they took more skill to drive on in circles than asphalt, I used to hate those white trash uneducated drivers with a passion.  They were an embarrassment to the South, but I like the egotistical personalities that compete now even less.  The drivers now seem more concerned with their image and their hair than with competing.  The drivers went from one bad extreme to the other.z
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#33]
How does one lap another?  You drive real fast.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not real clear on how NASCAR equals the World Wildlife Fund?  I would think a bunch of do-gooder hippies would be against auto racing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I never underestood the fascination with nascar. They just drive around in circles...they hardly ever pass each other, and every 2 minutes there is a 10 minute period where they all drive slow in a single lane...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#36]
There is way more to it than driving in circles. First thing, the sky is not the limit on the engines. They are basically limited to a production motor within 3 years and basically factory produced parts. It is all test and tune from there. Then to boot, they need to build (from previous) a small block that'll turn nine grand for 500 miles and hold together. Thats is a huge feat considering how simple the engines they run are. You also have a full bodied 3000 plus pound car (most of which are family cars) that you need to take to 200mph. It is really easy to talk when you are not behind the wheel. As for those of you import guys, Nascar did an exhibition run in Japan some years ago and the Japanese could'nt keep up with the good ole boys. Oh, and my favorite part is the sound of those motors. They are by far the crispest sounding motors I have heard. I also love drag racing but you can't beat em for the sound. My only complaint is the BS bump draft and the damn doughnuts. IMO, thats pretty dumb. Sr, Elliot and the like never did that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Worse yet would be being there. Whoosh.....there goes the cars. 3 minutes later.....Whoosh there they go again. Go pee, come back Whoosh!

Might be a neat thing, if you're doing it. For me, I'd rather watch turtles fuck.

This guy's obviously never been.  I don't think any sport in America has the atmosphere of an F1 race.  I'm sure MotoGP rocks though.

My 04 USGP Photos

The turtles are all yours! ;)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#38]
NASCAR = 400 laps under caution punctuated by 10 laps of all out pit stopping.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well atleast is isnt NBA

Yeah, skill.  Oh yeah, just don't breathe on anyone, that's a foul and stops the game.

NBA is just as bad, sorry.  You may be too young to remember when they used to let them actually PLAY basketball.  It's a show now with a bunch of criminals showing how ghetto they can act.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When someone hits those damn trees
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Constant, neverending ovals.   Wheeee!!!!

Tube frames.  Have these yokels ever heard of carbon fiber?

Carburators?  Who the F*CK in modern racing uses carburators?

Nascar is teh suck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When someone hits those damn trees

Or kangaroos.... they'll take your car out in a hurry.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hehehe....summed up my feelings nicely.

All that tehnology, all that driving skill, billions spent on race teams and drivers, and the series, and it's about as exciting as growing grass.

Who wouldn't!?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll give NASACR one thing, they can draw some damn crowds.  Holy smokes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We can only hope, but Renault has been testing really well in the off-season.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm a former fan of Nascar and left it because it became a sellout circus. Too many sponsors, too many created crisis' too much like wrestling. It's become rednecks only type entertainment and the laughing stock of other racing communities.

It does fill the stands with the "Git R Done" crowd as if that were something to brag about. Nascar peaked about 1997.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Both NASCAR and pro wrestling (not Lucha Libre, though) are plots by the Yankees to keep the South from rising again, and I think it's working.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to auto race... if I had a car... and could drive... but anyway, racing seems like it'd be fun. But watching racing? That's just retarded.

The cars go 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round and...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#48]
WWE/NASCAR = spec racer taxi cabs in a circle jerk looking for a demolition derby.( and Earnhart Jr is gay. {think about it })

Formula One isn't about passing, its about math. If you can't do the math, you're not going to "get it".
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top