Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 11:44:48 AM EDT
Is it better to refill them yourself or buy recycled filled ones?

What's the cheapest and best source?

I bought the ultra cheap Lexmark Z515 (uses 17black and 27 color) at wallyworld and the ink lasted about 3 months of light use.

Same with the Lexmark X4270 fax/copier (uses 70 black and 20 color).  Now I find that the ink refills are more expensive than the printer itself was...!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered some for my S900 from Inksmile $3.95 per cartridge compared to $12 per at Best Buy. A couple guys I work with told me they'v been buying from them for 3-4 yrs and no problems.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand that some large retailers are starting a refill program. One of the major drug chains was mentioned, though I don't remember which.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag...because I'm going to be needing alot of them in the next 6 months.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Same with the Lexmark X4270 fax/copier (uses 70 black and 20 color).  Now I find that the ink refills are more expensive than the printer itself was...!

That's the new scam. Just like razor blades - sell the kit cheap, charge an arm and a leg for the blades.\

Take a look at ldproducts.com. Pretty good prices and they'll give you a range of choices, from refill kits to remanufactured carts

I get the refill kit and do it myself.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is it better to refill them yourself or buy recycled filled ones?

What's the cheapest and best source?

I bought the ultra cheap Lexmark Z515 (uses 17black and 27 color) at wallyworld and the ink lasted about 3 months of light use.

That's ONE (of many) reasons why I check out the cost on REFILL cartridges BEFORE purchasing the printer... I like Meritline myself, usually wait for a "special" w/free shipping (every few months) then stock up. Don't know if it's BEST, but I've had no problems.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Costco or Sam's Club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top