Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
I know they charge extra for parts, but is work generally charged by the hour?  If so, what is a common rate?

I bet it would be situation dependent (as well as dependent on the populace of the city), and what I'm looking for is someone to fix a MAK-90 which sporatically locks the bolt open upon firing (the bolt comes vertically up and locks on the grooves when moving back from firing).

I'm curious what kind of money I'm looking at to have it fixed.

Any gunsmiths or those who have had work done by gunsmiths feel free to chime in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
depends on the smith really.

as for your MAK, you should try throwing a buffer in it(I know, I usually hate the damn things) as it sounds like your bolt is coming back too far.  that or try a new recoil spring.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
About three dollars an hour. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
depends on the smith really.

as for your MAK, you should try throwing a buffer in it(I know, I usually hate the damn things) as it sounds like your bolt is coming back too far.  that or try a new recoil spring.

dang, i never thought about it coming back too far or a recoil buffer.

will give it a try, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top