Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 8:52:35 AM EDT
Alright fellow cooks,
I'ma makin' two of 'em tonight.  Any special recipes/cooking techniques?  BTW, I'm making em in the oven tonight.  No grillin with a foot of snow on the ground

Later
R
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No grillin with a foot of snow on the ground

PUSSY!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PUSSY!

Quoth the guy in fucking ARIZONA! ya  bastard.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I put mine on a rack to keep them off the cookie sheet 375 deg for 1 3/4-2 hrs depending on how big they are season at will....it will melt in your mouth... outside crisp inside pink and tender

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PUSSY!

Quoth the guy in fucking ARIZONA! ya  bastard.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is a good/simple recipe:

1. Rub with salt and pepper.
2. Put 4 tbls of oil oil in an oven proof pan.
3. Bring oil to medium high temp (until it just beings to smoke)
4. Place roast in pan and brown all sides (about 4 minutes)
5. Put in preheated 400 degree oven until internal temp at thickest point is 125 (rare) or 130 (med Rare)degrees (use an instant read thermometer).
6. Remove from oven and set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
7. While meat is resting, return the pan to the stove over medium heat.
8. Put 1tbls of flour in pan and stir with pan drippings to make a paste.
9. Add 1 cup of beef stock and stir to make gravy. (salt and pepper to taste)

Slice and enjoy. If you have a food slicer, you can cut the leftovers into fantastic sandwich meat.

Roats Potatoes:
1. Cut 2 Ukon Gold potatoes per person into quaters.
2. Place on cookie sheet.
3. Drizzel with olive oil.
4. Strip fresh rosemary and place over potaoes (like 1 sprig for 4 potatoes)
5. Salt and pepper.
6. Place in 375 preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Remove and serve.

Have fun; Eat well!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
ok in all seriousness I'd wrap them with some bacon and whatever spices seem good at the time(dill, garlic, etc...) chop up a couple onions, fresh green beans, and potatos, toss them in a large baking pan, add some beer to the bottom of the pan, and cover with aluminum foil(refrain from making a hat at this time).  bake till done.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I also came across this one from the Texas Beef Council (I mean come on, they GOTTA know beef!)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

Season roast as desired; place on rack in shallow roasting pan.  Do not add water or cover

Place roast in oven and lower temp to 475 degrees.  Roast at 475 for 7 minutes per pound.

Turn oven off and let roast in oven 2-1/2 hours.  DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR DURING THIS 2-1/2 HOUR TIME PERIOD

Remove roast and slice thinly.

May give this one a try....

Rich
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PUSSY!

Hehe.. +1, I grill in the snow all the damn time!!! Just makes the meat that much better.. though, it is a royal PITA to get the charcoal going sometimes..

Makes me want to grill tonight.. Temp is 46 degrees, so not too shabby grillin' weather right now..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top