Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:05:06 AM EDT
From what I've heard, anyone that can legally own a rifle or shotgun, can walk around carrying a long-gun in public places in Texas. Is this true?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:18 AM EDT
Yes, but the PD is going to ask WTF you're doing!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:23:15 AM EDT
concealed, loaded, unconcealed = OK....but not in a manner calculated to alarm (and just because the sheeple are alarmed does not mean you calculated it, nor does it mean you are disturbing the peace but you may get a false arrest in a metro area....good lawsuit material...)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:25:03 AM EDT
Why would you want to that?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:36:55 AM EDT
Isn't this thread already in the Texas hometown forum?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Polydude:
Isn't this thread already in the Texas hometown forum?

many times...weekly if not daily...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:41:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bear3351:
Why would you want to that?

I likely would never do it. I'm arguing the point with a Libtard on another forum.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:56:57 AM EDT
It is legal in missouri and I would bet it is also in texas but be prepared to have a swat team draw down on you when you drop by walmart to pick up a pack of smokes.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:08:46 AM EDT
went to a gun show at the stock yards collosieum back in '94. Had to park several blocks away and carry an AR 180 and an AK under folder. I had no mags or ammo on me and both actions were tied open. I was carrying them on my shoulders with slings. Well I could not find the show at the front door so I walked all the way around the building looking for another entrance but no luck. by this time some schmuck had flagged down the police and they stopped me as I returned to the front of the building and "detained" me. It took about a half huor to clear it up but the the officer finally talked to the same guy that had informed me of the show cancellation. I had a flyer at the house advertising the show and wished I had it with me but oh well. After that when ever I went to a show at a new place to me I never carry any guns until I am sure of the show status....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalStrat:
From what I've heard, anyone that can legally own a rifle or shotgun, can walk around carrying a long-gun in public places in Texas. Is this true?

Sounds like a good way to get shot
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:29:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Originally Posted By TacticalStrat:

Sounds like a good way to get shot

Agreed
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GaryM:
It is legal in missouri and I would bet it is also in texas but be prepared to have a swat team draw down on you when you drop by walmart to pick up a pack of smokes.....

Friends don't let friend shop at wlamart.... Causes high Taxes.....
Top Top