Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 9:44:01 PM EDT
Can you hear it? This is the illegals and the people that earn their living illegally way of saying...........
WE WILL NOT BE DENIED ACCESS TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, IT IS OUR RIGHT

Border agents discover shallow, incomplete tunnel
Latest find is just inches below road
By Onell R. Soto
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
February 10, 2006
www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20060210-9999-7m10tunnel.html
An incomplete cross-border tunnel was discovered yesterday in about the same area west of the San Ysidro border crossing where two similar tunnels have been found since January.

The tunnel, the kind that agents sometimes call “gopher holes,” extended from just south of the border fence to a point about 23 feet into the United States, ending at a concrete levee, said Border Patrol spokesman Richard Kite.

A Border Patrol agent noticed a distortion in the road running along the border fence overnight, Kite said, and agents digging in the area found the tunnel several hours later.

“It was only about six inches below the asphalt,” Kite said.

The 3-foot diameter tunnel pales in comparison to the half-mile tunnel discovered by an inter-agency task force in Otay Mesa on Jan. 24.

Drug smugglers are responsible for most of the border tunnels, authorities said. One of the two other tunnels found in San Ysidro this year had an exit near a parking lot on the U.S. side.

In addition to the Border Patrol, the task force includes agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

A Los Angeles County man arrested in connection with that tunnel appeared in court yesterday and agreed to remain in jail without bail until his case is resolved.

Yesterday's tunnel was the 16th discovered along the California-Mexico border since Sept. 11, 2001, ICE spokeswoman Lauren Mack said.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's so goddamn infuriating! Why won't they just close the fucking border?!

One order from Bush puts the National Guard on the border 24/7. No more crossers, no more tunnel bullshit. But no, that would make too much fucking sense!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I read where the new budget includes funding for 1,500 more BP agents.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think I read where the new budget includes funding for 1,500 more BP agents.

It's a start......but damn.......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

One order from Bush puts the National Guard on the border 24/7. No more crossers, no more tunnel bullshit. But no, that would make too much fucking sense!

Since they know that terrorists are coming across(because they have caught some of them)

I am now convinced that they don't shut down the border because they WILL NOT disrupt the drug trade

They keep "talking" about the war on drugs, just like the war on terror, both would be helped by shutting the border

Seriously, they have CAUGHT TERRORISTS crossing illegally, TERRORISTS!! What else does it take?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since they know that terrorists are coming across(because they have caught some of them)

I am now convinced that they don't shut down the border because they WILL NOT disrupt the drug trade

They keep "talking" about the war on drugs, just like the war on terror, both would be helped by shutting the border

Seriously, they have CAUGHT TERRORISTS crossing illegally, TERRORISTS!! What else does it take?

Sad thing is that the terrorists KNOW how shitty border security is, so they've got an easy way in.  They have the example of tons of illegals pouring in every day without consequence.  Why should they bother with visas when they can just run around freely under the radar?

When will people learn that the border issue is not about race?  Shit..
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
well if they can smuggle shit into the country like they can, they'll take out the port of Houston guess where most of your stuff like gas comes from
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad thing is that the terrorists KNOW how shitty border security is, so they've got an easy way in.  They have the example of tons of illegals pouring in every day without consequence.  Why should they bother with visas when they can just run around freely under the radar?

When will people learn that the border issue is not about race?  Shit..

I think that some people just have it in their head that everything about it is racism\racist
and, some people just have to play the race card because illegals are impossible to defend

I guess that is why I am suited to this particular subject, I believe all people are created equal
I speak spanish pretty well, and I would MUCH rather be pounding a hot little latina right now
(the problem I have is with the ILLEGAL aspect of what the ILLEGALS are doing, not their race)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Pablo what kind of dirt goes clank clank when you hit it with a shovel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top