Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:35:47 PM EDT
Right now I'm watching some BS show on MSNBC that is saying that the robbers used "armor piercing" bullets. I was wondering if this was true or if the retards at this station call all rifle rounds AP. I seriously question the integrity of this "captured" show because they showed a picture of the "bullets" they were using and it wasn't even a 5.56x45, 7.62x39, or 7.62x51 which were the rounds they were using. They also stated that the AP rounds they were using were designed to penitrate the armor on tanks, while showing footage of Abrams tanks driving around. This is really fucked up, is it even legal to report like this because they are obviously making shit up and stating it as fact.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:37:57 PM EDT
supposedly it was steel core chicom ammo for the AKs. not armor piercing steel core though, this is just a mild steel core versus the hardened steel used for AP ammo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:41:25 PM EDT
And yes, it's legal to print any fucking thing you want, the worst that can be done is a defamation suit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 2:49:08 PM EDT by Max_Mike]
Absolutely armor piercing

The said so at least 3693 times in one hour on the History Channel.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:53:18 PM EDT
you're right that people should be able to say anything they want to, I am just fustrated when I see people saying misleading crap, because a lot of people don't know that difference and take it as fact. Oh well, I guess that's life...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:03:49 PM EDT
a standard Level II vest can't stop a rifle round, so yeah, they are "armor piercing."
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:14:13 PM EDT
I've always heard they used Chicom steel-core ammo for the AK's. Not armor-piercing per se, but certainly better than FMJ or HP.

As for piercing tanks... the only rifle that has ever penetrated tank armor is 20mm or bigger. How many of those do you see around these days? More to the point, how many will still penetrate?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:26:36 PM EDT
i guess to some extent this whole freedom of speech thing includes lying.. or just to put it another way
Top Top