Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/11/2006 1:41:28 PM EDT
So I've been married quite happily for 13+ years, but was floored to find out today that my youngest sister in law is an anti.   Sheesh.

She and my father in law came over for breakfast,  and my wife mentioned that I was going shooting after we ate (I usually go on Saturday mornings).    My FIL asked where, and after I told him, my SIL said she had been there with a former boyfriend.   Ok so far.   Then she added that it was scary - all these people standing around with deadly weapons ("yellow alert, number one!").   My FIL, former Army, told her to imagine being in basic training where there are hundreds of people who have never held a rifle - nothing bad happened then.   Then out it same, like it was in slow motion....

"Nooooo ooonneeee rrrreeeaaallly neeeeds aaaaa guuuunn........"

...and that they should require a license just like driving a car does.   ("Red alert!  Shields!")  So I point out that you don't need a DL to buy a car, nor to drive one if you are on public property.   She replies that a license should be required to buy a gun....

I didn't feel like pushing it further, and got ready to go.   I wore my 1911 openly while getting the rest of my gear (normally it's IWB) and managed to get a scowl out of her.

Oh well, one more reason to stay away from family gatherings.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Every family has at least one, somewhere. Given the limited real world exposure to firearms among the general populace, this isn't really suprising.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you promptly tell her to never set foot in your house again?

Thats what I had to do........................
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Is she hot?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is she hot?

Yes - I'd introduce you, but in this family we only use C++  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel you man.  My whole set of inlaws is anti.  Thats MIL, FIL, 3 SIL's, and one of the SIL's kid, he is only 8 but I'm sure they have poisoned him by now.  I think grandma would be cool with it though.

Over Christmas I let it slip, well not really I kinda wanted to see the reaction I would get, that I owned "a" gun.  Well, one of the sisters in law, eyes wide, mouth agape, and head leaned forward, "You own a gun?  And have it in the house?"  I dind't bother telling her that the number I really own is in the double digits.

I think next time they are out to visit, I will have to see if she wants to go to the range.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is she hot?

Hey that's fine with me cuz I heard those C++ guys get more chicks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
My mom is pretty much anti. I didn't think she was, but once I tell her I want to buy an AK she's all "Nobody should be allowed to have a semiautomatic rifle wah wah wah."
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
There is one in every crowd.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm lucky. The closest I've got to anti's in the family all say "I don't see any reason to own one of those", reference to EBR's and machine guns. This is always followed up by "I also don't see why anyone SHOULDN'T be able to own one. If you want one, that's your business."
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
see thats very funny, my sisters are anti, but when we had a family party and i took out a scoped pellet rifle, my sisters couldnt wait to try it.  i would have brought out a real firearm, but i cant shoot firearms on my property.  

or if my sisters come in my room and see a gun somewhere they are like "CAN I TOUCH IT"  they are anti gun, but are totally fascinated with them, i dont get it.  it must be BS media propaganda in chicago.

suprisingly 3 of my sisters are better shots then some of my guy friends that never fired much of anything.  after a while most guys didnt want to shoot after my sisters.

edit, my sisters often ask, "is this legal?"  "why do you need this?" "what are you going to do with all these guns?" "why do you have so man bullets?"
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So I've been married quite happily for 13+ years, but was floored to find out today that my youngest sister in law is an anti.   Sheesh.

She and my father in law came over for breakfast,  and my wife mentioned that I was going shooting after we ate (I usually go on Saturday mornings).    My FIL asked where, and after I told him, my SIL said she had been there with a former boyfriend.   Ok so far.   Then she added that it was scary - all these people standing around with deadly weapons ("yellow alert, number one!").   My FIL, former Army, told her to imagine being in basic training where there are hundreds of people who have never held a rifle - nothing bad happened then.   Then out it same, like it was in slow motion....

"Nooooo ooonneeee rrrreeeaaallly neeeeds aaaaa guuuunn........"

...and that they should require a license just like driving a car does.   ("Red alert!  Shields!")  So I point out that you don't need a DL to buy a car, nor to drive one if you are on public property.   She replies that a license should be required to buy a gun....

I didn't feel like pushing it further, and got ready to go.   I wore my 1911 openly while getting the rest of my gear (normally it's IWB) and managed to get a scowl out of her.

Oh well, one more reason to stay away from family gatherings.

i'm sorry, its not a funny situation, but its a good way to tell it!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quick, punch her in the face!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, anyone that says 'No one needs a gun'

I reply 'well, when criminals feel that way, I'll agree'  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is she hot?

So SQL and .cfm wont fly huh?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Is she Hot?  

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's the simple solution.
Take her to the range and let her shoot the AR.
Seems that new shooters just love the AR, I guess they fall for the cool-evil-looking-thing
that's really fun to shoot.
She'll be grinin' for a week.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Every family has at least one, somewhere. Given the limited real world exposure to firearms among the general populace, this isn't really suprising.

Agreed.  Although in my immediate family there are way too many Fuddites (almost as bad).
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Deal with it
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Seems that new shooters just love the AR, I guess they fall for the cool-evil-looking-thing

Totally true, My experience has been wether it is an "anti" or a duck hunter,
after they shoot "that gun" that our warriors use, it demystifies the whole thing.

I have yet to see anyone continue thier anti EBR stance after shooting one

GM
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I wish it was that easy.    My inlaws live in rural MN, so shooting is common.   My FIL, BIL, and I go shooting pretty much every time we're down there.    This particular SIL (Julie), won't touch a "sport utility rifle".   She won't touch a 10/22.   She won't even try my Winchester 9422, which is perhaps the most innocent looking firearm on the face of the planet.

I think she must be adopted, at least that's what I am going to tell her
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Is she Hot?  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/Need_photos/Need_photos_6.gif  

You decide.   She is the one on the right.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Shes hot
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#23]
She looks like an anti.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Shes hot

Yeah.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Ill date her.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
She looks like an anti.

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
she looks like a vegatarian and possibly like she bats for the other team..........
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
she looks like a vegatarian and possibly like she bats for the other team..........

No, she loves a juicy steak and is definately not lebanese....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Im buying my plane ticket now... Gonna introduce me?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Driving a car ins't a Constitutional Right, it is a privelage.  Her reasoning is flawed right there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll take the one with Glasses

I love chics with glasses    

ETA:
wait til she finds out you posted her pic on a gun toting wacko site, and they all want to fuck her into loving ARs
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#32]
My hippie anti sister-in-law ran screaming from the house a number of Christmas's ago when I pulled the 1919 out of the safe to show the brother-in-law. She hasn't been back since.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#33]
My sister won't let my nephews visit me.  She knows I'll corrupt them.  She shouldn't worry about that now, especially since that tragic boating accident a few years ago.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]
She's hot and must be converted to our side at all costs!!  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
She looks like an anti.

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, she loves a juicy steak and is definately not lebanese....

I'll have to remember that!  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That one likes shooting the AR and isn't a half bad shot....

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is she single, and should I proceed to MN?
Shall I bring flowers and Choclates?
And I will have my AR w/ a LOT of ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is she single, and should I proceed to MN?
Shall I bring flowers and Choclates?
And I will have my AR w/ a LOT of ammo.

She is single and currently unattached....geez, I feel like such a pimp.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
My younger brother brought future sil to the family Thanksgiving gathering one year. First of the weekend she starts spouting all the demoncrap stuff about guns/politics/etc.

We broke out our Peace With Superior Firepower lapel buttons and let her glower at us the rest of the weekend. They broke up shortly after - I never did ask what the reason was, but it was certainly just as well for all concerned.

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#42]
She's leboneze, maybe me or Kacer can convert her.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
She looks like an anti.

+1 she definantly looks like on'a them tree huggin' anti' types
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Be nice and offer to take her shooting.

My sons 5th grade teacher(which also goes to our church) was a huge anti Assault weapon lady.

Me being the nice I was took her son shooting with me(AK, AR15 and the Saiga).

Of course he loved it and eventualy I explained how they were not Machine guns and ultimatly got her to shoot the Ar.

She liked it and from that point she quit being Anti-assault weapon.

And no she is not hot(3 kids 40ys old) but she is a nice lady and good friend of the family.

Things I learned is: you have to find out why they are against guns, and convince them they are fun and safe.

Also remember you never ever win anyone over by arguing/jamming your point of view down their throat.

offer to take her shooting and convince her how fun and safe it really is.

Good Luck,
 FREE
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Things I learned is: you have to find out why they are against guns, and convince them they are fun and safe.

Also remember you never ever win anyone over by arguing/jamming your point of view down their throat.

offer to take her shooting and convince her how fun and safe it really is.

+1

Get them to join Arfcom (be sure to have this thread moved first).
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
She looks like an anti.

+1
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is she Hot?  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/Need_photos/Need_photos_6.gif  

You decide.   She is the one on the right.

www.notamd.com/imgs/sils.jpg

If she ditches the lesbian bull-dyke haircut she would be ok.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
My hippie anti sister-in-law ran screaming from the house a number of Christmas's ago when I pulled the 1919 out of the safe to show the brother-in-law. She hasn't been back since.

I would have paid good money to see that go down!

Reminds me of the first time my ex-wife saw the inside of my safe (her and the kids were at my place, the kids had been shooting with me before and wanted to see my newest rifle).

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top