Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 1:05:11 PM EDT
This isn't pro/anti abortion thread. I just want to know. Why don't prolifers put together a comercial for TV depicting the process and aftermath of an abortion? Is there some sort of law? The latest anti smoking commercials have gotten pretty disgusting (here in NY at least)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
they do, there are billboards and print ads.  not sure on the TV ads though, might be a bit too graphic(though I would find it less offensive than those damn stupid anti smoking ads)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I imagine they do it to educate. Often, women seeking an abortion are not made aware of all the facts surrounding the procedure.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen Prolife billboards but never one that is real graphic. It just seems to me that if it was legal the Prolife people would have TV ads
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
TV stations probably don't or wouldn't accept the ads.  There are some folks who also think they would be counter productive.  I'm not sure about that though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
TV stations probably don't or wouldn't accept the ads.  There are some folks who also think they would be counter productive.  I'm not sure about that though.

That makes sence
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top