BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

That's not just any bottled BBQ sauce. It's Dinosaur BBQ sauce, some of the best sauce to ever grace mankind!

You're back on my good side, you know that sauce is da bomb!

Anyone from Rochester, Syracuse, or the Bronx knows the truth about that sauce.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK, I have a question, after 6 hours when you pulled them off and wrapped them in foil, why not just throw them in the oven at 200 degrees? I'm not trying to criticize, just curious as I am a smoking newb.

Looks great BTW.

You could but that is cheating.

After so long 4-6 hours the meat can't hold anymore smoke and the outside begins to dry out. You wrap it in foil to keep it moist and keep it in a low temp to soften the meat up. The finished product should literally fall off the bone.

A real pit master uses low temps for a long time to get a good smoked meat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not just any bottled BBQ sauce. It's Dinosaur BBQ sauce, some of the best sauce to ever grace mankind!

You're back on my good side, you know that sauce is da bomb!

Anyone from Rochester, Syracuse, or the Bronx knows the truth about that sauce.

Last BBQ I did by myself was a simple old T-Bone steak on the grill, bought a bottle of the Dinosaur and used the whole damn thing I loved the taste so much
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, I have a question, after 6 hours when you pulled them off and wrapped them in foil, why not just throw them in the oven at 200 degrees? I'm not trying to criticize, just curious as I am a smoking newb.

Looks great BTW.

After so long 4-6 hours the meat can't hold anymore smoke and the outside begins to dry out. You wrap it in foil to keep it moist and keep it in a low temp to soften the meat up. The finished product should literally fall off the bone.

So would a SMOKER be considered a above ground PIT?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks great BTW.

Most likely not but who uses real smoker pits these days?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
From store to mouth you have my diary of smoking some good meat.

The real dinner pic. Baked beans, grilled roll, fresh slaw. Ummmm.....

Hope you enjoyed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
From store to mouth you have my diary of smoking some good meat.

The real dinner pic. Baked beans, grilled roll, fresh slaw. Ummmm.....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/ZW17/DSC01356.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Now that looks awesome!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Would someone ship me a bottle of Dinosaur BBQ sauce please?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here's my NY BBQ:

www.fontcraft.com/csa/virgils1.jpg

Virgils is some seriously good BBQ

I stop by every time I'm in NYC
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread made me go to "Joe's Real BBQ" here in Gilbert, AZ.  Some of the best in the PHX area.  They smoke there meat with Pecan wood.

Wife had Chopped beef in sauce, I had pulled pork.  their sauce is made in the restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This thread made me go to "Joe's Real BBQ" here in Gilbert, AZ.  Some of the best in the PHX area.  They smoke there meat with Pecan wood.

Wife had Chopped beef in sauce, I had pulled pork.  their sauce is made in the restaurant.

It's worse than crack isn't it?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ZW,
I was looking at that exact smoker at Lowes just yesterday. How do you like it? What is the silver and black thing mounted uder the front? Did you convert it to gas?

It's a great little smoker. You have lots of room for lots of meat and it is built sturdy. You will like it. IIRC I paid $200 about 3 years ago.

The silver thing you see is a propane hook up to make it easier for starting your wood or charcoal. You can't go full gas with a smoker, only wood and charcoal.

Seeing this thread has given me the urge.

I was just checking Lowes online, the brand of smoker the have is Char-Griller, must be a copy. It's different than your's, the fire box is on the opposite side. What brand is your's?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks great BTW.

Most likely not but who uses real smoker pits these days?

Smitty's in Lockhart, TEXAS.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
ZW  

You are a cold hearted bastard!  You could have sent me an Im letting me know you were BBQing.  I'm in Watertown and could have been there with out too much effort!

SoS

PS I make the best baked beans in the whole wide world!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lots of it. Want some?

NO! But I will take some of that pig ass when it's done.

quality

Quoted:

Smitty's in Lockhart, TEXAS.
hotsauceracks.com/temp/smittys_order.jpg

Lockhart is the Mecca of BBQ.

Prefer Kreuz Market myself..........
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#16]
As far as a dinner pic goes I'd normally have to give you some deductions for the missing items  but that  looks awesome, off the chart!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
ZW  

You are a cold hearted bastard!  You could have sent me an Im letting me know you were BBQing.  I'm in Watertown and could have been there with out too much effort!

SoS

PS I make the best baked beans in the whole wide world!

Sorry bro, it completely slipped my mind to invite the NY crew.

We should put together a cookout this summer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ZW,
I was looking at that exact smoker at Lowes just yesterday. How do you like it? What is the silver and black thing mounted uder the front? Did you convert it to gas?

It's a great little smoker. You have lots of room for lots of meat and it is built sturdy. You will like it. IIRC I paid $200 about 3 years ago.

The silver thing you see is a propane hook up to make it easier for starting your wood or charcoal. You can't go full gas with a smoker, only wood and charcoal.

I was just checking Lowes online, the brand of smoker the have is Char-Griller, must be a copy. It's different than your's, the fire box is on the opposite side. What brand is your's?

New Branfels Smoker Company

www.nbsmoker.com/smokers.html
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ZW,

What model is your's? Silver Smoker? That size seems about what I'd need.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#20]

+ Eleventy Billion.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ZW,

What model is your's? Silver Smoker? That size seems about what I'd need.

Yes, the silver.

Did you get it yet?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top