Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 10:09:14 AM EDT
Been looking around at tents...and stumbled upon this one.

www.eurekacamping.com/assault_out.asp

I want something sturdy that will last, this one seems to fit the bill.  Any opinions?  Something else similar that I should look at in the $200-$250 range?

Looking at 4 person tents.  Unlikely to be backpacking it, if so not far.

By chance do you have a el-cheapo source other than ebay?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I did a month in Southern Siberia in a Eureka tent.  They aren't bad, but mine did split and aluminum sleeve on a pole about two weeks in.  Thank god I always packed a role of duct tape.  

I still have the tent and use it occasionally.

Make sure that you take a look a Sierra Trading Post for other options.  I live about an hour and a half from the store and I have seen many Mountain Hardware and Marmot tents there in the $200-$250 price range which I would consider before the Eureka.  

SBG

ETA -- I know that you were looking for a four person tent, but this Marmot tent, IMHO, would be a great 2 person tent for the money.

www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.88293/dept_id.L2~322/qx/product.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help SBG.

Anyone else wanna chime in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top