Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 5:22:14 AM EDT
I searched for a FAQ on this subject but I couldn't find one so here goes.

I'm thinking about trading some extra pistols I have for a rifle via the EE but I want to be sure how the process works before I go down that road.

First, since everything will be going through FFLs on both ends I imagine that this will help reduce the chances of getting ripped off in the deal.

Second, I would like an inspection period for both parties (typically 3 days) but there's also an issue of function as well. You can't really be sure that a firearm will operate correctly until you actually fire it.

That's about all I can think of. The only risk, beyond the ones I have mentioned, will be that the shipping costs for 3 pistols will not be cheap since they have to be shipped overnight (the bulk of the mags will be shipped seperately to save $$$).

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]

I guess you can make it work any way you like , as long as you spell out the terms and the other party agrees to them . If it were me , I would swap phone numbers with the other party so problems or questions could be dealt with on a real time basis .
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, make sure the other party is aware of the fact and has agreed to you sending the magazines seperatly.  I would be pissed if I was expecting a bunch of mags to be sent out, and the did not show, only to be told by some stranger that they were coming as a different lift.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Also, make sure the other party is aware of the fact and has agreed to you sending the magazines seperatly.  I would be pissed if I was expecting a bunch of mags to be sent out, and the did not show, only to be told by some stranger that they were coming as a different lift.

I think that goes without saying. I worked in retail as a successful salesman for 12 yrs so even when doing deal on the EE, my communication before and during the transaction is impeccable. I tell the buyer when I receive their payment, when I'm going to the post office to ship and I e-mail them after I drop their package off at the post office.

Between the 3 pistols, I've got around 45 mags. Shipping those with the pistols overnight would not help the shipping costs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You can also check feedback in the EE feedback most of the guys here are honest guys but there are still the few you need to lookout for that screw it up for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can also check feedback in the EE feedback most of the guys here are honest guys but there are still the few you need to lookout for that screw it up for everyone.

Yup, I'm aware of the feedback system here but there's always a chance that the person you're trading with doesn't have any feedback.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Caveat Emptor.

By and large, most of the trades I have done have worked out well on the EE.  I would not neccesarily do a trade with someone with less than 100 posts or a non-team member unless they sent me funds first.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Caveat Emptor. By and large, most of the trades I have done have worked out well on the EE.  I would not neccesarily do a trade with someone with less than 100 posts or a non-team member unless they sent me funds first.

Gotch ya. I agree with that completely, unless I can do the trade FTF.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Also check the Feedback threads.

I've had very good luck on both trades and sales on the EE.  
Still heed the warnings as you are dealing with anonymous individuals.
Personally I prefer, personal contact on any high dollar (over $100) items.
Have them call you, or call them.

The only time I was burned on the internet was using eBhey.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Could  always try to get someone that is in state to buy it to save some trouble.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Why are you using overnight if you are going through an FFL?  I go through an FFL and he sends them priority, insured and it costs me around $15 for a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why are you using overnight if you are going through an FFL?  I go through an FFL and he sends them priority, insured and it costs me around $15 for a pistol.

i was under the impression pistols had to be shipped overnight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top