Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:54:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 8:55:18 PM EDT by BuckeyeRifleman]
My campus doesnt alow any sort of firearms. Infact we dont even have a way to check them with security like most campus'. Luckly I have family near by, but I dont have a good place to shoot so I am currently unarmed. Ive never heard of security searching cars but im not about to take that risk.

Oh yeah did I mention we arent allowed to live off campus? Yeah didnt know that when I came here, not shure I can handle 3.5 more years without my guns.

Whats your campus' policy on weapons?

Im shure im gonna want to transfer to a more gun friendly campus after this thread.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:55:21 PM EDT
No firearms or ammunition allowed.

One of those zero-tolerance policies.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:55:28 PM EDT
Im pretty sure ours is expulsion if you brought one on campus. I had some on a remote lot a mile or 2 from campus and the PD from our school referred me to the dean of students... Then again we had our college of nursing shot up a few years ago...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:56:45 PM EDT
Ours is none at all (Grand Valley State University, Michigan)...some other colleges have facilities for them, but those are the more hick-Michigan institutions. such as Northern Michigan and Michigan Tech
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:57:40 PM EDT
Hence, why I live slightly off campus and I scrubbed the rental contract to make sure that they didn't have issues with what I may or may not have
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:58:54 PM EDT
No firearms or ammo. Sucks, but I keep some brass in my room.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:59:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:00:22 PM EDT
Due to the fact I live in Illi-Communistoverlordridden-nois, we can't carry firearms. We can't have them at college anyway.(FWIW I go to a community college.)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:01:48 PM EDT
Universty Of Missouri - Columbia has a Storage area for Student Firearms, I have a friend who bought a new M4 from CMMG today at a gunshow and He said the guy at the PD didn't even react to the fact he had AR.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:02:00 PM EDT
At Missouri State University, you can keep 'em in your POV, but CCW is verbotten.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:03:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
My campus doesnt alow any sort of firearms. Infact we dont even have a way to check them with security like most campus'. Luckly I have family near by, but I dont have a good place to shoot so I am currently unarmed. Ive never heard of security searching cars but im not about to take that risk.

Oh yeah did I mention we arent allowed to live off campus? Yeah didnt know that when I came here, not shure I can handle 3.5 more years without my guns.

Im shure im gonna want to transfer to a more gun friendly campus after this thread.

Not allowed to live off campus? What the hell kind of school do you go to?

I wouldn't attend a school that REQUIRED me to live there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:03:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By llanero:
At Missouri State University, you can keep 'em in your POV, but CCW is verbotten.

At OTC I cant have a firarms anywhere on the proberty, but than again I dont think I would want to keep one in my truck there anyways.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 9:14:06 PM EDT by ScaryGuy]
Well it was like this: the Official policy was "No Firearms allowed on Campus" but since "Concealed" means just that, I ignored the living hell out of that rule, just as I ignore the hell out of the current "no firearms" rule of my present employer...They don't ask, and I sure as shit don't tell.

Ymmv.

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:06:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 9:06:43 PM EDT by lincolndz]
I go to a private college. They say no handguns, but that's why it's called "concealed" carry.

They allow long guns. They say they need to be checked in by security, but this is MT and I've seen and heard that not many people do that.

A couple of years ago I had two ARs in my truck; the security guard left me a note saying that I should conceal them better to avoid having them stolen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:08:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ScaryGuy:
Well it was like this: the Official policy was "No Firearms allowed on Compus" but since "Concealed" means just that, I ignored the living hell out of that rule, just as I ignore the hell out of the currebt "no firearms" rule of my present employer...They don't ask, and I sure as shit don't tell.

Ymmv.

SG

So if you get kicked out of school and fired from your job, your not going to blame them are you?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:10:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Not allowed to live off campus? What the hell kind of school do you go to?

I wouldn't attend a school that REQUIRED me to live there.

yeah not unless you pettion to the dean, and ive heard it is pretty tough to get an exception.

oh, and its a small private liberal arts college What the hell was I thinking!?

Look at the bright side, by the time I leave ill be really good at arguing with liberals.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:10:50 PM EDT
Have to check them at the front desk in the dorms if you live there. I live off campus and can do whatever I want. there are hills to go shooting in about 200 to 300 yards off campus. Pretty sure quite a few people have a gun in their car or truck most the time on and off campus.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:12:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JBowles:
Universty Of Missouri - Columbia has a Storage area for Student Firearms, I have a friend who bought a new M4 from CMMG today at a gunshow and He said the guy at the PD didn't even react to the fact he had AR.

No shit? I was at Mizzou from 00-04 and that suprises the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:13:41 PM EDT
I am on campus at a County Airport.

As long as I am in line with the county rules, I can't see them raising that much fuss.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:17:29 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=430360

Dupe. On the same freaking page, no less.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:18:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fike:

Originally Posted By JBowles:

No shit? I was at Mizzou from 00-04 and that suprises the hell out of me.

Yeah I was ther last semister and I was afride to even ask the PD about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:18:51 PM EDT
Like most schools, MSU has a pistol and rimfire rifle range. I shot my handguns there when I was taking a class labeled "combat handgun". The class was a joke; it should have just been called basic pistol marksmanship. While I didn't learn much, I enjoyed it and I did get to shoot my guns on campus several times.

I'm used to having a handgun in my PV, but when I was carrying it into the school facility before class I felt a little strange.

Jerad
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:30:57 AM EDT
btt for the daycrew
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:15 AM EDT
Did you guys ever hear of lawyers??

Imagine how much higher the school's insurance would be if they allowed firearms.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:45:35 AM EDT
My college didn't allow them but since there's no PA laws about it, if I would have had some back then you bet your ass they'd have been with me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:39:14 AM EDT
My school does not allow firearms or ammo on campus, and no concealed carry either.

It sucks.
Top Top