Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:36:15 PM EDT
Boo-birds?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
fried eggs
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
As I'm taping this:  I'm inclined to say whistles and other insults.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Those who boo will be jealous, scared or both.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Nobody booed Denmark  - or Iran for that matter.

I predict cheers for the U.S.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of idiot talks on a cellphone while taking part in the Olympic opening ceremonies?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nobody booed Denmark  - or Iran for that matter.

I predict cheers for the U.S.  

And you were right. We got an average for these games applause.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
They are doing th olympics again?  Seens like they just had them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on that bimbo who talked on the cell phone, that definitely was low class
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Who cares, we will own their asses in the Olympics just like we do in everything else.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I dunno but all this heavy clothing on the female athletes is making it kind of boring to watch.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't care, I'm not watching
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The Opening Ceremony is about as boring as the Super Bowl Half-time show. What a waste of airtime.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I dunno but all this heavy clothing on the female athletes is making it kind of boring to watch.

Yeah...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#14]
They sure do like our music........got to piss of the radical fundees......American culture everywhere!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing better to celebrate the diversity of the world than blaring bad 80s American music all night long.

Enjoy the Big Macs, bastards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Nothing better to celebrate the diversity of the world than blaring bad 80s American music all night long.

The One Thing I Missed when I was stationed in Italy was the KFC Restaurants.
I never saw a single Burger King, McD’s or anything else that would make an American Soldier homesick.

Of course 25 years have come around since then so things could have changed....
nah.

I don't think they would have changesd.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Actually Italy is one of our biggest allies in Afganstanland and Iraq.  It's the French that are the bastards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually Italy is one of our biggest allies in Afganstanland and Iraq.  It's the French that are the bastards.

I was referring to really the world in general, but being ARFcom, nitpick away.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The One Thing I Missed when I was stationed in Italy was the KFC Restaurants.
I never saw a single Burger King, McD’s or anything else that would make an American Soldier homesick.

Of course 25 years have come around since then so things could have changed....
nah.

I don't think they would have changesd.

McDs are everywhere, there's one in freakin front of the Pantheon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quess I missed it, oh well
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#21]
A big yawn, I hope. The Olympic "movement" is in my opinion the largest single concentration of polite fiction, gilded corruption, false values, arrant nonsense, and well-received stupidity this side of the United Nations. It is a steaming pile of gaily-festooned crap. A thorough and irretrievable meltdown of the entire charade would gladden my heart.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
A big yawn, I hope. The Olympic "movement" is in my opinion the largest single concentration of polite fiction, gilded corruption, false values, arrant nonsense, and well-received stupidity this side of the United Nations. It is a steaming pile of gaily-festooned crap. A thorough and irretrievable meltdown of the entire charade would gladden my heart.

But, it has CURLING !!!!    

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quess I missed it, oh well

You mis-spelled it also.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But, it has CURLING !!!!    

I didn't know that. I take back what I said.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

that there is sig line material
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But, it has CURLING !!!!    

I didn't know that. I take back what I said.

I largely agree with you - especially on the summer olympics.  But I do enjoy the curling, the speed skating and the biathlon.   And those are so rare to see, that I like the winter olympics just for the chance to see them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#27]
TEAM AMERICA

FUCK YEAH!

I was hoping that we were gonna come out to this song.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Personally I like the thrashing-around-with-ribbons event.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was referring to really the world in general, but being ARFcom, nitpick away.

OH ok, and Oh, ok
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Personally I like the attractive sixteen year-old girls in skintight unitards thrashing-around-with-ribbons event.

+1. I also like it when they play with big balls. I don't know why, because I'm really not a big sports fan.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Why was Susan Sarandon carrying the Olympic Flag, what was that shitty poem and why did Yoko read it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#32]
possibly the worst opening of any Olympics I have ever seen.

At least we had Kiss play at Salt Lake City
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top