Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 12:15:59 PM EDT
I'm looking at trading in a pistol for an AR upper.  Do I have to ship to an FFL or can I just ship to the customer direct?  And vice versa, can he ship directly to me?

Also, is my only shipping option next day air?  I've been told that firearms have to be shipped via next day air.

Help please.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Firearms have to be shipped to an FFL.

The upper receiver on an AR has no serial number, and as such, is not a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Firearms have to be shipped to an FFL.

The upper receiver on an AR has no serial number, and as such, is not a firearm.

+1

If it is an interstate deal then you must ship the pistol to an FFL in the recipient's state. He can (and should) ship the upper to you.

If it is an intrastate deal (you are both residents of the same state) then you can exchange the pistol for the upper without involving an FFL. However, the shipper may require that you ship the pistol to a dealer regardless of the law. AFAIK Fed Ex is the only courier that will ship a handgun from an individual and their policy is that it must go overnight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top