Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 12:15:43 PM EDT

Of course many will recall Todd Bailey vigorously denying ANY association when Bobcat first began producing clones that were dubiously similar to SW5s and marketed as BW5s.

Now it seems the relationship (like all Todd Bailey relationships in the past) has come to an end. There is no word if Todd plans on suing Bobcat for anything and the statement shows remarkable contstraint with respect to Bobcat.

This announcement, not surpsingly, comes about the same time as a Vector announcement that it will be producing 9mm HK clones. It is well known Vector has been using Special Weapons parts (and in the past has had guns built at SW for them).

One can only hope that Vector might produce a "better build" than has been seen with past clones.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn! Dealer price on those is $825!?

I'd be willing to try one out at that price! Too bad I'm not a dealer......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
IBSCTBAA (in before someone calls toad bailey an asshole)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd dig an MP5 clone for under a grand.  If someone could make a GOOD copy of one...

Maybe we'll see the day?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You need to read Aug's post more closely.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
oooooh  Vector is planning on 9mm's.   Cool.  Hopefully they are good.  I will buy one if the reviews are good.

ETA  10 posts to go.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Now is the time.

GIT YURS NOW BEFOER THEM NO MOREE.

SOON TO BE SELELING ONLY TO TIWANEESE MILITARY WHO KNOW HK IS OVERPRICED JUNK.

NO INTERNOT JURKS WHO WORK 7-11 JOBS CUSASE THEY CAN'T AFFORD THEM ANYWAY.

SOON TO BE VALIABLE COLLCTURS ITEMS DON'T DELAY OR AM ALL GONE.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Of course many will recall Todd Bailey vigorously denying ANY association when Bobcat first began producing clones that were dubiously similar to SW5s and marketed as BW5s.

I should'a known you'd beat us all to the punch.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]

This announcement, not surpsingly, comes about the same time as a Vector announcement that it will be producing 9mm HK clones. It is well known Vector has been using Special Weapons parts (and in the past has had guns built at SW for them).

One can only hope that Vector might produce a "better build" than has been seen with past clones.

Vector's making 9mm HK's?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yup, was in this months Small Arms Review.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how Todd feels, knowing that as a result of his past actions, a large number of people automatically assume that everything coming out of his mouth is a baldfaced lie?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, was in this months Small Arms Review.

Oo, now that sounds exciting. Wonder what the price will be though......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ties? What ties!?

Who was the guy that kept posting in our HK section that Toad had nothing to do with Bobcat?

I dunno. Did all SW clones sell like hotcakes?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to read Aug's post more closely.

I've known toad since '96, I know what he's like.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#15]
How many of those kits are you going to pick up SA?  I bet that you'll put in an order for all 200, huh?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#16]
damn i wouldnt mind grabbing one of those for less than a grand.  I also wouldnt mind knowing what they are going to produce besides that.   Whats the general consensus on vector's ability to make a 9mm clone?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How many of those kits are you going to pick up SA?  I bet that you'll put in an order for all 200, huh?

THESE ARE GONNA SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now is the time.

Toadspeak always makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THESE ARE GONNA SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose the warranty will be going like hotcakes too since they won't be producing them anymore. It would be a good deal if the quality was known before hand.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now is the time.

WE WILL ONLY SELL FOR OVERSEES CONTRACTS

Your Bailey impression is impressive...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Todd Bailey is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Vulcan Arms also sells them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah the very first sentence has a misspelled word ("there" should be "their").

Did that seriously come from an actual company who wants to be taken seriously?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I sure hope Toad doesn't go out of business.

We need somebody for entertainment.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#25]
SteyrAUG,

Would you be willing to give a guestimate of what we could expect to see from Vector on this product.  I won't hold you to any guesses.  I am dying to get a 9MM rifle right now and wonder if you think this might be something worth waiting for?  Quality?  Realiability? Price? etc.

(I got all excited today seeing the pictures of the RRA 9MM Pistols - just $200 more and it could be a sweet SBR)

Thanks in advance,

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Now is the time.

LOL...

You have his sentence structure and spelling abilities down to a T...!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
SteyrAUG,

Would you be willing to give a guestimate of what we could expect to see from Vector on this product.  I won't hold you to any guesses.  I am dying to get a 9MM rifle right now and wonder if you think this might be something worth waiting for?  Quality?  Realiability? Price? etc.

(I got all excited today seeing the pictures of the RRA 9MM Pistols - just $200 more and it could be a sweet SBR)

Thanks in advance,

I already have plans to review them when they come out. I could use some abuseable host guns.

As they just announced them I expect they might actually have them to market in the next 10 months or so.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#28]
"Special Weapons has ended there relationship..."

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Lord...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Since I am a member of the General public, I had better whip out my Credit card so I can take a shot at those great price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#31]
More Special Widgets Shit.

Whoop-Tee-Fuck.

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yes...he is actually writing about the location of the relationship, not whos relationship it is.

I.E. "Special Weapons has ended THERE relationship, but will be keeping HERE relationship"...

"ribbit, ribbit"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...he is actually writing about the location of the relationship, not whos relationship it is.

I.E. "Special Weapons has ended THERE relationship, but will be keeping HERE relationship"...

"ribbit, ribbit"

Why am I hearing Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein?

Werewolf...

There...there wolf.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like Toad broke ties with his copy editor as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Whats interesting is that Toad uses there END of something all the time to sell stuff.  He had no receivers then all of a sudden he found 300 to sell, first come first serve. He had no kits and by some miracle he finds 200 more in a warehouse.

Its a sales ploy pure and simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top