Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:34:49 AM EDT
I am trying to set up Exchange Server on a new server in a small office. It was working yesterday morning and I must have put my foot in something. It seems to be retrieving mail from our ISP's pop3 mail boxes and the e-mail clients seem to send and receive without error and we are able to exchange e-mail within the local domain. But, the mail retrieved from the ISP's pop3 server is not being distributed to the local Exchange mail boxes.
I entered the wrong domain omain that is hosted by our ISP when I initially set it up and then it tried and failed to route mail that was supposed to go out to remote sites to local mail boxes. Afterward I changed the setup to the .local domain. I found the remotely hosted domain name in a couple places afterward and changed it to the local domain name. Does Exchange need permission to process mail addressed to an external domain? I thought I found a dialog box yesterday with room to list several domains that I think now may have been for that purpose. But I haven't been able to find it today.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:55:17 AM EDT
Top Top