Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:30:17 AM EDT
First thing this morning after I launched off of the lovely Nampa airport, I made my usual turn to the north to check out the Garrity interchange and noticed a very bright white light emminating from a side street where a major shopping center is under construction. At first I though it was work flood lamps and the crews must be starting early. After a full orbit of the area I realized that the light was trained on ME.

My mind instantly recalled late 2004's laser incident but this seemed fishy (I had a laser aimed at me and the FBI slapped some kid's pee pee for it). I have had others shine lights my direction but it is eerie to have this happen at 6:15. Somebody would have to REALLY be watching me closely to know that I would be there right then. I then concidered the number of thefts we have from construction sites and realized that the offender was the only person occupying that particular site. The light went off, a pickup truck left the scene, and I was determined to get his license plate number.

Getting a license plate number from an aircraft is a real trick, and like any other magician, I cheated. I called my buddies at Nampa police dispatch and got two officers tasked to my incident. Location, I-84 at Garrity, Direction, west bound I-84, Description, white Dodge midsize truck. I had explained my concern to the dispatcher and explained that I really didn't have much but wanted at least a lead if it turned out to be kids ripping off crap from the construction site.

I watch patiently as the officers close on the truck with my continued updates and listen intently while they follow the truck and read the tag number to dispatch. Then the crap hits the fan...."Plate returns on a Bob Peters.....". OH, SHNICKEYS!

For those in the Treasure Valley area, you will recognize the name of Bob Peters as a radio and TV personality that until resently rode with me in the aircraft and gave traffic reports on KBOI 670AM and KQFC 97.9 FM and is one of my closer friends!

Well, about two seconds before the officers lit him up I managed to blurt out that I knew this guy and he must just be pranking me and the officered broke off. I then realized that he had told be a couple months ago about his new Mega Lamp and would try it out on me someday (it was one of those things I thought would nevery really happen) and that the vehicle description matched his own pickup! Sometimes you just don't get it soon enough.

He leaves for a trip soon and I am feeding his dogs while he is away. Better check for boobie traps!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
One good prank deserves another -

You should have denied that you know the guy, and just let the police run him through the wringer!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You are a nice guy!

If I did that to any of my friends, I'd be proned out on 84.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top