Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2006 4:48:55 AM EDT
Not the member...a potential civilian rifle!

This is most likely a dupe but I can't contain my excitement!

Image from gunblast.com

Image caption from the website read "Steyr's AUG is back in production in Mississippi"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how much that will cost.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
More info? Did yo talk to them? What did they say????????
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh GOODY. Another ugly firearm.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I didn't talk to anyone. This is from another site who is at the SHOT show. No word other than that photo. Could be non-civilian still, but from the looks of it with no muzzle device, I'm praying it's civilian.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:00:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I already posted that in the SHOT show news thread,

I don't know any other details then gunblast.com claims it will be made in Mississippi, why would you do it was going to be offered to the civillian market?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't Steyr under investigation for selling .50cal rifles to Iran?

As much as I would like to have one of thier rifles, I will not buy anything from a company who sells arms to those bastards!

556mm
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Why did they have to bolt all that Tapco AR crap on it.  I want an original.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:19:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If this is indeed a civilian weapon, at least Steyr knows how to re-release a classic, as opposed to shitting all over it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As much as I would like to have one of thier rifles, I will not buy anything from a company who sells arms to those bastards!

556mm

they're prohibited from selling their"evil" rifles here thanks to poppy bush's 89 import ban. where do you think they would like to sell their products, here or iran?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Good point Fourays2!
If there is to be a USA produced civ'y AUG, what will happen to the value of the high dollar PREBAN 89 rifle  I know that this is making me think about a couple of purchases I made several years ago.

Iso
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Any chance you see a Mini Gun in .17 HMR ?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

...or 5.7?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...or 5.7?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

556mm

Yeah well, our gov't really screwed them and there was a HUGE market available.

What could we expect of them?

- BG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#16]
The AUG has always been a "meh" for me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't talk to anyone. This is from another site who is at the SHOT show. No word other than that photo. Could be non-civilian still, but from the looks of it with no muzzle device, I'm praying it's civilian.

That was my thought but apparently there is no muzzle device on the heavy barrel versions... so no realy evidence of a civvy version yet.  

- BG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#18]

"...Oswald was a fag."
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Of all the bullpups, I think it is the most attractive.  The Enfield just looks "blocky" and uncomfortable.  The Steyr is rather streamlined and looks like a fun gun.

Just as it is with the 55X, I'm not looking for a whiz-bang rifle and/or something "better" than things I already own by any means.  I'm just looking for a different flavor of fun gun... and the AUG looks tastey to me!

- BG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my thought but apparently there is no muzzle device on the heavy barrel versions... so no realy evidence of a civvy version yet.  

- BG

Damn....I'm still keeping up hope though. Hopefully some news (either confirming or denying a civilian AUG) will come out of SHOT soon.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#22]
The Iran deal happened before our government set up their whole ban sales to Iran deal. The last I heard, Steyr was good to keep selling in America.

If they were still prohibited, they wouldn't have any foreign products as the Steyr ban was only on products not made in the US. So either there is no Steyr ban anymore, or this is an American made AUG. I hope both are true as Stery has agreed to not sell to Iran anymore, now that they know it pissed us off.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:

www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2006/Day1/DSC07806.jpg

"...Oswald was a fag."

Never seen "The Usual Suspects"?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"...Oswald was a fag."

Never have. Must be a quote from the movie then
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"...Oswald was a fag."

Stephen Baldwin's character, McManus, is on top of a building with a scoped AUG, preparing to shoot several people and begins counting them saying, "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...Oswald was a fag."
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#26]
I kinda of like it... The only thing I would change (Or ask) is why such a long scope rail?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I kinda of like it... The only thing I would change (Or ask) is why such a long scope rail?

This is just a complete guess out of my ass, but I would guess so you can have plenty of real estate to move around different types of scopes or optics. If you want something with wicked long eye relief (like a scout scope) you'll want plenty of space to move it forward. Others may like tjheir scopes closer than those who want to put red-dot sights on top.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

At least it looks like the original.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

556mm

I guess you won't be flying on any planes built by Grumman, than.
They sold F-14s to the Iranians as well.
And we sold weapons to the Iranians.
And we sold weapons to the Iraqis.
Who gives a rat's ass?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG!
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG!

Steyr... are you listening?

Build it, and I WILL BUY IT !!!

oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please...........
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.

+1e12

Anyway, on the Steyr-Iran thing, Steyr got a contract for a bunch of .50s from Iran. The US didn't like it.
US: Don't sell those rifles.
Steyr: Well, we do need to make a living. Tell you what, we won't sell these rifles to Iran if you lift the import ban and let us sell cool rifles in the US again.
US: Hell no.
Steyr: Well then fuck you.

I do not really have a problem with this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"...Oswald was a fag."

Stephen Baldwin's character, McManus, is on top of a building with a scoped AUG, preparing to shoot several people and begins counting them saying, "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...Oswald was a fag."

Looks like "Keyser Soze" in your Avatar.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Suddenly I want a Sig556 after all...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Suddenly I want a Sig556 after all...

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#35]
The civilian model of the AUG was announced more than a year aago (closer to 18 months ago) and the release date was given as "spring of 2006" but it is looking more and more like it will be sometime later this year.

Here's hoping.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is just a complete guess out of my ass, but I would guess so you can have plenty of real estate to move around different types of scopes or optics. If you want something with wicked long eye relief (like a scout scope) you'll want plenty of space to move it forward. Others may like tjheir scopes closer than those who want to put red-dot sights on top.

AN/PVS-14 behind an Aimpoint or EoTech takes up most of the real estate on a flush mounted AR top rail and a bit of the forward rail.  You need a lot of rail if you want to mount two sights and possibly a laser up there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Obligatory SHOT show goodies TAG.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Obligatory SHOT show goodies TAG.

WIZZO

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Oh fuck yes.  If they make it, I WILL have one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I want one.

I don't care how much it costs, for this, I'll carry a credit card balance for a while.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.

+1e12

Anyway, on the Steyr-Iran thing, Steyr got a contract for a bunch of .50s from Iran. The US didn't like it.
Steyr: Well, we do need to make a living. Tell you what, we won't sell these rifles to Iran if you lift the import ban and let us sell cool rifles in the US again.

yeah, that's pretty much my take on the way the conversation went. don't blame Steyr in the least.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

exactly
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Who cares what its looks like?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The Iran deal happened before our government set up their whole ban sales to Iran deal. The last I heard, Steyr was good to keep selling in America.

If they were still prohibited, they wouldn't have any foreign products as the Steyr ban was only on products not made in the US. So either there is no Steyr ban anymore, or this is an American made AUG. I hope both are true as Stery has agreed to not sell to Iran anymore, now that they know it pissed us off.

Funny, I encourage Steyr to sell to Iran.
Maybe I followed the story more then you. I dunno.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Who cares what its looks like?  

Have a look at the sig 556 thread(s)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, that's pretty much my take on the way the conversation went. don't blame Steyr in the least.

Yep +1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice, lots of cool products on the horizon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#49]
All it needs in a Flash Suppressor/Hider on the end and Id LOVE it
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
All it needs in a Flash Suppressor/Hider on the end and Id LOVE it

The other barrel types have it. www.steyr-mannlicher.com/index.php?id=657

I wonder what this will do to AUG A1 and A2 prices if it comes out.

I also wonder if they're only gonna do the A3 model.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top