BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Homophobe means you hate gays?

I thought it was when two words sound the same but had different meanings.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Too true sir...I'm waiting for them to don white Nikes and do a "heaven's gate" dissapearing act.

I wish they would!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So when will ol Fred be over to picket the John_Wayne777 household.......you ol homosexual supporter.

I don't know.

But I imagine he would call me some sort of sodomite sympathizer whom God will vaporize for my evil.

God may sentence me to hell one day because heaven knows I am not a perfect man and I could sure as heck be a better one. But if His Bible actually means what it says, then ol' Fred is going to have a flaming spot in hell right next to the people he condemns.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
These fuckers came to Ft. Campbell and held up signs like "God loves dead soldiers" "God loves IED's"  "The Army loves fags, God hates fags".

Anyways, there were like a whopping 5 protestors.  There were like 200 counter-protestors.  All soldiers were ordered off limits though to make sure that they lived.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#5]
sounds like this guy is over-compensating for his homosexual feelings so as not to alert others around him that he secretly whishes to have sausage put in his dirty place.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't be shocked when he gets caught with some dudes dick in his mouth.

Then the MSM will try to pin that on real Christians too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They funny thing is that even though people disown his ideals as being removed from the typical Christian opinion, these threads tend to derail into gay bashing and discussions of how bad gayness is according to the Bible.  Kind of ironic.

The behaviour is wrong. Many behaviours are wrong. People are just people. Libs can't get their minds around that and unfortunately some Christians can't either. BTW I hate Zucinni. I don't go out of my way to destroy Zucinni but don't appreciate people putting it in my face. I am polite when offered Zucinni but decline to partake. Does that make me a Zucinniphobe?

Depends on how often you feel the need to express your dislike OF Zuchinni. Do you feel the need to go on, and on, and on (and on) about how much you dislike Zuchinni when someone offers you some? If yes, then, probably so. If you just do a polite, "No thanks." Then probably not. Therein lies the difference. If you CAN BE and usually ARE reasonable about something, you are unlikely to be obsessed by it.

Do you start topics about the evils of zuchinni? Start topics whenever you discover a celeb likes Zuchinni? Start a thread whenever zuchinni hits the news in any capacity? Signed up for "news alerts" from one of the internet new servics so that you are always "in the know" whenever zuchinni is IN thne news? If yes, then yes, you probably are. If these all sound ludicrous, probably not

YES! I DO! The question is do I secretly desire the intimate company of a green squash!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if he will try to sue me because of my website.  He might find my reaction to such a thing...suprising.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once these guys began protesting at soldiers' funerals, I began to suspect that the whole God Hates Fags group were liberals posing as extreme rightwingers in order to make people think all Christians and conservatives were bigoted, crazy homophobes.

Yeah, I agree. Homosexuality is wrong so real Christians want to kill homosexuals? Doing drugs is wrong so real Christians want addicts killed? I think they have highjacked the movement and are trying to drive it by pretending to be in the lead.

Nope.....there are people who just hate homosexuality the sin, and then there are people who just hate homosexuals . They are easy to pick out on this board and in real life.....

+1. I will never be able to accept homosexuality as being right or okay or acceptable. I will never accept a person's decision to become that type of person. However, I am able to get along with people that are like that just fine as long as that subject is never brought up. For instance, my grandparents are hardcore democrat. They are not liberal, they are just stuck in the democratic party of yesteryear. We still get along very well though because we have all decided that we are going to always disagree on some things so we have agreed to disagree and just let it be. We never talk politics and we get on fine. Same thing with gays&lesbians, if we just realise that we are going to disagree and just let it be and not talk about it then all is fine.

Unless of course said person professes to be both gay and a Christian, then we might have a problem.

But thats another thread & another time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To me,  homosexuality is an unacceptable aberration and an abomination....but who am I to tell others to stop doing that?

Arfcom has some openly homosexual members, and I respect them like anyone else, even if I might be of the opinion that something in their brains is not wired correctly.

CJ

As a Bible believer, I believe homosexuality to be a sin.

Nevertheless, I do NOT believe that homosexuality is necessarily perversion on the level of what was in Sodom and Gamorrah in every instance. The Biblical account of those people and of Corinth and other places in the Roman empire was of excess and lawlessness of proportions that were shocking even by the standards of the societies they lived in.

While there are certainly absolutely perverted homosexuals (just like there are absolutely perverted heterosexuals) around today, I don't believe that title fits many homosexuals in our society. Most of the gay folks I have ever dealt with personally are reasonable normal people in every way except for their choice in who they share a bed with.

The guys who want to march down mainstreet in ass-less pants french kissing one another are not representative of all homosexuals.

While I do not approve of ANY homosexual behavior, I do not despise homosexuals. Often they have felt a pull in that direction from very early in life and have struggled to come to terms with what that pull is. As things have become more "progressive" in society, that pull can seem stronger and easier to follow than ever. Few people understand what it is to encounter something that seems to have a hold on you, one that is so powerful it feels as if it is WITHIN you. It is not an easy thing to deal with, whether it is homosexuality, alcoholism, whatever.

I don't agree with it and I won't say it is another harmless option on the menu of life, but at the same time I can understand their humanity and weakness is just like my humanity and weakness, and that the same Jesus who died for me died for them. Thus I don't see any justification to go beyond telling the truth:

God does not approve of homosexuality just as He does not approve of adultery, fornication, and HETEROSEXUAL sins. Christ can liberate ALL who would call upon His name. Without Christ the homosexual will be lost....Just as I will be lost without Christ.

The homosexual deserves my compassion and understanding, and ultimately my love. I MUST tell them the truth, but as the Apostle said, I must tell it in love.

There is a difference between telling someone about sin because you want to see them saved, and telling them of sin because you want to see them suffer....Phelps and those like him belive, I suppose, that their zeal in hating the homosexual will be pleasing enough to God to cause Him to overlook THEIR sins.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Paul said it best:

" And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who  “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel."

Romans 2

All men must answer for their lives. No ammount of railing at the sins of another will excuse me for my sins.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They funny thing is that even though people disown his ideals as being removed from the typical Christian opinion, these threads tend to derail into gay bashing and discussions of how bad gayness is according to the Bible.  Kind of ironic.

The behaviour is wrong. Many behaviours are wrong. People are just people. Libs can't get their minds around that and unfortunately some Christians can't either. BTW I hate Zucinni. I don't go out of my way to destroy Zucinni but don't appreciate people putting it in my face. I am polite when offered Zucinni but decline to partake. Does that make me a Zucinniphobe?

Depends on how often you feel the need to express your dislike OF Zuchinni. Do you feel the need to go on, and on, and on (and on) about how much you dislike Zuchinni when someone offers you some? If yes, then, probably so. If you just do a polite, "No thanks." Then probably not. Therein lies the difference. If you CAN BE and usually ARE reasonable about something, you are unlikely to be obsessed by it.

Do you start topics about the evils of zuchinni? Start topics whenever you discover a celeb likes Zuchinni? Start a thread whenever zuchinni hits the news in any capacity? Signed up for "news alerts" from one of the internet new servics so that you are always "in the know" whenever zuchinni is IN thne news? If yes, then yes, you probably are. If these all sound ludicrous, probably not

YES! I DO! The question is do I secretly desire the intimate company of a green squash!

Now THAT is just .......  um....... que..... um... od...... err........ weird.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I am going to RESIST the urge to point out the phallic nature of zuchinni, and the possible contributing factors in that aversion, 'cause I mostly like Planerench

j/k (really... but couldn't resist... it was just too good.)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once these guys began protesting at soldiers' funerals, I began to suspect that the whole God Hates Fags group were liberals posing as extreme rightwingers in order to make people think all Christians and conservatives were bigoted, crazy homophobes.

Or they could just read any of your posts on the subject....and get the same idea.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
To me,  homosexuality is an unacceptable aberration and an abomination....but who am I to tell others to stop doing that?

CJ

Well, you and I have NO right to tell them that.

But God does have that right.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too true sir...I'm waiting for them to don white Nikes and do a "heaven's gate" dissapearing act.

I wish they would!

+1 should we be so lucky.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

I know this is going to sound funny coming from me...but yes you do have that right. The difference is HOW you go about telling us about it. While God has the job of judging sinners pretty well monopolized, speaking out against things that you disagree with is everybody’s right.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

Well, I agree w/Stoner.... everyone has a right to an opinion (even if it IS wrong ). What people DON'T, IMO, have the "right" to do is be rude, disrespectful and basically... jackasses while expressing the opinion. (Technically, they DO have the "right", but it's uncouth, unnessarry, and frankly ineffective.).

And when GOD does so, we'll (He and I not you and I ) have a discussion. He hasn't. All He did was speak to my heart, and at NO point did I get ANY indication that I was doing "wrong". So.... And YES I know what it says in the Bible (likely better than you, but maybe not) and I don't agree with the interpretations some theologians have attributed to those passages, so now we're at an argument regarding who's right, the Baptists (pick a sect) or the Methodists (ditto) or is it the Church of Christ? or ... well... you get the idea.... (No offense intended to any Christian faith I did or did NOT name...)

ETA: And YES I did ask... and PRAY REPEATEDLY, for YEARS about it.... seems like I'd have gotten SOMETHING... don't you think? I mean ANY indication .... I've been moved by The Spirit in OTHER things... I know what that sensation feels like both for action and restraint from action... so... I'll trust God... you... are welcome to do whatever it is that you do.

And I really think that there are str8 Christian folk w/the right HEARTS, BUT that because it (homosexuality) would be wrong for THEM... it's therefore wrong for EVERYONE. Like say - drinking at ALL, (or for some faiths) to EXCESS would be wrong. That's wrong for EVERYONE, not just SOME. Like murder is wrong for EVERYONE, not just some. But being a say... carpenter might wWELL be VERY wrong fr SOME, while very much the "calling" of others, or being a soldier for some might be a DISASTER, while others seem to be born to it... Rugby might be WRONG for some, yet be very GOOD for others.... God didn't use a cookie cutter folks. What is good for some would be detrimental for others, yet there ARE "universal" truths that hold true across all humankind. 2b queer or not 2b queer just isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#20]
seeing some of the pics on his site makes my blood boil.

To the guy above that posted that about this fucktard being at his fathers funeral I give you props on keeping your cool. I dont know how you did becuase I would have lost my cool in a situation like that and killed that fucker and his family of tards
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
seeing some of the pics on his site makes my blood boil.

To the guy above that posted that about this fucktard being at his fathers funeral I give you props on keeping your cool. I dont know how you did becuase I would have lost my cool in a situation like that and killed that fucker and his family of tards

+!, excpet not RIGHT there, right THEN in front of witnesses ... more like 3 months later (hard? certainly, but would be necessary) after another "display" preferably NOT in my "area" (Not Ohio, or "touching" staes, +TN. And THEN, making it look "random" or accidental.... as much as possible.) And fr those who want to say "murder isn't very "Christian" - I agree, but the BIBLICAL definition of "murder" is killing an innocent, and Fred may be MANY things, "innocent" isn't one of them... and God tends to NOT have all that big of a problem w/"killing" as long as it is in defense of self or others, and sure as <ahem> THAT would be, JMO. Though I'd have to pray about it for the 3 months I was "idle"... and I've NOT "cleared" it W/God yet... since I HAVE no plans to DO that, I'm just saying IF I DID... so maybe I'm wrong, and IT WOULD be a problem w/God... somehow, though, I'd bet NO. FP gives a BAD name to Christians, and is leading MANY to hell, under the GUISE of leading them to heaven...

Isaiah 5:20 comes to mind....

(For those not familiar: [20] Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

Well, I agree w/Stoner.... everyone has a right to an opinion (even if it IS wrong ). What people DON'T, IMO, have the "right" to do is be rude, disrespectful and basically... jackasses while expressing the opinion. (Technically, they DO have the "right", but it's uncouth, unnessarry, and frankly ineffective.).

And when GOD does so, we'll (He and I not you and I ) have a discussion. He hasn't. All He did was speak to my heart, and at NO point did I get ANY indication that I was doing "wrong". So.... And YES I know what it says in the Bible (likely better than you, but maybe not) and I don't agree with the interpretations some theologians have attributed to those passages, so now we're at an argument regarding who's right, the Baptists (pick a sect) or the Methodists (ditto) or is it the Church of Christ? or ... well... you get the idea.... (No offense intended to any Christian faith I did or did NOT name...)

ETA: And YES I did ask... and PRAY REPEATEDLY, for YEARS about it.... seems like I'd have gotten SOMETHING... don't you think? I mean ANY indication .... I've been moved by The Spirit in OTHER things... I know what that sensation feels like both for action and restraint from action... so... I'll trust God... you... are welcome to do whatever it is that you do.

And I really think that there are str8 Christian folk w/the right HEARTS, BUT that because it (homosexuality) would be wrong for THEM... it's therefore wrong for EVERYONE. Like say - drinking at ALL, (or for some faiths) to EXCESS would be wrong. That's wrong for EVERYONE, not just SOME. Like murder is wrong for EVERYONE, not just some. But being a say... carpenter might wWELL be VERY wrong fr SOME, while very much the "calling" of others, or being a soldier for some might be a DISASTER, while others seem to be born to it... Rugby might be WRONG for some, yet be very GOOD for others.... God didn't use a cookie cutter folks. What is good for some would be detrimental for others, yet there ARE "universal" truths that hold true across all humankind. 2b queer or not 2b queer just isn't one of them.

no offense meant, like stoner said just expressing opinion here, but if you go into a situation with your heart and mind already set on a certain outcome then the only answer you will get is that outcome. Every person that prays is guilty at one time or another of 'filtering' out what they dont want to hear. and the passages are pretty clear cut to me. Its like trying to say that a stop sign might actually mean somthing else other than 'stop'

Could it be that you were already so convinced in your heart and mind that it was ok that you werent really praying and receiving from God but just looking to comfirm what you already believed?

But then that is another thread altogether
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

I know this is going to sound funny coming from me...but yes you do have that right. The difference is HOW you go about telling us about it. While God has the job of judging sinners pretty well monopolized, speaking out against things that you disagree with is everybody’s right.

I see what you are saying....I used the wrong word when I used "right."

Constitutionally we have the "right" and you are correct - its all in HOW we exercise teh right.

But from a Biblical standpoint, my opinion is NO more relevant or true than anyone elses.

And God's opinions trumps all others.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top