Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:36:20 PM EDT
Watching the show and they raided a drug house, besides the drugs they got a sawed off Shotgun, a .380 or 9mm and 50 rounds of .223 but no .223 rifle. According to one of the SWAT guys "They were heavily armed and ready"

Heavily Armed

They would SHIT themselves in some of our houses
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I just seen that. I wonder since they ripped all the windows and doors out of that house the suspects property is going to be protected? since they hadnt yet been to court and got convicted of anything?????
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet those JBTs went home to their families after their shift!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The dog was unharmed, though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just seen that. I wonder since they ripped all the windows and doors out of that house the suspects property is going to be protected? since they hadnt yet been to court and got convicted of anything?????

I thought that was odd/wrong. Seemed kinda strange AFTER the raid to keep pulling windows and doors out of the frames. Said they had a court order to do it, maybe during the INITIAL assault, but AFTERWORD?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
they tried to take him out with the strap so it would look like an accident but their plan didnt work

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still scratching my head over part of last week's episode. One of the central figures was a guy from Massachusetts (I think) who was of Italian heritage. So what was part of this guy's appearance as a Dallas SWAT Officer? He goes and bleaches his hair blonde at a beauty salon, and we even get to see him sitting under the dryer.

I mean, after a dark headed guy gets his bleach job, he still has black eyebrows. Man, he looked freakin' stupid. He looked just like the guy playing the doofus in the old Bette Middler and Danny Devito movie, "Ruthless People." Unbelieveable.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
damn...they tore the whole front 1/2 of that one guys house down....must have been a puppy mill in thereand what about the times where they bust somebodys shit up and dont find anything?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The BEST part tonight was the squat, I mean Swat guy throwing his M-4 to his back muzzledown, and the camera man almost taking a pic of the chambered round he was swept so bad.  These guys talk so much shit about guns and don't know FUCK ALL about gun safety
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was odd/wrong. Seemed kinda strange AFTER the raid to keep pulling windows and doors out of the frames. Said they had a court order to do it, maybe during the INITIAL assault, but AFTERWORD?

The officer said they had a court order to do that.

Sometimes when it can be demonstrated that a location is habitually involved in drug distribution and that is fortified, a court order can be issued to tear the fortifications out of the building.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Lame program. It will die on the vine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I think it was Dallas Swat.

I missed part of it, the SWAT team busts all the windows out of a white pick up.  They even said it wasn't the truck they were looking for.  The passenger was the girlfriend of someone they were looking for, and the driver was "not charged"   Not charged with what, having his truck bashed in?  They seemed a TAD over-aggressive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Are you sure? They may have edited that part out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He came close.  I was watching bits and pieces and the cops started talking about how close they came to killing a dog near the crackhouse.  Its like they were writing the show just for this board.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I was a scary show. Naive me figured SWAT only got called out for hostage and nut with a gun situations.  But these guys did three drug raids in one show.  They did one just because narcotics was too busy that day.  I was surprised how large the team was.  The whole situation just looks like an accident waiting to happen.

And that dog lived only because his chain didn't get caught in the tow strap.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't watch the worthless propaganda show.hinking.gif

+1. Let it die.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't watch the worthless propaganda show.

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I saw it was on but after the blonde hair dying of last week I'd rather clean a few guns than watch that crap.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 for armchairs who do it and have done it all!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#20]
This one time, at SWAT camp.......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if they are going on some of those raids they normally wouldn't to have material for the show. It's hard to believe SWAT gets called out every time there a warrant for some guy selling pot. It seems like more often than not, they find a small amount of drugs or nothing at all.

When they tear the front off someone's house, find nothing, and don't arrest anyone, does the city pay to have the house repaired???
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got them out gunned.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He came close.  I was watching bits and pieces and the cops started talking about how close they came to killing a dog near the crackhouse.  Its like they were writing the show just for this board.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that! The guy was like "That dog was so close to being dead"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I missed part of it, the SWAT team busts all the windows out of a white pick up.  They even said it wasn't the truck they were looking for.  The passenger was the girlfriend of someone they were looking for, and the driver was "not charged"   Not charged with what, having his truck bashed in?  They seemed a TAD over-aggressive.

Two nights ago I saw Texas Swat where they were doing a drug sting and walked up behind a small passenger car with four occupants, and without warning smashed all the windows with clubs while the occupants were inside. Only one of the occupants had actually bought any drugs IIRC. Talk about JBT's. Overuse of force.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I wonder if they are going on some of those raids they normally wouldn't to have material for the show. It's hard to believe SWAT gets called out every time there a warrant for some guy selling pot. It seems like more often than not, they find a small amount of drugs or nothing at all.

When they tear the front off someone's house, find nothing, and don't arrest anyone, does the city pay to have the house repaired???

Usually when SWAT does a narc raid, they are doing it on a house that undercover narc agents have made buys on before. Ordinarily narc squads do their own raids, unless they have good reason to believe that the location is dangerous. Then they call SWAT.

That house was torn apart because most likely undercover narc agents made several buys there and gathered enough information to believe that they could face violent response on a raid.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Two nights ago I saw Texas Swat where they were doing a drug sting and walked up behind a small passenger car with four occupants, and without warning smashed all the windows with clubs while the occupants were inside. Only one of the occupants had actually bought any drugs IIRC. Talk about JBT's. Overuse of force.

SWAT tactics call for a display of violence to deter a violent response. When SWAT serves an arrest warrant, they are usually serving it on a fairly dangerous individual. Tactics like a window bust can prevent a firefight which is a hell of a lot easier to fix than a window.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

They called it their shock-n-awe to bash out the windows with a baseball bat while apprehending. Lousy police work disguised as 'special' tactics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SWAT tactics call for a display of violence to deter a violent response. When SWAT serves an arrest warrant, they are usually serving it on a fairly dangerous individual. Tactics like a window bust can prevent a firefight which is a hell of a lot easier to fix than a window.

The cop even said that this was not the vehicle they were looking for.  Some criminals girlfriend was in a vehicle, not even driving, and that warrants a full SWAT assault?  I don't think so.  Granted, if the chick was in the truck, something was probably fishy.  But a full on smash and grab assault?

I understand the over-whelming force as a deterant to resistance, but jeez.  Are they going to tackle hookers on a street corner next?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#31]
to whoever asked about the liability to fix it, no, with a judges signature (meaning he believes that they have probable cause so either way they are doing something wrong) comes the release of liability to pay.  Maybe not legally.  But tons of people sue the cities and PDs all the time for it and never see a dime.  You get into personal injury claims, and you MIGHT see something if you get a really lib jury.  The city lawyers will trash you no matter how innocent you are, and generally have talks with the prosecuter about finding out what charges can be filed on you for your conduct even if they have to make up something.  Filing suit against any level of government is very dangerous.  Remember, the courts are supposed to see us, and the government equally.  They never have and that is yet another reason our founding fathers were so sure to include the RKBA in the bill or rights.  As much against foreign invaders and home protection as an insurance policy that if a populous was as well armed as it's government, then the government wouldn't be as likey to oppress it's people and treat them horribly.

Society at the time of the American revolution had MANY similarties to our society today.  A government that did it's best (think dems) to trample on the rights of it's citizens and tried to tell them what they could, and could not do.  In fact if you really research it, you'll see that one of the sparks of the revolutionary war, was England trying to take our arms away as they began to fear us.
Gee, a government treats it's population like dogs, and knows it, so they try to take away their way of fighting back.  Sound familiar?  My question to all of you is, Will you do your brothers from 230 years ago proud when the time comes?
Damn that was beautiful And I guess it is a logical progression from the topic lol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#32]
One thing the SWAT shows do a pretty good job at is demonstrating SWAT's tactics and equipment.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
One thing the SWAT shows do a pretty good job at is demonstrating SWAT's tactics and equipment.  

Studying your enemy is wise.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are you such an apologist for these assholes?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I don't watch the worthless propaganda show.

Yep, it's a fucking bullshit show filled with bullshit people [I ain't LEO bashing].
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I loved the SEMI AUTO CLOSED BOLT Mac 10 pistol they found. Mr. SWAT expert goes on to describe it as a MACHINE PISTOL and they run to the footage of a select fire Glock 18.

Then to demonstrate the "firepower" of the SKS they run to the footage of a deputy shooting a SELECT FIRE AK-47.

Fyed blond SWAT dudes, fucking over the truck of the WRONG GUY and completely freaking out when they run into any kind of resistance "MANTRAAAAPPP!!!"

Not impressed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are you such an apologist for these assholes?

Why do you hate them? Living in a nice area with no one selling drugs around your kids? Living out in the boonies where the real world is of no consequence?

Why? Because this works?

"Knock, Knock...This is police. Please stop selling drugs. Thank you. Have a nice day, Bye."

Man all you "This week it is cool to hate SWAT" guys should be charge of EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I loved the SEMI AUTO CLOSED BOLT Mac 10 pistol they found. Mr. SWAT expert goes on to describe it as a MACHINE PISTOL and they run to the footage of a select fire Glock 18.

Then to demonstrate the "firepower" of the SKS they run to the footage of a deputy shooting a SELECT FIRE AK-47.

Fyed blond SWAT dudes, fucking over the truck of the WRONG GUY and completely freaking out when they run into any kind of resistance "MANTRAAAAPPP!!!"

Not impressed.

They even call their own guns M16s.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#39]
its shows like this that give firearms a bad rep to people that don't know any better.

this show defines the meaning of JBT, what a bunch of crooks.

I had know idea that swat team members made well over 6 figures.  Off duty, it shows them driving expensive cars, living in mansion like homes, and buying airplanes

there is too much more to list, I watched it a few times after hearing about it here.  If the show was real, Then it might be worth watching, but it is a bunch of bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Bwhahahahahahahahaha

This place never fails to disappoint.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Whatcha mean?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Bwhahahahahahahahaha

This place never fails to disappoint.  

I agree. It is entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
its shows like this that give firearms a bad rep to people that don't know any better.

I had know idea that swat team members made well over 6 figures.  Off duty, it shows them driving expensive cars, living in mansion like homes, and buying airplanes

there is too much more to list, I watched it a few times after hearing about it here.  If the show was real, Then it might be worth watching, but it is a bunch of bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#45]
It must be nice to be a Dallas cop, seriously.  Cops here can't afford cheap hair bleach much less getting it done professionaly.  As much as he was bitching I'd hate to see him not roll a def tec far enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The airplane guy's woman is apparently loaded. The Jag he was driving is hers. On an earlier epsiode it showed an upscale salon she owned, and he stated that they came from very different backgrounds and she was from a prominent family.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm trying to decide which show has more immature and uneducated charachters: punky brewster or the swat shows on cable?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leasing nice cars is cheap.

Real Estate in Texas is cheap.

And when going through an airplane broker several people can own it~ like a time share. You share maint, hours, insurance, payments, etc...

Get over yourselfs. It's ok for Cops to NOT to be broke after 20+ years in the workforce. I guess all of you haters know all about dual income families, moving equity from Real Estate investments, stock market,  etc...come on.

For real, go back and read some of this stuff. It is hilarious. It really is. Like I said before, last week Dallas SWAT was a good show. This week it is hated. Let one of those guys send lead at someone with his AR and you guys will be shooting a load all over the TV and this site.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leasing nice cars is cheap. Real Estate in Texas is cheap. And when going through an airplane broker several people can own it~ like a time share. You share maint, hours, insurance, payments, etc...

Get over yourselfs. It's ok for Cops to NOT to be broke after 20+ years in the workforce. I guess all of you haters know all about dual income families, moving equity from Real Estate purcahses, stock market,  etc...come on.

For real, go back and read some of this stuff. It is hilarious. It really is.

One thing thats funny is that one of them had to work security at 2 or 3 different places so his wife could stay home with their teenagers.  That's just being a whipped bastard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top