Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:32:24 PM EDT
I'm a little out of the loop on this holiday, is a "Valentine" simply a card or chocolates, etc?

So if I asked someone "to be my Valentine", that wouldnt make any sense???

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Card,flowers, out to dinner. You get laid
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Should be a national holiday so I can get off of work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Play your cards right you get sex.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
yea I know that ,,,,,, the thing is im wondering if you can use the holiday to get a hot date if your not currently attached, how do you go about asking that? i.e. "will you be my Valentine?", Im wondering if that even makes sense as to what it actually means
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a trap!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
yea, well,,, the thing is im wondering if you can use the holiday to get a hot date if your not currently attached, how do you go about asking that? i.e. will you be my Valentine, Im wondering if that even makes sense as to what it actually means

"Hey, wanna go out for a Valentines dinner?"
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO, Valentines is for couples only.  I would personally feel awkward asking a girl out for Valentines.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm a little out of the loop on this holiday, is a "Valentine" simply a card or chocolates, etc?

It's too bad our resident relationship expert, Clean_cut, was banned.

He knew all about dealing with the ladies.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
IMO, Valentines is for couples only.  I would personally feel awkward asking a girl out for Valentines.

well, I wouldnt be asking a stranger or a platonic friend I had an interest in, there is already a romantic connection there
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"Be my valentine" is proper usage of the word.

A "valentine" is also a card.  Sometimes anonymous.

Basically, you dump some money out on some dumb ass crap for your girl or else you are going to have to do some begging and apologizing.

The best gifts are a big bunch of expensive horseshit that is delivered in front of her friends, making her the focking center of attention.

Like a dozen expensive roses delivered by courier to her workplace.

ohhh! ahhh!  $100 down the tubes!!

is it worth it?  i guess  NOT

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, I wouldnt be asking a stranger or a platonic friend I had an interest in, there is already a romantic connection there

If you already have a romantic connection then this seems a good way to encourage things along.  Way the think ghey!!!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yea I know that ,,,,,, the thing is im wondering if you can use the holiday to get a hot date if your not currently attached, how do you go about asking that? i.e. "will you be my Valentine?", Im wondering if that even makes sense as to what it actually means

generally, only children ask each other to " be my valentine"
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a holiday for womenz and a trap for men/guys, because thier expectations are very high.  If you don't show up with flowers, chocolates, and dinner (which have become considered lame by todays standards), acting like a guy from a soap opera, in touch with you feminine side, the Marlboro Man and James Bond all rolled into one while you attempt to wine, dine, and dance, you are worthless.  The arrow that was intended to come from Cupid now goes into her quiver to be launched in anger at you at some point in time when you have a disagreement. Some womenz will save these arrows and launch a volley and you are on the other end of the battlefield trying to protect yourself like a scene out of Braveheart.

That's why I just send out the Valentine cards that little kids use, with those stupid heart candies that have dopey sayings on them followed by dinner..  Usually it will get a giggle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
<------ Absolutely LOVES being alone.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When was he banned?  And why?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
It is a Conspiracy lead by Hallmark, DeBeers, Russell Stover/Godiva, FTD and various Female groups.

Come up with a "holiday" where women get expensive gifts and attention.  The Merchandisers get to make lots of money.  The women get gifts for no reason (and buy their men some Ties or Cologne).

Look for "Sweetest" Day to become more and more popular in the near future (sales are a bit down on Valentines Day, so they had to do something to pump them up).

AFARR
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Most of us are waiting on S & B Day in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wanted RachelF to be his valentine
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]
thanks for clearing that up guys. I won't be spending a single cent, well maybe for parking
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

it is a children's holiday.  adults don't take it seriously.   If you are single, you can joke about it with friends.  If you are married, you should buy her some chocolates and maybe dinner.  Don't do anything that will get you arrested.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't know the exact date, but it'sbeen awhile.

IIRC it was for having a troll account 'rachelF' that he used to mess with other members.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top