Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 5:29:58 PM EDT
A question for you ......
When going from onw school to another after graduating, does the GPA tranfer or only the degree? At the new school will the GPA begin fresh or will the one from previous school transfer over?

Thanks,
Bit
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A question for you ......
When going from onw school to another after graduating, does the GPA tranfer or only the degree? At the new school will the GPA begin fresh or will the one from previous school transfer over?

Thanks,
Bit

Credits transfer, not the GPA.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The GPA is forever connected to that degree. Once you've got it it doesn't change.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Even credits transferring to the first degree transfer without the GPA.

At least for the 3 schools I've been dealing with.
(community college, private university, state university)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
GPA will transfer IIRC.

I assume you are like me. I had a 1.96 after my first year. It went up to a 2.25 or something after my second year. I finally got my head together and transferred to another school. Made deans list the last semester of my senior year--with 18 semseter hours of classes that were junior/senior level classes!!! YEAH!!!!

the final GPA was low, though, because of my first year. I think it was just over a 3.0. like a 3.15 or something.

Did a lot better with the Master's degree, though!!

GR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top