Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:19:21 AM EDT
I have version 1.07, and tried upgrading to the new version. When I did this I now have this weird box in the address bar. How can I get rid of it? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it with no luck, and even deleted the folders after uninstalling it and it still shows up.
Any ideas??? Here is the box I am talikning about.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You probably need to revert to the default theme.

Tools -> Themes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep. It looks like your theme isn't supported by V1.5 yet. Many themes and extensions haven't been updated yet to work on V1.5. It should tell you the status of the theme when you got to Tools>Themes. Perform a manual update by clicking Find Update if you don't have Firefox setup to automatically download updates of this nature.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
watch all of the screens carefully when you install sometimes they give you options to install the yahoo toolbar or other such annoying toolbar options, that may be what the problem is. If not try the settings you can probably turn the function off.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Well? Did you try reverting to the default theme?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#5]
went to default theme, and it worked. Thanks! It also updated the theme that was giving me the box.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
went to default theme, and it worked. Thanks! It also updated the theme that was giving me the box.

Well, that's one Firefox issue resolved today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top