Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 9:28:01 AM EDT
I want to download a new font (aurabesh- the text used in all the Star Wars movies). Thing is, I don't know how to use it once I've got it.

How would I type in the new font? Would I just select it from the list of available fonts in a word program, or what?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Download the font from wherever you found it (I'm guessing that it's Word-format)

Open the Windows folder on your "C:" drive
Insert into the Font folder

It should then be selectable from the "FONT" buttonbar at the top of your Word screen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Download the font from wherever you found it (I'm guessing that it's Word-format)

Open the Windows folder on your "C:" drive
Insert into the Font folder

It should then be selectable from the "FONT" buttonbar at the top of your Word screen.

I suppose I should probably find a copy of Microsoft Word for my computer then.

I'm also curious since I've seen people set it as the default "language" for their computer; all the folders, programs, etc. are labeled in aurabesh.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
From the windows help menu.  I recently added an ARMY font.  It's pretty cool.  I am pretty stupid, too, so if I can do it......  

To add a new font to your computer
1 Open Fonts in Control Panel.
2 On the File menu, click Install New Font.
3 In Drives, click the drive you want.
4 In Folders, double-click the folder that contains the fonts you want to add.
5 In List of fonts, click the font you want to add, and then click OK.

To add all of the listed fonts, click Select All, and then click OK.

Notes

To open Fonts, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Fonts.
To select more than one font to add, hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the fonts you want to add.
You can also drag OpenType, TrueType, Type 1, and raster fonts from another location to add them to the Fonts folder. This works only if the font is not already in the Fonts folder.
To add fonts from a network drive without using disk space on your computer, make sure that the Copy fonts to Fonts folder check box, in the Add Fonts dialog box, is clear. This is available only when you install OpenType, TrueType, or raster fonts using the Install New Font option on the File menu.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont you know how to use Google?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It works, but I can't copy and paste text without it changing back to english. Ah well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top