Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:47:49 AM EDT

These newfangled prissy pickups aren't right.

That is all.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree....I had to have my dealer search and get in my GMC Canyon with a bench seat....sorry, bucket seats aren't right in a pick-up....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad a thread was started about this subject!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen. How do you slide your girl over in bucket seats?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm glad a thread was started about this subject!

This was actually in reposnce to the Tundra truck thread
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
A truck ain't a truck unless it has 18 wheels.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That is all.

tried getting a truck with a bench seat lately??? christ, it was all i could do to get one with cloth buckets instead of leather in my toytac pos!!! the salesman looked at me like i'd suddenly sprung horns...

fucking yuppies and soccer moms have ruined the fuck outta trucks and suvs for all the rest of us...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]
My 90 GMC stepside was all truck AND it had very nice buckets.  Sitting in that thing for 6 hours pulling jet skis to Lake Havasu after a long workweek was the reason.

Bench seat BLOW for long hauling.

For me, anyway.  But it still wasn't a Toyota.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I have precisely 2 useful seats out of 4 in my car.  Aint no fuckin goin on in a firebird  It could happen in a truck with buckets, but it aint right.  gotta be able to have ur girl hip to hip.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Proud owner of a 1966 F-100.  She has vinyl bench seat and a one piece rubber floor mat.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I must be a pussy then.

I like my buckets in my 05 F-150 Supercrew.   I used to think that I had to have a split bench seat, but after my 00 Chevy with buckets, my preference was Buckets in my Ford.

I especially like the shifter on the floor of my new  Ford.  The power seats are also real nice.  I like being able to lean on the counsel with my right arm.   It is just more comfortable for me.  

Besides, I'm married; I'd rather she sit on her own seat than in my lap, when I'm trying to drive.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Or lay down for the big move?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Tell that to my Dakota Quad Cab.

I love that truck.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

tried getting a truck with a bench seat lately??? christ, it was all i could do to get one with cloth buckets instead of leather in my toytac pos!!! the salesman looked at me like i'd suddenly sprung horns...

fucking yuppies and soccer moms have ruined the fuck outta trucks and suvs for all the rest of us...

Stop buying that furnin' crap and you'll have no problem gettin' a bench seat. But I'll take the 40/20/40 bench in my Dodge CTD over a straight bench. Try riding in one when the driver is 5'3" and your 6'3" your knees in your chin ain't no fun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where there's a will, there's a way!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#16]
You know what else sucks now a days TV's.

Black and white rules, Color SUCKS
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#17]
hell if my wife drove my truck and i rode in the passenger seat i would be eating my knees with a full bench seat.

i like my 60/40 bench seat.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Try finding a work truck . I have not been able to find a manual transmission 3/4 ton with a rubber floor mat. Salesman took me right to a king ranch when I said a work truck.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#19]
This is one of those Super-Redneck posts I never thought you capable of Beetle.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree.

I like bench seats in light trucks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Thats the big problem...I remember when I was a kid...trucks were truck, not tricked out cars that look like a truck.

I want a truck to haul things, and to be able to get in with muddy/dirty/snowy/wet boots and not care that I am going to ruin the damn carpet.

In my mind a pickup should have rubber floors, bench seats (60/40 ok), no foofoo crap.

I wanted rubber floor and bench seats on my Canyon, best I could do without a special order was the bench seat...but its got carpet....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Try finding a work truck . I have not been able to find a manual transmission 3/4 ton with a rubber floor mat. Salesman took me right to a king ranch when I said a work truck.

Well a dealer here orders F350 PSD 6 speed XLTs with the rubber mat for people like you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Thats the big problem...I remember when I was a kid...trucks were truck, not tricked out cars that look like a truck.

I want a truck to haul things, and to be able to get in with muddy/dirty/snowy/wet boots and not care that I am going to ruin the damn carpet.

In my mind a pickup should have rubber floors, bench seats (60/40 ok), no foofoo crap.

I wanted rubber floor and bench seats on my Canyon, best I could do without a special order was the bench seat...but its got carpet....

The first thing I did when I bought my CTD last year was buy "slush" mats that cover the foot well area. Just pull them out and hose 'em down.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Pffttt....

My 06 crew cab King Ranch F250 4X4 is more truck than most.........

I always had the 60/40 before, but now that I've had this one for a few months.....I like the seats in it. (King Ranch only comes with the captain seat. It does have the bench seat in the back though)

PLUS......it looks damned good, and I look good in it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Pffttt....

My 06 crew cab King Ranch F250 4X4 is more truck than most.........

I always had the 60/40 before, but now that I've had this one for a few months.....I like the seats in it. (King Ranch only comes with the captain seat. It does have the bench seat in the back though)

PLUS......it looks damned good, and I look good in it.

You could have bought the KR with 4 captin's chairs too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yeah I know, the first one they got for me had that but I wanted the bench in the back so the dealer traded another dealer for the one I wanted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I know, the first one they got for me had that but I wanted the bench in the back so the dealer traded another dealer for the one I wanted.

Well they're nice when 2 yuppie couples hook their 4 place slant load GN trailer on to go riding.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#30]

What GOOD is a benchseat, except for sliding around on?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I humbly dissagree.  A truck hails it's payload in a bed, what you are refering to is most likely a tractor and trailer.  Personally I can not think of any 18 wheeled trucks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Cake

Stick Shifts And Safety Belts Lyrics

Stickshifts and safetybelts,
Bucket seats have all got to go.
When we're driving in the car,
It makes my baby seem so far.
I need you here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.
I need you to be here with me,
But when we're driving in my Malibu,
It's easy to get right next to you.
I say, "Baby, scoot over, please."
And then she's right there next to me.
I need you here with me,

Well a lot of good cars are Japanese.
But when we're driving far,
I need my baby,
I need my baby next to me.

Well, stickshifts and safetybelts,
I need you here with me,
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I love my bucket seats.  Hell, I'd of got the self heating ones that massage my butt and lower back if they had them at the time.  Besides I don't want the passenger close enough to fiddle with my DVD player or GPS.

As far as putting the moves on my honey in the truck... heck with that, I can afford a hotel room if I'm away from home!

Bench seats are for poor people who can't afford a truck with real seats, and for young people who don't know any better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What GOOD is a benchseat, except for sliding around on?  

You can get 3 people in a bench...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Cake

Stick Shifts And Safety Belts Lyrics

Stickshifts and safetybelts,
I need you here with me,
But when we're driving in my Malibu,
It's easy to get right next to you.
I say, "Baby, scoot over, please."
And then she's right there next to me.
I need you here with me,

Well a lot of good cars are Japanese.
But when we're driving far,
I need my baby,
I need my baby next to me.

Well, stickshifts and safetybelts,
I need you here with me,

Huge +1! I LOVE that song.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well a dealer here orders F350 PSD 6 speed XLTs with the rubber mat for people like you.

Where are you?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I humbly dissagree.  A truck hails it's payload in a bed, what you are refering to is most likely a tractor and trailer.  Personally I can not think of any 18 wheeled trucks.

Looks like 18 wheels on this dump truck.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#38]
My dad's got a bench seat in his 97 Chevy.  In his 95 Chevy he had buckets and console.  I like the bench seat better, cause in a regular cab, where will you sit when you aren't driving  when you have to carry groceries, and/or laundry, and you have a damn console in the way?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#39]
That Tundra is fugly.  This is a real truck:

1997 Chevrolet C2500 Cheyenne, 305 V-8, Automatic, power nothing, bench seat.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#40]
bucket seats are for dudes with ugly girlfriends, and guys who watch Beaches

I drive with a bench so my girl can sit next to me and my dog can hang his head out the window.

It's a man thing.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you?

When I was searching for CC 4x4 F350s last year Corning Ford had them like that. Their '06s listed don't have the carpet delete like last year's models did. To find one like that in stock you have to find a large dealer in farming or ranching country. But any Ford dealer can order it. Or if you want a lariat with rubber mats have the dealer switch out the carpet for rubber mats. Any dealer that won't do this doesn't want to sell you a truck. Tell the sales person that it is what it will take to make a sale. I mean they're not flying off the show room floors are they?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#42]
yeah, my dad was all p o'd cause he couldnt find a truck on the lot with a bench  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
*Pic removed*

That was a good one!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
bucket seats are for dudes with ugly girlfriends, and guys who watch Beaches

I drive with a bench so my girl can sit next to me and my dog can hang his head out the window.

It's a man kid thing.  

There... fixed it!

Grown-up men don't have girlfriends. Kids do.

The wife can sit over on her own side, where she belongs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#45]
I have to say, in general, I am against the pussification of anything I hold dear....pick-up trucks being amonst said things.

However, I'm pretty fond of the barcaloungers Dodge puts in their trucks.  

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
That Tundra is fugly.  This is a real truck:deej.zoto.com/img/45/82a844ca6d24280c70fa1c863ac3a856-.jpg

do they offer that truck in men's colors too?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That Tundra is fugly.  This is a real truck:deej.zoto.com/img/45/82a844ca6d24280c70fa1c863ac3a856-.jpg

do they offer that truck in men's colors too?

I like the color. My dad's gotten compliments on the color too.  

I've got some less crappier pix in a thread in the car forum.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Two buckets and two benches.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top