User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Man I miss Trader JOe's.

Was the only place where they had my all time favorite Beers. Gillespie's and Murphy Stout. Can't find Gillespie's here in TX.

Tried whole foods and central market, nothing!!!

I always visit Trader Joe's when I go back to CA.

One of the guys at shot....recently moved to an area with no TJ's...
they stopped at one in Vegas before they headed home
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Used to go to Trader Joe's regularly
One thing I liked to get there was the Cashews   Very Reasonable Prices

Oh yeah, forgot, add Calif. cashew nuts to the pistachios & almonds.  Get the big ones, I bet you can't eat just one handful.  I can eat a whole 1lb bag in a 3-4 days easy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Did not read through all replies, but if they have yet to be mentioned:  Moroccan Oil Cured Olives. (Should you like olives).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been there a few times. It's pretty hippyish, but only because they really specialize in organic foods... which I try to eat a lot of... oh wait... does refusing to eat preservatives and meat laced with steroids make me a hippy?

Nothing wrong with that but my understanding is that with most foods the non-organic and organic equivalents test exactly the same chemically.  Because there is no measurable difference between the two foods it was hard for the government to figure out how to label "organic" food.  Someone could profit a lot by calling their non-organic produce or meat organic.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did not read through all replies, but if they have yet to be mentioned:  Moroccan Oil Cured Olives. (Should you like olives).

I like their all one variety of apples juice...

I got my fearless flyer today .....they have the all gala apples apple juice in stock....for a good price too

I hope they get the fuji in soon

SOmeone mentioned the organic thing...I dont shop there for that.  They have pretty good prices on alot of things....including cheeses.  And variety on somethings is better then the stores.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
There is one in Dublin, Ohio; in the strip mall at 161 and Sawmill.

Larry
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
wasabi peanuts
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just don't ever go in when you're hungry and got the nibbles.  The concensus is that got all kinds of neat things for all tastes.

When the boys aren't in and it's one of my cooking nights I've been known to make a seafood pasta with their frozen seafood blends.  Plain  - shrimp or scallops or calamarie.  Moderate - shrimp and calamarie and scallops.  Wild - shrimp and rock shrimp and  langousta and cuddlefish and calamarie and mussels and clams.

Saute with  olive oil, garlic, and a little parsley or finely chopped green onion tops, and a little crushed red pepper.  linguine or pasta al dente, grated parmesan
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Screw you newbies.

I shopped at Trader Joe's when they were called "Pronto Market." I think one of the early stores was in West Covina.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There is one in Dublin, Ohio; in the strip mall at 161 and Sawmill.

Larry

I am pretty sure that is not correct.  The store at 161 and Sawmill is Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes is over on the back side of Easton Market.  By the way Wild Oats is over on Lane Ave. at the newly remodled Lane Ave. Shopping Center (not The Lennox Centre).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top