Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:55:25 PM EDT
No reason, I just felt like taking photos.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish Colt still made revolvers!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
For a 42 year old revolver, it looks like its new.  Nice gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Classy wheelgun.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
That's because I bought it NIB 6 mos ago. It has all papers, warranty card, and even the wax paper wrapper!

I shot it three days later, and then that night saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin". True story!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice. You need a fedora and a pack of Lucky Strikes in that picture.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got its big brother, a 4” Police Positive Special. Colt. It looks just  like yours except for the longer barrel. I wish Colt still made them.

They are nice small six shot .38 revolvers. They are much easier to conceal than a K framed Smith and have one extra shot than the J frame. Plus their small size makes them easy for women to handle.

Mine, like yours, still looks new. It’s not something I would want to carry just because I want to keep it in as good a shape as possible. After all they aren’t being made anymore and who knows if they ever will be again.

While writing this I went to the gun safe and took it out to look at it. I think it’s begging me to take it out and shoot it some… A box or two of standard pressure .38s won’t hurt it one bit. Guess I need to head to the range on Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I was considering carrying it. I think a nice soft holster or bellyband might protect it during infrequent excursions.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I’ve got its big brother, a 4” Police Positive Special. Colt. It looks just  like yours except for the longer barrel. I wish Colt still made them.Amen!

They are nice small six shot .38 revolvers. They are much easier to conceal than a K framed Smith and have one extra shot than the J frame. Plus their small size makes them easy for women to handle.

Mine, like yours, still looks new. It’s not something I would want to carry just because I want to keep it in as good a shape as possible. After all they aren’t being made anymore and who knows if they ever will be again.Not likely, but even  if they do, look what they did to the Dick Special in the 90's!  Unless they come from the Colt Custom Shop, Colt revovlers are gone forever.

While writing this I went to the gun safe and took it out to look at it. I think it’s begging me to take it out and shoot it some… A box or two of standard pressure .38s won’t hurt it one bit. Guess I need to head to the range on Saturday.Why yes, yes you do!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad that I bought my Colt D frames, a 6" Diamondback in 38spl and 22LR way back in 1985.  Back then the Diamondback 22LR was the most expensive 22LR I ever bought. The SS Colt Python was the most expensive revovler that I bought, wife wasn't exactly over joyed, but again I can sell for at least what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#11]
BTT for days
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#12]
That first picture looks like it belongs to some 60's mafia "Kingpin"...very nice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice looking revolver.

Ah, for the days when Colt made good revolvers....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top