Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 4:32:02 PM EDT by Dusty_C]
cross posted from the SF. Links incoming.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=435392
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/capitol_evacuation;_ylt=Ak4wQ6YelZ0HKBSsnwE.UOGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

WASHINGTON - A Capitol office building was evacuated Wednesday night on a hazardous substance alert after police discovered a suspicious powder in its attic, authorities said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Homeland Security Department was investigating, but a senior counterterror official said it did not immediately appear to be an emergency.

Hazardous material teams and firefighters were dispatched to the Senate Russell Office Building after a sensor tested positive for a dangerous substance, the counterterror official said. A second test proved negative, and officials were conducting a third test in the evening for more conclusive results.

However, the official said the tests were a precautionary measure.

It was unclear what potential substances were detected, but the official said there was no indication of a nerve agent. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the investigation was continuing.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:27 PM EDT
we know
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:57 PM EDT
I get my news here first.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:34:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HarrySacz:
I get my news here first.

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:40:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
Hazardous material teams and firefighters were dispatched to the Senate Russell Office Building after a sensor tested positive for a dangerous substance...

They found pieces of Ted Kennedy's liver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:45:13 PM EDT

It's probably a box of wig powder from the olden days.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:48:21 PM EDT
tag
Top Top