Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 12:01:04 PM EDT

I post this to hopefully spark some discussion and awareness, and to result in some action.  

I am a faculty moderator for our “Outdoors club” which participates in Youth skeet and trap league (from 5yr to 18yrs).    I am doing my best to provide access and supervision for students (in this case young men) to be safe and have fun shooting skeet through a local area wide youth league.  I am a firm believer in supporting Youth Shooting sports, and dedicate a handful of my short supply of time to provide support.  I have the unique opportunity to enjoy shooting and firearms with my students in a safe setting, an opportunity that most schools around me are unable to share.  YES that is right, a TEACHER supporting and providing a gun friendly program for students.  Therefore I have a vested interest in helping to bring any awareness and support that I can to this program.  

Our “sporting park” has gone out of its way and bent over backwards to help and support and develop a younger generation of shooters and sports men.  They have been providing instruction and mentoring for free and providing shot and clays for cheap.  The problem lies in funding.  There are some basic needs that this league had that can easily be solved with some help.  The “owner” of this park has had to front a large percentage of the cost (taking range time from paying customers, teaching the students, buying guns for the participants to use ect.)  The owner has had to GO OUT SIDE the shooting industry to get support for this program.  A car dealership has had to provide monetary support.  I know there are people out there who can help our kids and help develop a younger generation of shooters and sportsmen who are active participants in our 2nd amendment sports, and will have a personal interest in protecting those rights and sports.  

Our shooters are in need of an array of things.  About 25 simple shotgun vests or hip pouches for shells would be used extensively year round for youth league.  Quality shooting glasses and eye protection (25) in clear or yellow would be greatly beneficial, as the participants shoot from dusk into dark (5-7:30 pm here).  Hearing protection would be greatly appreciated as well.  The kids are using plugs, and either boxes of plugs or individual hearing protection would be well used.  If those things seem to simple or basic, the participants would benefit from “donations” of clays to slash the cost of shooting, “donations” of shot shells no larger than 7 1/2 in both 12 and 20ga would also cut cost.  I don’t think anyone would be turned down if they wanted to “sponsor” shooters or contribute for trophies (plaques, trophies, certificates, prizes so on) or even for “scholarship” support.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am not employed by or related to the shooting park, but have the same interest that you do in seeing this program blossom into something that more kids can participate in.

Below you will find the contact information for the sponsor of this shooting league and information for the shooting park.  Any help or support would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks
MOS2111

Youth shooting program information

Contact information for Shooting Park

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I would place something in the industry area, but dont know where to start begging.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top