Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:57:02 AM EDT
FEMA was supposed to cut off payments for hotels, etc. today for Hurricane Katrina refugees.  Who here can we put down for opening up their home to take in some of the poor folks who have been evicted from their only place to stay??  Sign up now.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#1]
screw 'em
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Not no, but hell no.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem is that they have no place to go, there home are unihabitable, and they were promised trailers by FEMA.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Lawdog, you just got reamed out by the staff here.  Wasn't this a clue to stop posting your retarded bullshit?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The problem is that they have no place to go, there home are unihabitable, and they were promised trailers by FEMA.

and we've been paying for them to live in hotels ever since.  I'm thinking they should get over their "grief" and get a freaking job and start over.  sucks? yeah but that's life.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lawdog, you just got reamed out by the staff here.  Wasn't this a clue to stop posting your retarded bullshit?

Since you are not staff, maybe you should mind your own fucking business....

And No, If they have not found a place on their own by now...Tell them to buy a tent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If I remember what I read all that these poor folks had to do was to ask for an extension, which 20,000 have done and been approved.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
The real problem is that these people were barely functional to begin with. They were the ones living off welfare and not working to begin with.  So do they really think these people would do anything but sit on their asses and live off the government?

The go getters have gotten jobs and moved on.  These losers will still be losers next year as long as we enable them to be lazy and not work.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
screw 'em

Polite enough way to put it.... Six months or so of sucking up Gov't $$ (from our pockets, ultimately),
living in a hotel, etc.... WTF have they been doing in the meantime to straighten themselves out.

Might sound like a heartless bastage to some by saying that, but I brought myself back up from the
depths of just about a similar situation a dozen or so years back, so they can't tell me that it cannot
be done.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The real problem is that these people were barely functional to begin with. They were the ones living off welfare and not working to begin with.  So do they really think these people would do anything but sit on their asses and live off the government?

The go getters have gotten jobs and moved on.  These losers will still be losers next year as long as we enable them to be lazy and not work.

I say put them back in  the Dome, they can clean it up, and sleep there till they get the boot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll take "no fucking way" for $500 Alex.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a ice shack they can live in. I won't tell when it starts to thaw.
They don't call them African Rockfish for nothing
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'll take "no fucking way" for $500 Alex.

"it's the DAILY DOUBLE!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Wasn't this a clue to stop posting your retarded bullshit?

Flak, this a serious social problem and, I believe most here would agree, is far from "retarded b...shit".  If you can't help just say so.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder how many of them are still in Dallas with the tit fixin' to run dry.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Flak, this a serious social problem and, I believe most here would agree, is far from "retarded b...shit".  If you can't help just say so.

lawdog

What I want to know is whose troll account this is.  For 5 years there were less then 400 posts then a recent flurry of posts.  Kind of interesting if you ask me.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Not me
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#20]
What I want to know is whose troll account this is

Sarge says: Mind your own business.

Sarg (I mean, Lawdog)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Not that I give a shit about most of these people, but there was something on Fox News about the several hundred trailers provided by FEMA for these people that are sitting on a giant lot (paying for the storage space of course) unused because the local governments hadnt requested them, or made arraingments for their location, use, or occupants.  

As for the hotels and the like, why the hell should they in any way be obligated to house these people - whether or not they're being paid by FEMA?

-K
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Homeless shelter this way ------->

<----- Burger King and rent an apartment this way

Get a fucking job and become productive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

lawdog

Your question SHOULD be: "How many here want to financialy support a bunch of folks they don't even know,forever,who have never done anything but live off everybody (by government handouts and larceny) else and reproduce only more copies of themselves."

Now..........isn't that a bit more factual?    
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
FEMA was supposed to cut off payments for hotels, etc. today for Hurricane Katrina refugees.  Who here can we put down for opening up their home to take in some of the poor folks who have been evicted from their only place to stay??  Sign up now.

lawdog

FEMA said they were going to stop paying for hotel rooms months ago and 3 months ago offered to get anyone still in a hotel alternative lodging if they wanted it… FEMA trailers, housing in other cities, ect.

So FEMA is not kicking no one out on the street anyone without a place to live now made a choice… anyone that wanted another place to live could have had it by now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#26]
It will be about 87 more minutes before Jessie Jackson cries racism.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Many of them were offered spots to stay in Minnesota, but the majority of them said "no fricken way, it's too cold!".  Seriously, there are like 3 refugees in the state.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#28]
for 300 bucks a month they can put up a tent in the back yard.

call me sympathetic
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
If she's hot, willing to work 10 cents an hour, can cook, clean, and will put out.  I'll take three nay four of them.  Three can share in the duties of cleaning my crib while I bone the fourth.

And they must pass a health inspection.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lawdog

FEMA said they were going to stop paying for hotel rooms months ago and 3 months ago offered to get anyone still in a hotel alternative lodging if they wanted it… FEMA trailers, housing in other cities, ect.

So FEMA is not kicking no one out on the street anyone without a place to live now made a choice… anyone that wanted another place to live could have had it by now.

But that doesn't make nearly as gripping of a headline.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If she's hot, willing to work 10 cents an hour, can cook, clean, and will put out.  I'll take three nay four of them.  Three can share in the duties of cleaning my crib while I bone the fourth.

Most I saw would break a scale.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#32]
FEMA can kiss my big harry A..............
They can put trash into hotels give them money and hold their hands. But when a Tornado hit my area and damaged my home, we did not ask for those things just a little help putting things back together and getting on with life. What did the wonderful folks at FEMA do, handed me a stack of material to read, told me I make too much money, and since I have insurance no help is availible for me.
Now we just had a Tornado, my roof is damaged, I am missing windows, I have cornstalks sticking into the Alum. siding. Do I have time to read the stack of outdated bullshit you gave me! Hell I cpould not get a chainsaw from the pukes, It took us three weeks just to clear the trees for the yard.
As to the scum sitting on their asses in the hotels kick them out on their ass.

R%ANT vRANT RANT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Since you are not staff, maybe you should mind your own fucking business....

Maaaaaaan! but I don't wanna!

But I shall digress.  Getting upset with lawdog over his assinine posts won't help matters.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most I saw would break a scale.

I can wait till the right 4 come along.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Not that I give a shit about most of these people, but there was something on Fox News about the several hundred trailers provided by FEMA for these people that are sitting on a giant lot (paying for the storage space of course) unused because the local governments hadnt requested them, or made arraingments for their location, use, or occupants.  

As for the hotels and the like, why the hell should they in any way be obligated to house these people - whether or not they're being paid by FEMA?

-K

Just like the buses for NO right? Interesting...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and we've been paying for them to live in hotels ever since.  I'm thinking they should get over their "grief" and get a freaking job and start over.  sucks? yeah but that's life.

What is this 'job' you speak of?  

Can I make hamburgers out of it!?!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I am sure there are lots of jobs in the construction industry down there right about now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Funny thing about the FEMA complaints.  When Katrina hit Mobile (AL) Uncle Sugar came in and reimbursed everyone the cost of the generators we had to buy.  I mean, they bought us generators.  Now me, I had a Honda generator already and didn't get any money, but if I went out and bought one (and didn't need it) FEMA would have reimbursed me the cost.

I guess I'm just too responsible, honorable, truthful and honest to take advantage of the tax payers (pats self on back).

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

They gonna need different trailers big nuff fo the big screen tv and new couch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Lawdog is

He has just been a misguided soul who has finally seen the light (and the wrath of the BeeKeeper)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Many of them were offered spots to stay in Minnesota, but the majority of them said "no fricken way, it's too cold!".  Seriously, there are like 3 refugees in the state.

If they work they'll stay warm
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, the lazy shits were told they could continue to stay if they filed for an extension several weeks ago.  The ones who did not, fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Not many wanted to come here, but the 40 or 50 that did come to the immediate area have settled in fine most are working and it looks like most will be staying.

ETA: Have said that if... in the winter I owned Hell and MN I would live in Hell and rent MN.

I think I stole that…
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#47]
One side of me says kick them to the curb, the other says shit help them out they are fellow americans and we spend billions helping feed cloth shelter foreign people after they have natural disastors. I say we cut some foreign add help these people out with a program that actually helps them with permanent housing,not this throw money away hotel crap and make them pay a small pprtion of the rent, like section 8 housing. And if they can't make an effort to do that, they hit the street.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

They can go baqk to public housing.  Even if they worked at McDs at minimun wage they could have saved alot of money living in a hotel rent free.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

That is not the problem the problem is they do not want to go where FEMA has the assets to house them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top