Posted: 2/8/2006 10:12:32 AM EDT
i just ordered an FN 40S&W hi power.

think i should get the 9mm instead?

i'm in a state of indecision

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:13:31 AM EDT
9mm mags are cheaper. both are good pistols
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:31:21 AM EDT
should have got the 9mm instead, thats the original caliber

when I buy a gun i always choose the caliber it was originally intended to shoot

like a M1911 in .45 acp

AK 7.62

12 gauge riot guns

I like to stick with original calibers
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:38:34 AM EDT
I had a Browning Hi Power in .40 caliber. I sold it recently. After about 1,000 rounds I never had a FTF or FTE. I'm not a professional pistolero, just a plinker, but I found the gun to be relatively inaccurate compared to my other pistols. The gun is also very tight, in that I found it rather difficult to pull back the slide due to the stiffer slide spring inherent in the .40 caliber design when contrast to my other automatics or the Browning 9MM HP counterpart.

However, I did love the way the gun fit my hand. No other handgun holds well in my paws better than the Browning Hi Power. Plus, you don't have the warning scrolls or ridiculous keyed safety locks many other gun models currently maintain.

I also didn't like magazine safety, but I understand that can easily be removed. If you do get the Hi Power, I would probably recommend the original 9MM. But whatever caliber you choose, get some rubber grips for it. It will look and feel better when you hold and fire it.
Top Top