Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 9:09:23 AM EDT

VICTORVILLE -- Teams of elite military forces have descended on Victorville for a week of nighttime urban warfare training around the city.

I posted the complete story in the ARFCOM's Calif Home town forum:
Navy SEALs train in Victorville, CA for nighttime urban warfare training

I grew up in the Barstow/Victorville area.

This area of the Mojave Desert called the High Desert and is a beehive of military activity.  Victorville, CA is a town about 100 miles n. or Los Angeles, about 35 miles further north is the US Army's Ft Irwin NTC(National Training Center), and in the same vacinity is the giant Marine Corp Supply Depot.  Edwards AFB is just 70 miles west.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Alex Jones will be all over this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Alex Jones will be all over this.

[hijack] Do you think that Alex Jones is still preaching fear of FEMA after their Katrina performance? [/hijack]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#3]
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. M-16 AND "RIFLE" MADE IT IN THE SAME SENTENCE IN THE MEDIA WITHOUT THE WORD "ASSAULT"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
this happened here in Pa back in 99. 'cept it was Army

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/military/1999/msg00154.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
this happened here in Pa back in 99. 'cept it was Army

www.cpeo.org/lists/military/1999/msg00154.html

Made it hot for you.

But these are real, bigger than life Navy SEALs.

Haven't you seen the movie 1990 move Navy Seals starring our anti-gun Charlie Sheen?(this is a BS movie, but I just thought to throw it in for laughs and giggles.)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Elite super secret SEALs post press release for training exercise.

[Alex Jones] It's to lull you to sleep while the military practices putting the populous of a US city in the secret prisons under the Austin Airport [/] Alex Jones
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Elite super secret SEALs post press release for training exercise.

The video will be on Discovery later this year.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
They're preparing for the invasion of Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]

[cough] IRAN [/cough]

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmm....

I thought Victorville sounded familiar.....thats where we flew in when we went to NTC.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I am suprised the country of Kalifornia would allow a foreign military force to train on their soverign soil.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmm....

I thought Victorville sounded familiar.....thats where we flew in when we went to NTC.

George AFB was in Victorville, before it was closed in the last round of base closings.

BTW: The US Army is expanding the NTC, but the problem is that the enviromental people want the Army to protect some kind of endangered insect on the base, but the Army is trying to accomodate.  The expansion will increase the size 25%.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I take issue with the notion that Victorville is a city.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Was there a bunch of fat dudes runnin' around with SKS's and beef jerky and "Kill 'em all, let god sort 'em out" T-shirts?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top