Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 6:38:07 AM EDT

ATF Responds to Church Fires

This is just another stunt trying to justify the existance of the ATF.  

Shok
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, they do more than ATF, they also do E, which is my guess on why they're investigating.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
ATF is a tax agency. churches are tyax exempt.

ATF is a federal agency.  Church arsons may be violations of federal civil rights laws.

ATF is in charge of explosives.firebombings are possible"explosives"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
ATF does a lot of arson work and runs some of the best asrson schools around (so I've been told)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
<this is too easy>

first hand experience burning churches?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<this is too easy>

That was the FBI.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<this is too easy>

That was the FBI.

and so was the atf they started the fbi finished.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ATF does a lot of arson work and runs some of the best asrson schools around (so I've been told)

The ATF has resources that no Podunk FD or PD can bring to a scene.  Even in bigger cities the ATF will be called in to assist in any large dollar loss fires.

They aren't always out to get us.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<this is too easy>

That was the FBI.

The ATF was long out of the picture by the time the FBI burned out the Davidians.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<this is too easy>

That was the FBI.

The ATF was long out of the picture by the time the FBI burned out the Davidians.

ATF was still there, it was a joint operation.  And the highlighted was my first thuoght as well.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Molotov Cocktail= Destructive Device. ATF has the mission to investigate the use in a crime of an NFA weapon.

Boot the BATF!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#11]
They are/were very good at arson and postblast investigations. Much better than the FBI or any local agency in the country IMO.

THIS JUST IN.

The BATF(E) has only been doing this for about 20-30 years. Glad you finally noticed.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#12]
ATF runs some very good arson investigation schools.  They have done these types of investigations for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#13]

ATF = Alcohol, Tobacco and Fire
Arms        
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They are/were very good at arson and postblast investigations. Much better than the FBI or any local agency in the country IMO.

THIS JUST IN.

The BATF(E) has only been doing this for about 20-30 years. Glad you finally noticed.

My experience has been that the arson and licensing folks are ok but the enforcement guys are dicks.

BTW if you are undercover try not having a crewcut and an untucked loose shirt while standing next to another guy dressed the same way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS JUST IN.

My experience has been that the arson and licensing folks are ok but the enforcement guys are dicks.

BTW if you are undercover try not having a crewcut and an untucked loose shirt while standing next to another guy dressed the same way.

Hell all our Florida members dress that way all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top