BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:52:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy bottled water when I'm gonna be out where I'll need water and have no access because I'm too lazy to think ahead and fill a bottle at home....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry.....

You want to drink Iraqi water from the tap?  Be my guest.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
No, I'm not a sheeple at all, thank you very much.

I drink bottled water, because it's not loaded with all that flouridated crap.  

A little over a year ago, I stopped using anything that had flouride in it.  After several months of being flouride free, my gums were no longer inflamed, I didn't bleed when I brushed my teeth, and the pockets around my teeth tightened up considerably.  

I hadn't seen my hygieniest in 9 months, due to having seen a periodontist during that time, and she was amazed.  I used to have to rinse multiple times so she could clean my teeth, from all the blood.  When I went back to her after those 9 months, I only had to spit once, at the end.  

That, and it now takes her less time to clean my teeth, because I no longer have as much plaque build up.  

As with any product, it's always good to read the label.  If it's purified water, why bother?  I always make sure that mine is spring water, and fairly local.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually I just refill the same water bottle a few dozen times, until it gets beat up and crappy.

Until I read that.  They cite the Earth Policy Institute and the United Nations!  If they say that tap water is just as good for you, the shit has to be poison!  Those lying sons of bitches can't tell the truth about what they ate for lunch, let alone anything that is imortant.  I'm drinking only bottled water from now on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#5]
For most Americans bottled water is a want, not a need.  Its a convenience item and with our large, disposable income  becomes readily available in stores.  To many its a difference between drinking pop or something else.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:05:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I only drink vodka

TXL
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Sure, go ahead, drink tapwater from any 3rd world country. Travellers have become very sick from simply brushing their teeth with tapwater in India. (Happend to my friend).
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I am in China right now. Only bottled water this week for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A little over a year ago, I stopped using anything that had flouride in it.  After several months of being flouride free, my gums were no longer inflamed, I didn't bleed when I brushed my teeth, and the pockets around my teeth tightened up considerably.  

I hadn't seen my hygieniest in 9 months, due to having seen a periodontist during that time, and she was amazed.  I used to have to rinse multiple times so she could clean my teeth, from all the blood.  When I went back to her after those 9 months, I only had to spit once, at the end.  

That, and it now takes her less time to clean my teeth, because I no longer have as much plaque build up.  

As with any product, it's always good to read the label.  If it's purified water, why bother?  I always make sure that mine is spring water, and fairly local.  

Just be SURE it's spring water - as you say you get local, so you MAY have a way of finding out..  Most of the stuff is just filtered, no better than if you took tap water and put it through a decent two or three stage filter.  I remember, many years ago, when Great Bear was "spring water" and said so on the bottle.  It was bottled in Ridgefield, NJ at the time, and I lived in the next town.  They got caught just filling the bottle from local tap water (which, to be fair, was pretty good at the time) with just the most rudimentary filtering.  You will notice that Great Bear no longer says "Spring Water" on the bottles.  However, it never was a big item in the national media, I only knew about it because the bust was in the local paper.

I agree with the other posters who say take the bottled with you when traveling.  My wife is on medication which makes her very thirsty, and she (nor I) don't want to drink out of fountains with all the crap  on the nozzle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Indesputable facts:

1. Not every locality everywhere has a good clean and safe source of water flowing from the tap.
2. There are places where you are hard pressed to find a tap.
3. Even water that is clean and safe to drink can taste like sh*t

I keep bottled water at work because it tastes better than the stuff from the water fountan. And it is a hell of a lot more sanitary.

I use filtration systems at home because without them the water tastes bad. With them, the water tastes wonderful. In fact, my home filtration systems are so good that the water at home tastes better than EVERY brand of bottled water I have ever tried, except for a brand called Fiji.

Most bottled water ISN'T really any cleaner or better than what you can get at home with a good filtration system.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I took a tactical course in june in Cali laster year where we were running all over the place
the the mountains right east of Azusa.  I fwas full tanked up before I left the hotel and, had a 2 gallon Camelback with me, along with two soda bottles filled with water from the hotel, then, proceeded to frolic in the 110 degree heat for 10 hours, running and shooting.

By the end of the day, was was so dehydrated I was dizzy and, ready to hurl.  I stopped at the first store I came to and got a bottle of coled water.  Probably the best baottle of water I ever tasted.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#12]
baa baa  (sheeple here)

Last time I was in the woods I couldn't find the water fountain...glad I had some water with me.
We generally buy what we consider the better water (Aquafina) but leave the Evian crap alone (who wants to support France and spelled backwards we would be Naive)

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:21:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Evian spelled backwards is naive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:22:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You are a FOOL if you drink bottled water !  

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than
to open it and remove any doubt"  unknown
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw someone drinking what looked like water, in a bottle called "Mt. Fiji" or something like that. I asked them what it was. They said "IT'S VOLCANIC WATER FROM FIJI". I looked on the bottle and sure enough it's from Fiji.

HOLY F****** SHITE THEY SHIP BOTTLES OF WATER ACROSS A VAST OCEAN WASTING UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF RESOURCES SO YOU CAN DRINK WATER FROM FIJI INSTEAD OF WATER FROM THE TAP?!??!?!?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
news.yahoo.com/s/oneworld/20060204/wl_oneworld/45361268291139089785
What a bunch of sheeple !

Never been to Mexico (or practically anywhere else), huh?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I work overseas in Africa. You are a bigger fool if you don't drink bottled water.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#19]
not just that, but home filtered water also filters out floride , leading to bad teeth....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Actually, it is more of a political article.

Rough translation.....
"If you stupid Americans wouldn't waste so much with your evil capatilism, we saints at the United Nations could make the world a better place and we could all hold hands and sing coom-by-ahh while watching bareback mountain...."

From the article...

Consumers spend a collective $100 billion every year on bottled water in the belief--often mistaken, as it happens--that this is better for us than what flows from our taps, according to environmental think tank the Earth Policy Institute (EPI).

For a fraction of that sum, everyone on the planet could have safe drinking water and proper sanitation, the Washington, D.C.-based organization said this week.

Members of the     United Nations have agreed to halve the proportion of people who lack reliable and lasting access to safe drinking water by the year 2015.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
baa baa  (sheeple here)

Last time I was in the woods I couldn't find the water fountain...glad I had some water with me.
We generally buy what we consider the better water (Aquafina) but leave the Evian crap alone (who wants to support France and spelled backwards we would be Naive)

Tehehe....

I dunno about all Aquafina but I know some Aquafina is made in Wichita, KS....taken directly from the river.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:36:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Indesputable facts:

1. Not every locality everywhere has a good clean and safe source of water flowing from the tap.

I keep bottled water at work because it tastes better than the stuff from the water fountan. And it is a hell of a lot more sanitary.

I use filtration systems at home because without them the water tastes bad. With them, the water tastes wonderful. In fact, my home filtration systems are so good that the water at home tastes better than EVERY brand of bottled water I have ever tried, except for a brand called Fiji.

Most bottled water ISN'T really any cleaner or better than what you can get at home with a good filtration system.

Precisely my take on it. I don't drink soda anymore so if I'm out, it's bottled water and if I'm home it's filtered water.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I buy bulk bottled water because if a water main ever broke, or the city supply was contaminated, I wouldn't have to rush out with the other sheeple to buy.......... bottled water, when it was in high demand. I can at least have about 1 week - 2 week supply of water when properly rationed. Worst case is only a few days supply, but I can have enough to bug out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You are a FOOL if you drink bottled water !  

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than
to open it and remove any doubt"  unknown

Amen,  'ey, pointtarget! Why don't you move to Apache Junction, Arizona and take a nice big drink of their tap water?  Then we'll see who be da foo'.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Bottled water tastes flat to me. I prefer the floride/chlorine goodness of straight tap water. I only drink bottled water if I'm camping or travelling.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I try and keep 4-5 cases of Costco Kirkland brand 1/2 liter bottles around for emergencies.  Costs about $0.11 per bottle and it's a pretty handy size.

My empties go in the recycle bin. what's the problem?

Why would a water bottle be any different than Pepsi or Gatoraide?  There sure seems to be a lot more of that sold than water.

Isn't bottled water a great way to distribute it during emergency outages like Katrina?

It's not totally useless and indulgent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Penn & Teller did a hillarious bottled water bit on "Bullshit". They filled a bunch of water bottles with LA County water out of a garden hose, and had presented each bottle as if it were a unique brand. The sheeple thought they tasted better. Even funnier, the "expensive" ones tasted better than the "cheap" ones.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm sure not drinking that sulpherous crap out of the tap in Yuba City, CA.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:21:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Originally posted in the artice:
For a fraction of that sum, everyone on the planet could have safe drinking water and proper sanitation, the Washington, D.C.-based organization said this week.

Propaganda

ETA: Let's see: I'm 10 miles off shore in my boat. Open the cooler and ??? No water??? Trouble.

Better to drink water than soda.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm sure not drinking that sulpherous crap out of the tap in Yuba City, CA.

Try East Chicago, IN

I turned on the shower, and, smelled somthing awful in the hotel room.

Turned out it was the shower.

Four of the longest months of my life, includeing Kuwait.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
baa baa  (sheeple here)

Tehehe....

I dunno about all Aquafina but I know some Aquafina is made in Wichita, KS....taken directly from the river.

Better NOT be from the river.  My father in law won't even eat the fish he catches in the Arkansas river.  During the River Festival, frolickers are advised to stay OUT of the water, and the participants in the bathtub boat race have to sign a waiver in case they ingest some and get sick.

It probably comes from Cheney Reservoir

Nope, from the river.

Of course, it's "filtered" and "cleaned up" but it's still taken directly from the river.

The only time we EVER used the tap water whe I was at Wichita State, was for ramen noodles and it was boiled.
When we first moved in, the water stunk of holy high hell and was brown for a week.  We were like:
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#34]

We were like:

That's exactly what I looked like turning on the shower in East Chicago, IN.  (Gary)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Actually, it is more of a political article.

Rough translation.....
"If you stupid Americans wouldn't waste so much with your evil capatilism, we saints at the United Nations could make the world a better place and we could all hold hands and sing coom-by-ahh while watching bareback mountain...."

From the article...

Consumers spend a collective $100 billion every year on bottled water in the belief--often mistaken, as it happens--that this is better for us than what flows from our taps, according to environmental think tank the Earth Policy Institute (EPI).

Members of the     United Nations have agreed to halve the proportion of people who lack reliable and lasting access to safe drinking water by the year 2015.

That's how I read the article.

My own translation:  You evil greedy Americans need to spend more of your hard-EARNED money supporting other people instead of buying things you want.

Fuck the third world.  Somebody has to die somewhere, let it be them.  If they didn't breed like cockroaches and outstrip there own resources famine and pandemic wouldn't be problems.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Do you deny women your essence too?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#37]
The city water here tastes awful.  I buy the bottled water at Wal Mart that is about 50 cents a gallon.  It's a taste preference.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I saw someone drinking what looked like water, in a bottle called "Mt. Fiji" or something like that. I asked them what it was. They said "IT'S VOLCANIC WATER FROM FIJI". I looked on the bottle and sure enough it's from Fiji.

HOLY F****** SHITE THEY SHIP BOTTLES OF WATER ACROSS A VAST OCEAN WASTING UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF RESOURCES SO YOU CAN DRINK WATER FROM FIJI INSTEAD OF WATER FROM THE TAP?!??!?!?

Actually, FIJI is very good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Indesputable facts:

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#40]

From the article...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consumers The UN spends a collective $100 billion  (how much? I don't have the figures but I'm sure it is a huge amountevery year on bottled water corruption in the belief--often mistaken, as it happens--that this is better for us them than what flows from our taps, according to environmental think tank the Earth Policy Institute (EPI). than what they purport to be doing - i.e., helping poor people

Members of the United Nations have agreed to halve double the proportion of people who lack reliable and lasting access to safe drinking water fall for their bull$h1t by the year 2015.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, the only reason I don't drink bottles water is because the water here is still so pure they don't have to filter it or add anything to it. When I visit relatives in other areas I do drink bottles water because I can't stand all the chlorine in it.

NMSight

ETA: [thread hijack] Hey! Someone made me a Team Member! If I ever find out who did it I'll have to get even sometime . Whoever you are, you certainly didn't need to do this but thank you!  [/thread hijack]

Unless of course it was a mistake, in which case later I will revert to my usually anonymous self .
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I only drink vodka

TXL

Grain alcohol and rainwater for me, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, FIJI is very good.

I second that.  It may be pricey, but it's damned good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#45]
I only buy bottled water for two reasons:

1) I can't find where my family hid my canteens this week and I'm gonna need water

2) It's going in the hidey-hole for SHTF.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#46]
The United Nations kills thousands of children every day.  Do I really want their advice on drinking water?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
not just that, but home filtered water also filters out floride , leading to bad teeth....

What is this anyway and why do they add it to the water?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#49]

" . . . Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face. "
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Buy yourself a water filter for your home and save some cash.  Those companies do the exact same thing, often straight from the same tap that your sink gets.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top