Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 3:20:37 AM EDT
My backyard is essentially a swamp (what part of MI isn't...) slash tundra in the winter and I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have some R/C toys to play with? When I grew up, I had 1 R/C hovercraft that was a BLAST to use but I didn't have any water to use it on (ground/rough terrain slows it down). Now I have my own pond in the back (well, just flooded lawn ) and no R/C stuff to use.

Any suggestions on a good R/C tank or other military R/C vehicle?
I'd prefer electric (don't want to mess with gas engines). I can swap in NiMH batteries for extra runtime (cheap) in the battery packs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking for a link to something I saw.
Stay tuned....
Here's one
My R&D Team next door get all drooly when they talk about this site too. Images didn't come up for me, but take a look here
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Try Marui airsoft tanks
I've had a play with the Leopard and it is great!
Link here.
I'm sure that is it sold cheaper elsewhere though.
The turret moves almost a whole circle and the barrel moves up and down.
Not sure how it would do in snow or water though.

Just resist the urge to take it apart
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Are any of these waterproof?

My "pond" is about 6" deep and its understandable that I shouldn't submerge these things .
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Check these out.  
www.armortek.co.uk/

These are cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top