Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 9:47:19 PM EDT
Tried a place nearbye and it was decent.. so im finally happy I have a close by pho joint!

How do you like yours?

I like mine i with:
-rare steak
-well done briscut
-tendon
-tripe
-squeeze of lime, some sprouts
-shot of hoisin

sometimes sriracha sauce(aka rooster sauce, aka cock sauce) adds a lil spice.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:54:44 PM EDT
yea but do they have to put cilantro in everything!! I live with 10 places with in five min of me so I eat alot of diff things from them, no dog or cat and no fucking cilantro!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:56:00 PM EDT
You know that thats not beef right?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:58:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yobo:

yeah there is ox tail in it too.

When i make it myself, i use real ox tail
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:10:55 PM EDT
I take mine the same w/o tendon or tripe. This is THE hangover helper IMO.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:28:56 PM EDT
to be honest with you try putting Nuc Mam sauce in it.....IT ROCKS!!!!!! I shocked the hell out of my friends Vietnamese mother when I asked for a second bowl of Pho.

Her jaw hit the ground along with the waitress'. They both said they've never seen someone order a second bowl. I told em "Well you've never seen someone that could eat like me!"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 10:37:25 PM EDT by MuRDoC]

Originally Posted By freeride21a:

you do know an ox is a bovine(cow) right, it's the correct name for a single bovine, a bull is a male ox and a cow is a femal ox, it's beef >> CLICK LINK << (but you most likely ate cat at the pho place)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:39:48 PM EDT

Theres something about the slime on ox-tail
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:44:18 PM EDT
Good idea, I'm going write a letter to Campbell's soup company to see if they can come up with a canned version of this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:46:01 PM EDT
surpised that no one's posted this yet in the thread:

Wok The Fuck
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:46:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MuRDoC:

you do know an ox is a bovine(cow) right, it's the correct name for a single bovine, a bull is a male ox and a cow is a femal ox, it's beef >> CLICK LINK << (but you most likely ate cat at the pho place)

no, didnt know that.. cool. I must say, the tail does add a LOT of flavor to the broth, the meat is also richer flavored imho.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:49:10 PM EDT
freeride21a: The tail is mostly bone, I think that is responsible for the flavor.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:53:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
freeride21a: The tail is mostly bone, I think that is responsible for the flavor.

yeah, i agree.. marrow. but as a muscle the little meat on there is used A LOT.. aka dark meat aka more flavor in my book
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:16:33 PM EDT
pho is yummy, of course I get home cooked pho all the time so I'm spoiled...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:20:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cduarte:
pho is yummy, of course I get home cooked pho all the time so I'm spoiled...

punk.. ima coming over for dinner!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:49:45 AM EDT
I must try this 'pho' concotion some time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:26:05 AM EDT
The first time I tried Pho was when my vietnamese co-worker brought me some her mom made. Delicious!!

I've tried it a time or two in restaurants and it just ain't the same.

Now there is a little place in Tulsa called Ri' Le' that serves Deluxe Bun Chao Giao (sp??) and THAT is about the best thing I've ever had in my life!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:53:33 AM EDT
mmm, love pho and chia gio (spring rolls so light and tasty they make chinee egg rolls taste like a huge steaming turd probably tastes).
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:03:05 PM EDT
I like my pho with heavy crushed red peppers, lots of cock sauce and pleny of cilantro.

tastyyyyyyyy
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:06:19 PM EDT
i make it about once a month. as a matter of fact, i have a pot sitting in the fridge right now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:16:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

Well go sometime.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:45:01 PM EDT
There's a nice Pho place at Imperial & Arovista, and they reopened the Manasero Farms stand on the north side . Lot's of nice things since you left town. Temps in the low 80's.

Don't think there's a causal relationship though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:46:00 PM EDT

Fuck...I lost another dog!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:09:30 PM EDT
Freeride, which joint did you go to? My favorite place to go get my shizzle (just look at my username) on is right across the street from Mesa Community College.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:11:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

Well go sometime.

Any cute waitresses with plaid miniskirts there?

Oh, and I finally got a camera phone... we should hit the Kilt again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:09:46 AM EDT
What the pho? I'm going to go get some right now!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:31:00 AM EDT

I like mine i with:
-rare steak
-well done briscut
-tendon
-tripe
-squeeze of lime, some sprouts

Don't forget the basil!

And as for "what the pho?" This Vietnamese used to sit behind me in class and would say that over and over again giggling away. He couldn't get enough of it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:03:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Photai:
Freeride, which joint did you go to? My favorite place to go get my shizzle (just look at my username) on is right across the street from Mesa Community College.

saigon pho.. next to iguana macks. What is the name of the place near mcc? i live right near there(between dobson and alma school on baseline)... and nothing came up on yahoo yellow pages.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:09:28 AM EDT
Add me to the list of Pho lovers! had it a few years ago for the first time on Buford Hwy in Chambodia here in Atlanta. Now there is a place in Woodstock with decent Pho that is not a 70 mile round trip.

Pho me? PHO YOU!!!

I did get some Pho base and rice noodles and just need the fresh fixin's to try it at home.

Anyone have some good recipies?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:16:09 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:12:38 PM EDT

saigon pho.. next to iguana macks. What is the name of the place near mcc? i live right near there(between dobson and alma school on baseline)... and nothing came up on yahoo yellow pages.

Saigon Pho used to be my favorite place. My wife and I started eating there in 96 or 97. But my current favorite for the last few years is Nhat Pho on Southern across from MCC. It is in between the Shirts n Things and the See's Candy stores.

Cyclo on Dobson and Chandler has killer appetizers, but it is spendier than most Viet joints. The place on the NW corner of Extension and Southern is another great place, especially if you like Bun Xao (the shrimp and bean sprout filled crepe). West Mesa and Chandler are havens for good Viet food!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:13:17 AM EDT

Saigon Pho used to be my favorite place. My wife and I started eating there in 96 or 97. But my current favorite for the last few years is Nhat Pho on Southern across from MCC. It is in between the Shirts n Things and the See's Candy stores.

Cyclo on Dobson and Chandler has killer appetizers, but it is spendier than most Viet joints. The place on the NW corner of Extension and Southern is another great place, especially if you like Bun Xao (the shrimp and bean sprout filled crepe). West Mesa and Chandler are havens for good Viet food!

yeah, i was wondering if you were thinking of nhat pho.. ill try that out tomorrow(today). cyclo is too expensive.. im sure its good, but pho is supposed to be good and cheap :-D

I just moved to AZ from so cali, so i had little saigon a few min away. I also had the disticnt pleasure of having a viet gf for 5 years.. that really helped :-D
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:28:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By StarAtari:
I like my pho with heavy crushed red peppers, lots of cock sauce and pleny of cilantro.

tastyyyyyyyy

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:43:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

tastyyyyyyyy

WTF?

Yeah.. I'm really hoping he means the chili sauce that comes in the bottle with a picture of a rooster on the side: Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.

I order my Pho as Tai Nam Gan Sach. Also like Bo Vien (a type of meat ball) to dip in hoisin sauce. Squeeze a lime over the top, plenty of fish sauce. This is how I've enjoyed it for the last 20-some-odd years.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:55:31 AM EDT
I like the cooked sliced beef, tendon, and lots of basil in mine.

Saigon City Restaurant in Redmond, WA makes wonderful pho. The owner is a truly wonderful man who went through a lot, including several years in a "reeducation camp", before making it to the U.S. He's got a good bunch of kids and a very sweet wife, too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:03:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

Wok The Fuck

LOL
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:44:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

Wok The Fuck

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:15 AM EDT
Hmm, havent tried it and for god's sake tell me he meant chili sauce and not man sauce
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:52:52 AM EDT
Pho Tai
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:56:24 AM EDT
I'm a PHO fan too, at home we have PHO almost every weekend.
Here are some photos of this delicious vietnamese dish.

The yellowish thing you see in my bowl is olive oil, you won't find that at restaurants or anywhere else but in my bowl because I like it.
That's because my wife removes all the fat before serving, I replace the fat with the olive oil.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:33:33 AM EDT

tastyyyyyyyy

Heh heh....you said "cock sauce".....heh....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:03:36 AM EDT
I had some in Hawaii, it had a chicken base to it. It was rather good and very light.

I also had some sort of dish that had slivers of cooked meat and this light orange type sacue. It was very thin. I don't remember what the hell it was, but it was good.

I love the International Market place in Waikiki, but Chinatown was cool too.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:15:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 4:15:44 AM EDT by terdferguson]
An Hoa is where I get my pho. Extra large bowl with chicken and crab and some chili sauce, yummee. Ooh, and some spring rolls. I love the sauce they make for those. It's chili sauce, hoisin, and chopped peanuts. I've got explosive diarrhea just thinking about it. I can't wait for my next trip.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:36:57 AM EDT
Here is the "cock sauce" picture you homophobic bastards.....
Top Top