Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:36:32 PM EDT
Ol' Dert Dawber is starting to show her age, so it's time to replace a few body parts before I repaint her. Anyone have an online source of body parts (fenders, hoods, trim, etc.) that they can recommend?

A quick Google search turned up hundreds of suppliers (most with dirt-cheap prices), but none of them give you any clue about what how much they charge for shipping/handling/packing and other 'extras'. A lot of them don't even have a physical address.

Who's good, and who isn't?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:09 PM EDT
are you looking for new, or will good parts pulled from wrecks do?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:58:26 PM EDT
Either new or pulled parts will do.

I've found several sites that will pull up a list of junkyards within X miles of your location that have the part, but their prices are considerably higher than most of the advertised brand-new prices. I realize that in some cases you might be getting a genuine OEM part (rather than a Chinese knock-off) from a junkyard, but still, used is used...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:13:29 PM EDT
What model are you looking for parts for? Car? Truck? Jeep? What?

Find a good mag that specializes in your type of vehicle & look for ads in there, IMO. I found parts for my Toyota 4x4 truck that way. NIB parts, 1/3 the price of the OEM part.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:16:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
What model are you looking for parts for? Car? Truck? Jeep? What?

Find a good mag that specializes in your type of vehicle & look for ads in there, IMO. I found parts for my Toyota 4x4 truck that way. NIB parts, 1/3 the price of the OEM part.

My .o2

What magazine are you referring to, if I may ask? Thanks. I need a few things for the old 89 4runner.

vmax84
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:18:00 PM EDT
Junkyard Dog

Used them several times.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:00:34 PM EDT
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/ Should be a one stop shop. I've delt with them for years, wonderful people, and if your sales guy doesn't know the answer to a question, he'll connect you with somebody there that does.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:58:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vmax84:
What magazine are you referring to, if I may ask? Thanks. I need a few things for the old 89 4runner.

Brown's Toyota is who I used to use. They're known by another name these days.

For a 4Runner, get either a 4WD mag or one of those mini-truck custom rags & look for the ads.

Good luck!
Top Top