Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 5:19:16 AM EDT
Are these people idiots?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
"We will break things and start fires until you stop saying that we are violent!"  

It boggles the mind.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
what's more idiotic is that we're the only ones who notice this. the media sure doesn't point it out. neither do they point out the disgusting ass kissing our govt is doing by condemning the danes for their cartoons.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
What's logic got to do with anything?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
"We've blurred the details of these cartoons because they are SO offensive to Muslims....."

CNN talking head, Friday, Feb. 3, 2006.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#5]
This scares me.

What are all the governments of the world going to do when they become offended by the existence of us non-ROPer's?
Oh wait. - They already are.

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
cnn.com doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously.

• 4 die; cartoon riots spread

These riots are real, not just some animated outburst.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
islam before the lock
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
It's too bad we can't "rewind the tape" and see what the media's take would be if Christians had behaved the same after Serrano's work "Piss Christ" was presented.

Like we don't know.

Maybe we should have. Fatwah, anyone?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
And to think it only took 5 months and the addition of cartoons by mullas to spark the riots.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sure. As an RC, I get the urge to do a little inquisiting every now and again.

I've even got a comfy chair all ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Are they idiots? No, they simply have a totally different world view than we do,and they are willing to kill us to force that will upon our nations. Whether we have the twigs and berries to resist that remains to be seen.
We've been told that this view is a minority view in the Islamic world,but strangely more and more people keep showing up in support.....

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"We've blurred the details of these cartoons because they are SO offensive to Muslims....."

you've GOTTA be shitting me.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's too bad we can't "rewind the tape" and see what the media's take would be if Christians had behaved the same after Serrano's work "Piss Christ" was presented.

Like we don't know.

Christians were outraged at this mainly because it was funded with National Endowment for the Arts money, in other words THEIR money.

Still, no embassies were burned, no riots happened, and any protest was peaceful.

The media thinks Christians who actually hold their faith to be a central element of their life in about the same regard as they do Timothy McVeigh.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#14]
My high school age daughter believes that the USA attacked the ROPers first, and they are just defeding themselves.  This will show her that this is the true color of the ROP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Are they idiots? No, they simply have a totally different world view than we do,and they are willing to kill us to force that will upon our nations. Whether we have the twigs and berries to resist that remains to be seen.
We've been told that this view is a minority view in the Islamic world,but strangely more and more people keep showing up in support.....

Funny how that works out, isn't it??

I know lots of folks from the ME and none of them really want to go to war with us. These are the people who are uneasy in their own country and who readily admit that there are some real nutjobs "back home".
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My high school age daughter believes that the USA attacked the ROPers first, and they are just defeding themselves.  This will show her that this is the true color of the ROP.

Ummm......

Ya.

If she thinks that the USA attacked the radical nutcases first, she might be immune to truth...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Fucking Savages.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Islam is not comfortable with the same amount of freedom that most Western democracies have.  In fact it may be one of the largest impediments to democracy, especially when it comes to women's freedom.  Thwart the whole freedom issue at cartoons of mohammed and you never have to get to women's rights.  The traditions and hadith of islam are still considered superior to democracy as we understand it.

Still, these ME countries need to change.  They cannot continue to export their citizens to the rest of the world simply because they offer only a limited future in their own culture.  The citizen in the ME needs to be angry at their own leadership and take control of their own future through a peaceful democratic process if possible.  Their countries and the media however are quite good at displacing that anger and putting it on Israel and the US, as if a small country like Israel is the mental impediment to prosperity in the ME and the US addiction to oil is a problem.  Gimme a break.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like we don't know.

www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg/asc/projects/comm544/library/images/502tn.jpg

Christians were outraged at this mainly because it was funded with National Endowment for the Arts money, in other words THEIR money.

Still, no embassies were burned, no riots happened, and any protest was peaceful.

The media thinks Christians who actually hold their faith to be a central element of their life in about the same regard as they do Timothy McVeigh.

okay, but that is the thing, American Christians, and Christians elsewhere can fight things they don't like using the power of the almighty dollar: boycott this, sue that, pay for this senators election,etc. The only thing you can do when you are filthy poor and in an oppressive government is loot,burn, and destroy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
What we need to ask ourselves is why those Mullah's purposely inflamed the faithful?  What did they hope to gain by sparking riots?  Whatever it was, they wanted it badly enough to add in even more inflammatory cartoons with the original ones to make sure the faithful got thier panties in a tight bunch.

Do they think they can defeat the West in some kind of jihad, or make the goverenments of Europe apoligize and agree never to offend Islam again?  Just what did they hope to achieve?  I admit I'm lost, it makes no sense that I can understand.  And I think it's worth understanding, after all, they are the enemy of the US and understanding your enemy always helps win battles.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

okay, but that is the thing, American Christians, and Christians elsewhere can fight things they don't like using the power of the almighty dollar: boycott this, sue that, pay for this senators election,etc. The only thing you can do when you are filthy poor and in an oppressive government is loot,burn, and destroy.

Or they could do what the rest of the world's poor do: shut the fuck up and try to improve your situation,and not blame the rest of the world for your crappy life.
Muslim governments are just too darned efficient at demonizing outsiders so that their own people won't burn,loot and kill the local .gov. Which is in turn why we go in and kill their governments,so the people can see that their own culture is what makes their lives so crappy.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#22]
We will stop being violent when we have finished killing everyone who is not like us.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Warlord, you need to deprogram your daughter PRONTO.
There is still hope.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We will stop being violent when we have finished killing everyone who is not like us.

OK, guys, who left the barn door open?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or they could do what the rest of the world's poor do: shut the fuck up and try to improve your situation,and not blame the rest of the world for your crappy life.
Muslim governments are just too darned efficient at demonizing outsiders so that their own people won't burn,loot and kill the local .gov. Which is in turn why we go in and kill their governments,so the people can see that their own culture is what makes their lives so crappy.

They do blame others.
They blame their corrupt governments, and all of western civilization.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Gov'ts around the world act like it is perfectly okay for these people to act the way they do because they are "different".

I'm just tired of 'them' being treated like "the bad neighbor living next door."  Your first response is to pull away and try not to get involved with him.  Nobody wants to really do anything about him because it might piss him off and cause him to do something worse.  Next thing you know the bad neighbor is dumping his trash in your yard.  Not long after that, the bad neighbor is banging your wife.

The more the "bad neighbor" is allowed to carry on acting the way he does the more outrageous the behavior becomes.

Gov'ts around the world need to put a stop to this crap NOW!!......or we will all be screwed by the "bad neighbor"!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
We've been told that this view is a minority view in the Islamic world, but strangely more and more people keep showing up in support.....

Not surprising. Would you rather sit in class and listen to some boring old Imam, or go out and break things?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Dude, you to get to work on that NOW!

YOU need to show her.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What we need to ask ourselves is why those Mullah's purposely inflamed the faithful?  What did they hope to gain by sparking riots?  Whatever it was, they wanted it badly enough to add in even more inflammatory cartoons with the original ones to make sure the faithful got thier panties in a tight bunch.

Do they think they can defeat the West in some kind of jihad, or make the goverenments of Europe apoligize and agree never to offend Islam again?  Just what did they hope to achieve?  I admit I'm lost, it makes no sense that I can understand.  And I think it's worth understanding, after all, they are the enemy of the US and understanding your enemy always helps win battles.

If you have control of the mind, you have control of the body to do your bidding. "Righteous Indignation" appears be the most effective way to create willing jihadists.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Muslims are, in fact, boycotting Danish products. While per captia Muslims are poor, there are lots and lots of them, so it does have an affect.

On the other hand, it isn't clear to me that your statemement about Christians fighting with their "almighty dollar" is all that true. Most American Christians probably don't even give a rat's ass how some Frenchman or Muslim makes anti-Christian "art". Mostly, the concearn of American Christians is that they don't want to fund anti-Christian works via their taxes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do you think CNN would do the same for offensive Christian Cartoons?????????
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
islam before the lock

true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top