Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It might just be the shaky video, but in the cleaned up version it appears that along with saying "get up" the cop gestures "up" with his gun muzzle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't say that this situation would qualify as felony murder in the event of death, I merely pointed out that felony murder can, in fact, be predicated on someone "being shot by the police." That was the reason I highlighted the text that I did.

I am not familiar with CAs felony murder rules and so am not in a position to argue whether or not a death in this situation could serve as the basis of a felony murder charge against some other indiviudal. I feel that I should add that I don't know any of the facts of the case and therefore can't even say that a crime occurred, much less a felony.

Gotcha, I was just taking what you said and running with it!  I figured with a name like "Legalese" you'd appreciate the commentary!

PS. They now showed the updated video on all major network stations this morning, along with the interview of his wife calling for the PerpCop's arrest.  I don't think there's any way out of this for the officer other than arrest and prosecution.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted: The driver never fled on foot and was in the driver's seat when his friend was shot.
The TV news I saw made it look like he did because they showed him being taken in the day after. They probably screwed up their reporting and didn't specify that he fled in the car with the USAF guy in tow, was arrested that night, then got taken to another jail the next day. Oh well. It still doesn't change anything. At the core of it all, it was still the driver's fault because the cop shooting was at the tail end of all the events, not the start.

How did the driver make the cop press the trigger?
The answer is he did not.

It's all about personal accountability. The driver should be prosecuted for fleeing. The cop should suffer the ramifications of his negligent, at best, shooting.

Sorry pal, you can't use the "devil made me do it" excuse in the real world.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
hmmm pretty crazy stuff
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to last week.

That is a pretty sad statement.

Cheers

Whatever.  Different thread, same exact comments as the original

It's all Bush's & NCPatrolAR's fault.

There, something origonal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top