Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/7/2006 12:19:15 AM EDT
Just when you thought Iran couldn't get any more medievel....they step back a century or two!

Iran to publish Holocaust cartoons

From correspondents in Tehran 07-02-2006 From: Agence France-Presse  

IRAN'S largest selling newspaper announced today it was holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

"It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," said Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper - which is published by Teheran's conservative municipality.

He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he said.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionist historians, who maintain the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as well as other groups during World War II has been either invented or exaggerated.

Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prompted international anger when he dismissed the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as a "myth" used to justify the creation of Israel.

Mr Mortazavi said tomorrow's edition of the paper will invite cartoonists to enter the competition, with "private individuals" offering gold coins to the best 12 artists - the same number of cartoons that appeared in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

Last week, the Iranian foreign ministry also invited British Prime Minister Tony Blair to Teheran to take part in a planned conference on the Holocaust, even though the idea has been branded by Mr Blair as "shocking, ridiculous, stupid".

Mr Blair also said Mr Ahmadinejad "should come and see the evidence of the Holocaust himself in the countries of Europe", to which Iran responded by saying it was willing to send a team of "independent investigators".

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18066746-1702,00.html?from=rss

This should get interesting quick.

Eric The(WesternCiv101)Hun
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]

OMFG PWN NOOB ALLAH JIHAD DURKA DURKA
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested in devoting my life to offending Islam.

What is the best way to go about this?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Where do you send your entry?

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#5]
What time are the riots supposed to be scheduled for?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Everytime time you see them with their women in public, do what I do. Grab your cock thru your pants and shake it at their women and give them a wink. Really pisses 'em off.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Everytime time you see them with their women in public, do what I do. Grab your cock thru your pants and shake it at their women and give them a wink. Really pisses 'em off.

The moral high road approach...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+3...or maybe even 4
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Will that make it OK to burn an Iranian embassy to the ground?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:14:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Like it was a bunch of Jews making Mohammed comics........yea, holocaust cartoons make sense.

They should make a series about the Rape of Nanking while they are at it, makes about as much sense.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Bunch of fucking crybabies...

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Like it was a bunch of Jews making Mohammed comics........yea, holocaust cartoons make sense.

They should make a series about the Rape of Nanking while they are at it, makes about as much sense.

The Iranians must be Nazis at heart. They think teh j00s are behind the cartoons!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:33:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sack up, join the military, and go deal with them first hand?  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Eat pork chops and look at naked white women.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Perhaps you can go to public restrooms with a sharpie marker and draw a dot.

Then title it Mohammed with and arrow pointing to the dot.

j\k
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like we either need more cow bell or Mohammad's Believe it or Else!  

islamcomicbook.com/

Irony fails me at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#19]
While this is utterly tasteless, it isn't dangerous.

The Jews have suffered real persecution in their lives, and thus won't be rioting in the street or burning down buildings or killing people because of cartoons.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#20]

It's such an illustration of just how out of touch those idiots are - that they thing that the rest of the world woud even care.  

They think that people are going to be "offended" over THAT?  Please.   Undoubtedly, they've been publishing offensive shit abotu the Holocaust every week.  Just the stuff that comes out of their presidents MOUTH about the Holocaust is offensive - yet you don't see Christians and Jews burning down Iranian embassies or demanding their death.

We're ALREADY offended by everything about your shitty country.  The shameful way that you treat women.  The barabaric legal system.  The police state.  The "morality police."     Yet we still don't burn down your embassies or call for your death.

Idiots.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I wonder what they'll say when nobody cares?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They will claim victory for having silenced the evil America.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sculptures of  mohammed humping camels made entirely out of bacon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#24]
you can spam their mosque!  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will claim victory for having silenced the evil America.

Well, I suppose we could just glass them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What a wonderful idea!  Rain Spam down from the skies onto Mecca.  It will certainly improve the bottom line for Hormel, and make a wonderful statement at the same time!

I wonder what the terminal air speed velocity of a can of Spam is if dropped from 35,000 feet?

In all seriousness, I can't recall anyone in the last 200 years getting upset and rioting about an insult to their religious beliefs except for the members of the religion of peace.  It must be very stressful to be a muslim and so full of anger and hate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a wonderful idea!  Rain Spam down from the skies onto Mecca.  It will certainly improve the bottom line for Hormel, and make a wonderful statement at the same time!

That is such an insensitive and outrageous idea!!!  
You do know that Denmark is a major pork producer, right??  At least use Danish ham!!  

To be serious - as EVIDENCE of muslims who apparently do "get it" there will be a demonstration by muslims in Denmark tonight, in support of Denmark, and in protest against all the violence.  They say that sure they might have been offended by the drawings, but freedom of the press is more important.  Yay - go moderate muslims!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#28]
In somewhat related news (since we have to be careful about new topics ) a Russian has decided to print the cartoons.

www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060207-072431-9805r

Since Iran has sworn to boycott any country that publishes the thing, this could have an impact on the nuke stuff. What's more important, their prophet or the nukes?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I guess it's probably fair. They get offended by free press so they try to offend others via free press. No big deal.

I still don't get why they think all of us are Jews.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#31]
All these cartoons....makes me think all these people are clowns.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I guess it's probably fair. They get offended by free press so they try to offend others via free press. No big deal.

I still don't get why they think all of us are Jews.

A) The funny part is that Iran's press is something like three from the bottom when it comes from "free press" according to one of those international rankings.

B)They're really locked into this whole "it's all the Jews fault" thing. Avoids having to actually solve problems. Everything bad comes from "the Jews".

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Send a gift ham to your local mosque.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Ironic you would use the term "clowns" .  When the Danish imams went around the middle east trying to generate hatred of Danes (along with fake pictures that they claimed were published in Danish newspapers), one of them was supposedly a picture of Mohammed with pigs ears and a pig snout.

Turns out that they just altered a picture of a French CLOWN to make it look like a bad cartoon, and then claimed it was part of the cartoon series published in the Danish press.  

I know y'all can't read Danish, but you can see the two pictures here: www.berlingske.dk/indland/artikel:aiid=693298/
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send a Danish gift ham to your local mosque.

Come on - get with the whole "Buy Danish" program.  Plus, hopefully the irony would be noted  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like this plan.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:37:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ironic you would use the term "clowns" .  When the Danish imams went around the middle east trying to generate hatred of Danes (along with fake pictures that they claimed were published in Danish newspapers), one of them was supposedly a picture of Mohammed with pigs ears and a pig snout.

Turns out that they just altered a picture of a French CLOWN to make it look like a bad cartoon, and then claimed it was part of the cartoon series published in the Danish press.  

I know y'all can't read Danish, but you can see the two pictures here: www.berlingske.dk/indland/artikel:aiid=693298/

Is that what they are all pissed off about???

THAT???

Good grief. They need a sense of proportion. That's nothing. People didn't even get that upset about this:

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Just shows the desparation, ignorance & hatred that they have. The original cartoons had nothing to do with Jews, yet that's who they direct their anger to.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DONE AND DONE!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that what they are all pissed off about???

THAT???

The other two fake pictures were:  One showing Mohammed as a pedophile, and one showing a dog mounting a praying muslim.

Of course, part of the lies that the Danish imams told in the middle east was that those were the kind of pictures that were published "all the time" in Danish newspapers, and that there was an atmosphere of hatred towards muslims there.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like this plan.

Big +1.........
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Step 1: Quit Arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I really think we could lose the war on terrorism if we don't change.

The enemy is ready to kill and destroy based on rumors concerning cartoons of their god and desecration of the koran and while many American's are calling for us to pull out of Iraq.   They want to fight and sadly many Americans don't.  Where are our protests in the streets following Sept 11th, the London attacks, the Madrid attacks?  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sack up, join the military, and go deal with them first hand?  Just a thought.

They don't let them do anything of the sort. Hell they hand out Korans last I checked.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DONE AND DONE!!!

Can we hire some Danish strippers to pole dance while eating hotdog while they are protesting?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send a Danish gift ham to your local mosque.

Come on - get with the whole "Buy Danish" program.  Plus, hopefully the irony would be noted  

Good idea....a DANISH ham.

Far as "buying Danish"  - y'all sell stuff OTHER THAN hams? I mean, I really don't need any wooden shoes.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Duck tape some tannerite to a couple Koran's.  Film the detonation, upload it to the internet and post it some some Islamic website then join the witness protection program.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Keep breathing good ol' American fu**ing air, buddy.  Nothing pisses 'em off more.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Duck tape some tannerite to a couple Koran's.  Film the detonation, upload it to the internet and post it some some Islamic website then join the witness protection program.

Don't forget to videotape yourself burning Islamic flags and then stomping on the remains... Turnabout is fair play, after all.  

What ticks me off about this whole thing is that the Imams are treating this Danish contest like it's this unprovoked thing... Even just limiting yourself strictly to political cartoons, the Muslims have been doing this to Jews and the US for YEARS.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top