Page / 3
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:43:06 PM EDT
I just watched "walmart, the high cost of low price"

grrr.  That is all I have to say.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
There's another movie on Wal-Mart that's worth watching that takes the opposite view. Always check both sides.

Besides, good ammo sales and you can play Wal Mart Games.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There's another movie on Wal-Mart that's worth watching that takes the opposite view. Always check both sides.

what is the name of the other movie?  I'm up for that
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Where was this movie?  TV?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have seen it for rent at alot of smaller video stores IE not Blockbuster or Hollywood
Hastings has it if there is one of those near you
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

no, I rented it

ETA from Hollywood video
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.  I worked for those assholes when I was 19.  A long time ago, but the managers were scum.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I love the place.  Bought a .17 magnum there today.   145$ for a bolt action Savage.   Cheapest price I found by 45$, when I could find the gun at ALL.

The sales clerk even knew about the .17 Mach2. Was on the ball enough to give me a price on them.  Several gun shop employees didn't even know the latter existed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
meijer's is better
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You know that hardware store that was presented in the movie as being a victim of Wal-Mart?

It went out of business three months before Wal-Mart opened!

And then guess what?

Another company came along and opened a hardware store at the same location and is doing better than ever!

Gee, isn't Free Enterprise great?

<ahem>

I said, 'Isn't Free Enterprise great?'

Eric The(Louder,NextTime)Hun
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I love walmart.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Walmart meets Americas needs better than any other retailer out there. Even Costco. And if you don't like them think of it like this Wally world symbolises America perfectly. They use cheap labor for everything, half there stuff is made in China, and nothing there is made as tuff as it was 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Walmart kicks ass.

Before they came to my town, the area they moved into was a wasteland, and there weren't ANY stores that carried guns & ammo. They moved in, and within 3 years the whole end of town is bustling with businesses big and small, and I can buy ammo.

I know every Walmart experience is different, but for me they were a godsend and our store is nice clean and well stocked.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't shop at walmart, because I don't have to.

I go there once a year, to buy my grandmother a gift certificate...walk around and chuckle a while, then leave.

They don't have anything that I can't buy closer to home, and with better service.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
meijer's is better

no its not, ya n00b  

the superwally opened a week ago--thank GAWD--they will get 95% of my business from now on--i missed shopping there so much  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Walmart is ripe and ready for a severe backlash from it's
own associates
(what they call their employees ,but they aren't associates).

If/when the national economy improves,expect massive strikes
on a scale never before seen.
Yes ,I am serious.
All they need is a slight improvement in the job market ,and one
event that sparks the powder.

Consider that this is our countries largest non-government
employer ,and you'll get an idea of how ugly it may become.

The issue ?

Absolute disrespect from the incompetent management of the
company.
Sam Walden made an excellant system .
Those who replaced him don't follow the rules he set forth in his books
and his basic beliefs.
The freely piss on his system ,and those that work to keep the
company functioning despite the incompetence of Bentonville
and the dimwitted brown nosers they choose as managers .

Many long term associates who remember how it was when Sam was alive,
are changing over the stocks in their retirement funds to other
stocks because they see it coming.

The Walmart system isn't evil,those who took it over and altered it are.

I wonder what the effect on our country will be when the #1 place people
depend on for food is on strike ?    
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't shop at walmart, because I don't have to.

I go there once a year, to buy my grandmother a gift certificate...walk around and chuckle a while, then leave.

They don't have anything that I can't buy closer to home, and with better service.

Haven't heard the word chuckle for along time.
What is it that prompts you to chuckle during your once a year trip to Wal-Mart?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Wal Mart is "o.k." imo.
They have the cheapest price on shotshells in my ao and is the cheapest on .22 99% of the time.

The food i can get cheaper elsewere and there clothes and shoes suck ass.

The furniture, what little they carry, anit worth a shit.

Dogfood i can get cheaper. as well as cleaning supplies, t-papper, etc.

shotshells, .22 and the fact that they stay open 24/7 is the only reason i give a rats ass.

The majority of the items they carry, can be found for less, elsewere, IF you look!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
own associates

Yes ,I am serious.

The issue ?

company.
and his basic beliefs.

It won't happen...those people are living paycheck to paycheck and need the money too bad.

I would sell the stock and diversify my retirement fund too... You would be crazy to bet your retirement on one stock..

Long ago, I worked at a union supermarket...our management was probably ten times more incompetant than Wal Mart's... and management HATED their employees... Constant battle between management and labor...

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:14:53 AM EDT
[#21]
You've been duped by propaganda

-Barrelburner (the former Army psyopper)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So which part is the propaganda?

The part where Walmart charges so much for their helthcare program that most "Associates" can't pay for it?  

The part where Nearly 600,000 "associates" qualify for and are accepting some form of welfare equalling about a $1.5 billion a year?  Did I read the screen right when that came on?  It seems so impossible.

The part where associates are informed in company meetings how to fill out the paperwork for government assistance?

The part where Walmart has lost a huge class action law suit about the way they treat their women "associates"

The part about the crime rate in their parking lots (robberies, rapes and murders) being 80% of the store's crime, them doing research to find that hiring one guy paid $10/ hour in a golf cart makes crime in the parking lot nearly non-existant, and still not doing it?

The part where their factories overseas are like slave-driving conditions where some wages are equal to 17 cents an hour?  And the workers are forced to live in dormitories because their rent is automatically deducted from their paychecks whether they live there or not.

The part that the five walmart founding family members are always in the top ten for richest people in the world while a good portion of their full-time associates are on welfare?

The part where they close a store down rather than see a union be formed.

I could go on.  But what is the propaganda part?  These guys are richer than god, don't you think they would sue the production if they were out and out lying?

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOVIE FOR THE OTHER SIDE?  Someone mentioned that there was one, I would really like to see the other point of view.  If this production company is a Mike Moore kind-of-thing, I want to know it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:01:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The part where Walmart charges so much for their helthcare program that most "Associates" can't pay for it?  

The part where Nearly 600,000 "associates" qualify for and are accepting some form of welfare equalling about a $1.5 billion a year?  Did I read the screen right when that came on?  It seems so impossible.

The part where associates are informed in company meetings how to fill out the paperwork for government assistance?

The part where Walmart has lost a huge class action law suit about the way they treat their women "associates"

The part about the crime rate in their parking lots (robberies, rapes and murders) being 80% of the store's crime, them doing research to find that hiring one guy paid $10/ hour in a golf cart makes crime in the parking lot nearly non-existant, and still not doing it?

The part where their factories overseas are like slave-driving conditions where some wages are equal to 17 cents an hour?  And the workers are forced to live in dormitories because their rent is automatically deducted from their paychecks whether they live there or not.

The part that the five walmart founding family members are always in the top ten for richest people in the world while a good portion of their full-time associates are on welfare?

I could go on.  But what is the propaganda part?  These guys are richer than god, don't you think they would sue the production if they were out and out lying?

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOVIE FOR THE OTHER SIDE?  Someone mentioned that there was one, I would really like to see the other point of view.  If this production company is a Mike Moore kind-of-thing, I want to know it.

Actually, I think what you just posted is the propaganda.  For example, Wal-mart does not have any factories, overseas or otherwise.   That's a lie.

I'm also pretty sure that none of the founding members are still with the company.  After Sam died didn't everyone sell? Wherever their money is coming from, it's not from the sweat of oppressed workers.

The part about the guy in a golf cart stopping all crime in parking lots is just flat out ridiculous.  They are out there in any case, so it's a lie to say they are not doing it.

I personally don't care about Wal Mart employee benefits, but if it's as horrible as you claim, why do people still work there?  While you are at it, what OTHER employer is going to give their wage level any benefits at all?

Just typical nonsense.  Probably union inspired.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#24]
All good propaganda contains truth. It is just one-sided truth.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Have those associates looked at the cost of obtaining health insurance as an individual....

How much are you willing to pay someone that stocks shelves or works a cash register?  It isn't exactly rocket science and the applicants and pay are comensurate.

See above - most of the employees are exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.  If they were the sharpest folks they probably wouldn't be in a situation where they have work at Wal-Mart

This may be a legitimate issue.  But then again, it was jury of the people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty that found W-M guilty, correct?  

A fallacy.  I can't tell you how many auto burglary reports I take from a high end shopping center that has 24/7 private security....

W-M is a retailer, not a manufacturer.  Please show me one factory owned by W-M.  I do think the mfg's need to grow some balls and tell W-M to stick it if the business plan doesn't make sense.

Got proof that the family members still run W-M?

Personally, I don't have a problem with this.

The oil companies should be taking some heat off W-M for a time.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#26]
It's propaganda, just like "Supersize Me", or any of Michael Moore's productions.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:59:27 AM EDT
[#27]
LOL ... most folks that work at Wal-Mart because it is the only job they are capable of getting.  If it wasn't for Wal-Mart nobody would hire some of the fat, ugly, lazy, toothless slobs I see working there.   Of course there is a small percentage of teenagers and seniors that want a cake job and some extra spending money ... but most are women supporting their drug addict boyfriend who is home watching her illegitimate children.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Hating Walmart is as futile as hating Microsoft.

That said, I agree with "getting both sides." This place is quicker to jump on the one-sided bandwagon than a one-armed banjo player would be.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#29]
More USA products in a Walmart than in all the local mom and pop stores combined. You actually have a choice at the Walmart. Two or more products, select which you prefer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#30]
My Wife will start her 14th. year in March. She is the Craft Dept. Mgr for the last 2 years. Her current rate of pay is now $18.10 per hour. We have Blue Cross-Blue Shield health benefits, stock options and 401k and profit sharing. Not to mention 10% on everything but food.

Yeah Walmart really sucks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ooooh, liberal propaganada. Yummy!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I wish Walmart would build an oil refinery!

I don't shop at Walmart, but they would bring some competition to a price-fixed market.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Wal-Mart is the .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#34]
So none of you see a problem with us funding the worlds largest army?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Wal-Mart is the .

That's what momma says.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#36]
WALMARTs is where I do most of my shopping

<<---post number M1911A1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
So none of you see a problem with us funding the worlds largest army?

Dude, you have to CHOSE to buy Chinese at Walmart. If you want USA stuff it is for sale in the same store. Walmart is a USA owned company. Your local mom and pop store sells the same stuff just usually at higher prices. The ammo at Walmart is all Chinese? The firearms are all Chinese? The food is Chinese? The tires are Chinese? Engine oil? Filters? Hershey bars? Some clothing, cheap toys and electronics (which are made in China no matter where you buy them) are all that is made in the PRC. Get a grip man!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#38]

I don't hate Walmart.  

I just try remember that you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
own associates

Yes ,I am serious.

The issue ?

company.
and his basic beliefs.

It won't happen...those people are living paycheck welfare check to paycheck welfare check and need the money too bad.

I would sell the stock and diversify my retirement fund too... You would be crazy to bet your retirement on one stock..

Long ago, I worked at a union supermarket...our management was probably ten times more incompetant than Wal Mart's... and management HATED their employees... Constant battle between management and labor...

Fixed it for ya...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
own associates

Yes ,I am serious.

The issue ?

company.
and his basic beliefs.

Ain’t going to happen.

See, unions and going out on strike are extremely outdated concepts that are about as foreign to today’s employee as indentured servitude is.

What will happen if the employment situation improves is that the best Wal-Mart employees will move on to better jobs. Wal-mart will have to either raise their wages to keep good employees or hire from the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Since they are almost there now and since trying to employ the absolute dregs of society costs far more than just paying an extra $3.00 or $4.00 an hour for decent help, Wal-mart will have to raise wages.

The free marked does far more to guarantee a good wage than any union.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I just watched "Bowling for Columbine" and grrr is all I have to say about the NRA.  

I hate Wal-Mart, too.  They have such low prices on ammo they make me buy more than I otherwise would.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS...When I was single my healthcare benefits cost me $17 a paycheck. After I got marriend and had 2 kids my benefits cost me $75 a paycheck. The only people I know that work there and don't have benefits are the ones that don't want them for one reason or another.

According to my math, that works out to about $2500 per associate per year, or $208 a month. Doesn't seem like very much to me even if it is true. The only associates I know that are on some sort of welfare are the single moms......maybe if we banned single moms....

I've worked there for almost 8 years. I've never seen this happen and I have worked at many stores.

What large corporation hasn't lost lawsuits at some time or other?

Did they make a comparison to similar sized parking lots of other retailers in the same areas? I bet they would be about the same.

WM doesn't own factories. 17 cents an hour doesn't seem like much to me or you, but to someone in another country that may be alot of money.

God for them, capitalism at its best. As far as the welfare comment see above. $2500 isn't much. and like I said the only people I know on welfare are the single moms.

I don't need a union to represent me

Check out walmartfacts.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's a fine review of the so-called 'facts' in this despicable movie written by Rick Lowery of National Review:

Fear and Loathing Wal-Mart

The high cost of progress.

A new documentary, Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price trashes the much-maligned discount retailer. What the company’s executives are now encountering is the high cost of progress. The political reaction against Wal-Mart is the latest iteration of the fear and loathing that greets any major innovation in American retailing.

A new paper from the Competitive Enterprise Institute details the long history of resistance to retail advances. In the late 19th century, the advent of department stores caused outrage. The same reaction met the rise of mail-order catalogs, which were burned in public at the behest of local retailers. The rise of chain stores in the 1920s also inflamed local merchants, who claimed that they threatened "the future of the children."

Now, it’s Wal-Mart’s turn. Founder Sam Walton realized that by offering customers discount prices he could make more profits based on increased volume. Hence, the Wal-Mart revolution, and the movement against it that The High Cost celebrates. Wal-Mart is faring the film surprisingly well, since its release has coincided with the publication of studies that debunk the image of the company crucifying its employees on a cross of low wages and nonexistent benefits as it forces them onto welfare.

The first thing to know about low price is that it has a wonderfully low cost for Wal-Mart customers, a category that includes 8 in 10 Americans a year. A study by Global Insight — paid by Wal-Mart to study the company’s economic effects, but granted independence — estimated that Wal-Mart lowered the consumer price index by 3.1 percent between 1985 and 2004, making for $263 billion in consumer savings by 2004. In a widely cited report, Jason Furman of New York University notes that Wal-Mart and other discount stores make "consumers better off by the equivalent of 25 percent of annual food spending."

But only at the price of wage slavery? No, Wal-Mart’s average wage of roughly $9 an hour is on par with other retailers. Because the jobs tend to be low-skill, retail workers earn less than the average wage for all U.S. workers. According to Furman, this has been the case for the past 20 years and holds true even in areas without Wal-Marts.

Three-quarters of Wal-Mart workers are full time. Other retailers have work forces that are only 20 percent to 40 percent full time. And Wal-Mart offers health insurance to full-time and part-time employees, which is rare in retail. Eighty-six percent of Wal-Mart employees have health insurance; 48 percent through Wal-Mart’s plan.

Although The High Cost attacks Wal-Mart as a welfare queen, only about 5 percent of Wal-Mart employees are on Medicaid, the same proportion as other retailers. Furman points out that a Wal-Mart worker who has to decide whether to buy the company’s family insurance policy at a cost of $1,800 annually or take Medicaid coverage instead is wise to go on Medicaid. "The beneficiary of choosing Medicaid is the worker," Furman writes, "not Wal-Mart."

Because Wal-Mart is a behemoth, critics assume that it can change its wage and benefits policies on a whim. According to Furman, Wal-Mart earns $6,000 per employee. That’s below the national average of $9,000 per employee. Wal-Mart makes $288 billion of revenue on $277 billion of costs, a 3.7 percent profit margin on costs, which leaves little room for error.

It is true, as the CEI paper notes, that Wal-Mart jobs are poorly paid compared to unionized jobs. Grocery clerks at unionized stores in California get paid nearly $18 an hour. But Wal-Mart passes its lower costs on to customers, who pay 17 percent to 39 percent less for groceries there.

In this sense, the self-styled humanitarians who object to Wal-Mart are narrowed-minded defenders of a special interest. If they get their way, they might better the lot of retail employees, but at the cost of the community, including people who aren’t fortunate enough to have a retail job but who still have to buy clothes and food. And so the anti-Wal-Mart zealots oppose the general welfare and an innovation that has promoted it. Hasn’t it always been thus?

— Rich Lowry is author of Legacy: Paying the Price for the Clinton Years.

(c) 2005 King Features Syndicate

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200512060818.asp

You want fries with that?

Eric The(Build-A-Burger)Hun
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#44]
You know...

I sit and watch the Walmart bashing...and I don't get it.

The closest Walmart to me is like a 25 minute schlep down the freeway, passing 3 Nordstroms, 2 Neimans, 2 Saks, 3 Robinsons, 3 Macys, 8 Targets, maybe a k-mart or two and 10,000 other stores that offer better service, and quality for whatever Walmart sells.

I HAVE to go there once a year, and its just a fun, happy little outing.

My thoughts are..if you live in a community where they are your only option.....then maybe you should be glad they were willing to build a store near you.

or maybe

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
You know...

The closest Walmart to me is like a 25 minute schlep down the freeway, passing 3 Nordstroms, 2 Neimans, 2 Saks, 3 Robinsons, 3 Macys, 8 Targets, maybe a k-mart or two and 10,000 other stores that offer better service, and quality for whatever Walmart sells.

My thoughts are..if you live in a community where they are your only option.....then maybe you should be glad they were willing to build a store near you.

or maybe

Damn Girl! You live in a shopping MECCA!!!!!
Mr. Playmore would never let me leave the house with the checkbook if I lived near you!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You know...

or maybe

You know, it would seem logical that quality at Walmart would suck. I have not found that to be the case, though. When I go to the locally owned tire shop and ask for a Goodyear tire for my van they try to push what they have on the shelf. They can get the tire I want but that is a PITA for them and they won't do it (they are a Goodyear store BTW). So what do I do? Go to Walmart and get faster service and the tires I wanted in the first place. And guess what? They cost less than they did at the mom and pop local store. I can get repairs anywhere there is a Walmart tire center as well.

My mother buys our kids fancy clothing from stores in the mall and my wife has found over time that the cheap clothes from Walmart actually hold up better to my boy's destructive efforts.

Go to your local ACE hardware store. I swear the building itself has "Made in China" on the side. I have had much better luck finding USA made products at Walmart but you do have the option of buying Chinese junk as well.

If you really think that those other stores are giving you something that Walmart can't/doesn't then you have bought into their advertising and that is what is keeping them alive. I don't buy everything from Walmart but the bashing is just childish and misinformed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't need to see a documentary to stay out of WM.  It is just my little way of resisting the continuing dummying down toward an absolutely faceless nameless American landscape where every town is like the next and the soul of the country has been erased.

I vote with my wallet.  F**k Wal Mart.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:58:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Walmart....   Now with 1500 new stores to serve you!

www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/07/D8FKLVQG0.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Ever heard of UFCW?

United Food and Commercial Workers ...  Union.

They locked into a death struggle with WalMart right about the time
all the anti-WallyWorld stuff started.  THey were desperate after the devastating defeat in CA, during the LA Grocery strike.

They've managed to tap into feelings from the right and the left, and, pushed people's
buttons for so long that everyone is starting to drink the Kool-aid of the modern pinkos.

WalMart in my town has actually made one side of town almost unbearable to drive through,
but, it's not becasue of seeing a WalMart...It's because all theses new buisnesses have opened.

They haven't re-located from other parts of town, they've actually newly opened.
They are mainly niche buisnesses that benefit from having a big consumer drawing
powerhouse around, but, there are buisnesses that overlap what WalMart does, too.

The tiny Ace Hardware on my side of town is still open and doing very well.  As soon as you walk in
the door, the girl or guy in the red vest comes up to you and, can point you to even the most obscure product they carry, by aisle, by section.  They all know what they are doing, and, can give you sound advice, or can point you to the person in the store that DOES know what they are talking about.  You can get in and out without hassle.  That's how they stay in buisness.

Funny thing, people actually come from other towns with super Wal-Marts because ours is convieniently located, and, well set up.  I patronize it all the time, but, go to the next town over for ammo, becasue the people behind the brown-vests are dolts in our store.

If you don't like WalMart, that's ok.  Don't shop there then.

I'd just tell you to think with your own mind, and, doubt what you get from a biased movie.

Go out and look with your own eyes, and, see.

As far as the incompetance of WalMart management........

I guess they wouldn't be the Retail equivenent of the Death Star if they were THAT
incompetant would they.

And, as I always say about people who complain about not makeing enough to pay
for healthcare, or complain about not makeing enough money;

Get your lazy ass up off your couch, and, instead of spending your money on Cheetos,
cable TV, TIVO, internet, etc...Go get another job.  If you aren't qualified, go to school.
Pell grants are availiable, as well as many other programs.  It won't be easy, you won't be
able to party as much.  There won't be as much time  for TV....

The choice is really yours.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Yeah. Wal-Mart enslaves its employees.

This is why 20,000 people just applied for 325 Wal-Mart jobs in Chicago, where the not-so-terribly-bright city council refused to allow Wal-Mart to build within the city limits.

Wal-Mart built the store 1 block outside the limits.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top