Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:57:38 PM EDT
Just browsing some pics in my hard drive and came accross these 2. They are 4 months apart what a handfull this guy is i believe hes still thinks hes as small as he was in the first pic when he jumps on you. Anyone know when boxers typically stop growing ?

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
awesome looking dog.  hope he protects the house well.

edit- i hope those purple walls dont make him too much of sissy

jk
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
they stop as soon as you shoot them in preparation for a barbecue party  mmmmm doggie barbecue
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
BEFORE:

AFTER:

these are about 6 months apart.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
awesome looking dog.  hope he protects the house well.

edit- i hope those purple walls dont make him too much of sissy

jk

That room is the female of the house stronghold . (note the laundy basket )
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they stop as soon as you shoot them in preparation for a barbecue party  mmmmm doggie barbecue

If he gets any bigger he will be bbq'n me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
cool pup!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
"They are 4 months apart what a handfull this guy is i believe hes still thinks hes as small as he was in the first pic when he jumps on you."      ever heard of a run-on sentence?

just kidding, you have a very nice looking pup.  how much does he weigh now?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Great lookin pup! They do grow fast don't they! My Lab pup who is currently 8 months old and 82 pounds was 16 pounds when I picked him up at 8 weeks old. At 4 months he was 43 pounds. Usually the large breed dogs grow until they are about 2 years old, although it is more filling out than actual height after a year. This is why alot of research is coming out regarding neutering your dog too early. They need the testosterone to help the growth plates close properly and to develope masculine features. I will be neutering my dog at approx. a year and a half old because of this. Here is a pic of him when I got him and one that I took today.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Great looking dogs! He weighs a bit over 50 pounds now. Good point with the neutering im gonna give him some time before the snip .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Great looking dogs! He weighs a bit over 50 pounds now. Good point with the neutering im gonna give him some time before the snip .

Ahhh, just re-read your post. So he is six months old now, was wondering why he looked so big. I originally thought your post said he was 4 months old. Hes pretty close to the size of my dog at six months but probably taller. My pup is a little thicker built. He weighed exactly 60 pounds at six months. Seems like these large breeds gain around around 7-10 pounds a month until they are about 9 months old, then they tend to slow down. I bet your boy will top out at about 80-90 pounds.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]

My boxer finally topped out at about 93lbs.  He was something like 8 pounds when we brought him home at 8wks.  He grew like a weed until about 1.5yrs. After that he thickened up with a big barrel chest.  He was a complete knucklehead until he turned 2 and then after that was very well behaved.  They tend to mature slowly.  IM me if you have any other questions.  I've had 3 boxers in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Great lookin pup! They do grow fast don't they! My Lab pup who is currently 8 months old and 82 pounds was 16 pounds when I picked him up at 8 weeks old. At 4 months he was 43 pounds. Usually the large breed dogs grow until they are about 2 years old, although it is more filling out than actual height after a year. This is why alot of research is coming out regarding neutering your dog too early. They need the testosterone to help the growth plates close properly and to develope masculine features. I will be neutering my dog at approx. a year and a half old because of this. Here is a pic of him when I got him and one that I took today.

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/dog_1.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/buddysnow.jpg

Good looking dog.  Its nice to see pics of a real dog every now and then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/dog_1.jpg

Good looking dog.  Its nice to see pics of a real dog every now and then.

Thanks, Ill pass on the compliment to him
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Great looking pup! Reminds me of someone.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
that dog looks like he his hungry for shoes and other goodies around the house.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
All good looking pups, I am partial to Labs, I have an 8mo hellion, that still thinks he's 8wks, he has chewed everything in the house. I caught him with his mouth around my ace stock, with a little "correction",  he  decided, not to chew on that anymore, but I still love the little demon. His name is SIG.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great looking pup! Reminds me of someone.

home.alltel.net/swingset/temp/BulletSnowface.jpg

Ha! Great pic! They sure love the snow don't they? My pup will just go out and stretch full out on his belly to lay in it. He just does'nt get cold!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All good looking pups, I am partial to Labs, I have an 8mo hellion, that still thinks he's 8wks, he has chewed everything in the house. I caught him with his mouth around my ace stock, with a little "correction",  he  decided, not to chew on that anymore, but I still love the little demon. His name is SIG.

Dude, tell me about it. My pup is 8 months as well. Hmmmm, lets see, today I caught my pup (named Buddy by the way) chewing on my gloves, my hat, my socks, a blanket, a bike, his leash, a towel and a pair of pants. And this is an improvement! He has tons of toys laying around, I just think he likes being a stinker. They definitely take a while to chill out, but they are awesome dogs nonetheless. Post pics of yours!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Have had 3 boxers as well (one now) They grow pretty dang fast up to about 1.5 years then they start to thincken up a bit. My girl we have now is 3yrs old and 80lbs but shes a bit skinny  and males weigh more than females.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, tell me about it. My pup is 8 months as well. Hmmmm, lets see, today I caught my pup (named Buddy by the way) chewing on my gloves, my hat, my socks, a blanket, a bike, his leash, a towel and a pair of pants. And this is an improvement! He has tons of toys laying around, I just think he likes being a stinker. They definitely take a while to chill out, but they are awesome dogs nonetheless. Post pics of yours!

I will, I get so damn mad at Sig, I can't see straight, then he comes up, and wants to crawl in my lap,.......It's hard to stay mad at him, he is really smart, and trys to be good, but  can't seem to stay out of trouble long. I feel like I'm going to have a great dog, when he matures a little more. I will try to post some pics tommorrow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will, I get so damn mad at Sig, I can't see straight, then he comes up, and wants to crawl in my lap,.......It's hard to stay mad at him, he is really smart, and trys to be good, but  can't seem to stay out of trouble long. I feel like I'm going to have a great dog, when he matures a little more. I will try to post some pics tommorrow.

hehe nothing like a 70-90 pound "lap" dog huh
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, I didn't mention my 2 older Labs, because we were talking about puppys, Toby, and Tater, both 7, Toby weighs about 80lbs, and Tater (female) weighs about 110, she blew up, when we got her fixed, but she still thinks  she is little, and wants to get in our bed, I just have to say no, unless the wife is out of town. They may grow older and wiser, but they always think they are puppys. These 2, have outgrown the bad stage, and honestly don't do anything  wrong, may sound dumb, but you can talk to them, and they pretty much know exactly what you want them to do. and Toby is one hell of a duck dog, he will go all day, but pay for it the next day, by being sore, but he always wants to go. When he see's me get a gun, to go to the range, he goes nuts, he thinks its huntin' time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top