Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 6:58:18 PM EDT by bastiat]
www.v28power.com/

28 volt cordless hammer drill, circular saw, sawzall and more. Oh hell yeah.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:29:53 PM EDT
Wow. That gave me wood! I need every one of those accessories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:34:53 PM EDT
I really need the 28Volt hammer drill.

I feel like homer looking at donuts...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:39:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:53 PM EDT
What a crappy web site! Well, it isn't even a web site. It's just a way of sending-out a proprietary file. Is it really a good marketing move to tell most of your customers to go away?

And, power is equal to the current times the voltage. You can get the same power from a 2V battery that you can from a 28V battery. The higher battery voltages are simply a marketing scam.z
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:44:47 PM EDT
I would still take my DeWalt 18v tools over those any day.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:45:11 PM EDT
Mmmm....Milkwaukee......
I love my 14.4 volt driver.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:
What a crappy web site! Well, it isn't even a web site. It's just a way of sending-out a proprietary file. Is it really a good marketing move to tell most of your customers to go away?

And, power is equal to the current times the voltage. You can get the same power from a 2V battery that you can from a 28V battery. The higher battery voltages are simply a marketing scam.z

use flash, see how the tools compare to similar tools at different voltages. You'll get many more cuts and holes made with the 28V tools. And the 28V cordless circular saw runs at corded saw speeds.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
welcome to 2006
36 volt dewallt
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:53:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

+1

When DeWalt comes out with a better tool I'll be all over it. As a diclaimer, I've never used this brand of tool. I do use DeWalt tools at work every day and the are very durable. I have dropped my share of 18v DW drills etc. from an 8 and 10 foot ladder and they still run like a champ.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:54:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
welcome to 2006
36 volt dewallt

you beat me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:57:59 PM EDT

welcome to 2006
36 volt dewallt

MMMM even better.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:58:00 PM EDT

welcome to 2006
36 volt dewallt

These are for the people who think 5-blade razors shave closer than 4-blades.

My 18v Dewalt 1/2" drill about broke my jaw on my last project.

I was screwing in some square drive screws just above eye level when
the screw stopped, but the drill kept going. Battery hit me in the bottom
of my chin, like an upper-cut. Knocked me to the ground.

Lesson learned. Don't set the torque setting any higher than I want to get hit with.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:14:14 PM EDT
I hear ya i suspect many busted wrists with the 36v crowd .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:36:06 PM EDT
28 volt tools were melting the solder in the motors. I nearly bought a set until I read a little on this. They did some testing and in some cases 18 volts were superior.

Caveat emptor
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:50:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

+1

When DeWalt comes out with a better tool I'll be all over it. As a diclaimer, I've never used this brand of tool. I do use DeWalt tools at work every day and the are very durable. I have dropped my share of 18v DW drills etc. from an 8 and 10 foot ladder and they still run like a champ.

I got you beat.

I dropped my DeWalt at work off of a 200ft grain elevator. I saw it bounce off of the road below. I go down to pick it up, and it worked just fine, just some of the rubber from the grip was scraped off. That was almost a year ago, and I am still using the same DeWalt drill, and it has been dropped many more times after that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:55:30 PM EDT
I'll take Milkwaukee over Dewalt. To each their own.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:
use flash, see how the tools compare to similar tools at different voltages. You'll get many more cuts and holes made with the 28V tools. And the 28V cordless circular saw runs at corded saw speeds.

The comparison is being made to lower-voltage tools using fewer of the same size cells. Of course you're going to get better performance with more of the same-sized cells, since you're putting more watt-hours into the battery pack (along with more weight and bulk). However, increase the size of the cells in the lower-voltage pack to a comparable weight and bulk, and the performance advantage of the higher-voltage pack vanishes.

Beyond a certain point, higher voltage becomes nothing more than a marketing gimmick - and that point was reached around 6 volts ago.
Top Top