Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:51:53 PM EDT
Did you know that there's a swastika in unicode? Actually, two: a left-facing and a right-facing one: 卍/卐.

There's some odd pictographs in the Arabic section: ۞۝۩

Tolkien's Tengwar is there, but it's not supported by my browser.

There's a circle of commas, and a circle of breves: ҈ , ҉

I have no idea what this is: ᢆ

A triple-integral crossed by a circle? Whazzat mean: ∰?

Ogham, Cherokee syllabary, Canadian aboriginals, Glagolitic... geez, is there a writing system on earth not represented? Of course, the plurality is kanji/hanzi/hanja...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:58:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
Did you know that there's a swastika in unicode? Actually, two: a left-facing and a right-facing one: 卍/卐.
quote]

The swastika was used as a holy symbol for thousands of years by everyone from Hindus to Native Americans (usually left facing for Buddhists) before Hitler bastardized it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:00:40 PM EDT
All I see is squares.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:03:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:

There's some odd pictographs in the Arabic section: ۞۝۩

Tolkien's Tengwar is there, but it's not supported by my browser.

There's a circle of commas, and a circle of breves: ҈ , ҉

I have no idea what this is: ᢆ

A triple-integral crossed by a circle? Whazzat mean: ∰?

Ogham, Cherokee syllabary, Canadian aboriginals, Glagolitic... geez, is there a writing system on earth not represented? Of course, the plurality is kanji/hanzi/hanja...

Not sure about the pictures, but the integral thing is a volume integral. (contour integral)∮ (surface integral)∯ there are also these.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:05:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FieroLoki:
All I see is squares.

You might need to set your system font to an Arial Unicode or download Code2000 or Code2001. Unicode support is definitely a very useful thing to have.
Top Top