Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 12:19:43 PM EDT
I needed some 5 gallon gas cans, and went to the local Wally World to get a pair.  I realized after I got them home that they have the special CA approved piece of crap spout on it.  They also have no vent hole.

Is there anywhere that sells an adapter spout with a built in vent so I can pour gasoline into my car??  These things are worthless for anything other than lawn mowers and I'm tired of pouring from the CA approved cans into my pre-ban cans just to fuel up my car.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you in PA?  Drive to York and I'll sell you my preban blitz plastic cans......

I just order USGI MFC's and use their spouts.   9000 times better.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]
So how is anyone that breaks down on the road today supposed to fill up their car if they walk to the gas station and buy a gas can?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So how is anyone that breaks down on the road today supposed to fill up their car if they walk to the gas station and buy a gas can?

Kharn

Borrow a preban can.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
What's better about the GI cans, besides construction?  Do they pour faster?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Not bashing here, but what is the purpose of CA approving specific gas cans?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If you lived in SoCal 50 years ago and lived through the horrendous smog we had then with the fraction of the people living here, you'ld want to keep as much crap out of the air as possible.

Some people like to deride it as nannyism or big-brotherism but having seen it when it was really bad, I can't complain. Except when they come up with some of their more stupid ideas.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Kharn

Whens the last time you went to a station and the little girl behind the counter even knew what a gas can was?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
What it all comes down to is the fact that some one was an idiot in the first place to run out of gas.  What ever happened to checking fuel levels before you go driving down the road to make sure you have enough to get to where you are going?  If close to empty, stop and fuel up!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What it all comes down to is the fact that some one was an idiot in the first place to run out of gas.  What ever happened to checking fuel levels before you go driving down the road to make sure you have enough to get to where you are going?  If close to empty, stop and fuel up!!!

You need to post that in the woman's forum.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top