Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 12:01:12 PM EDT
www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/229564

Hold onto your hunting hats. Here is a deer hunting story that is hard to beat. Young Marissa Webb of Crossville took two does on the last day of the Youth Deer Hunt, the very last day of the season (Jan. 15). It gets better. This little 10-year-old did it with only one shot.

Marissa was trying for her first deer and she and her father Scotty were invited to a farm in Van Buren County. They were situated in a shooting house near an attractive field for deer. Marissa was hoping for a buck, but after a while decided to take one of the many does they had seen.

Equipped with a Marlin .30-30 caliber lever-action with a scope, Marissa followed her dad's advice and picked out the biggest doe in a group about 150 yards away. Immediately after her shot, they watched as two deer fell, one right behind the other.

Luckily, Van Buren County is in Unit A and the bag limit for this hunt is one antlered and two antlerless deer. Marissa's hunting career is off to a great start.

.....more at the link.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
what would have happened if the limit was only one deer?  think she would have gotten off easy?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I once shot two bison at 800 yards with one 22lr bullet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/229564

Hold onto your hunting hats. Here is a deer hunting story that is hard to beat. Young Marissa Webb of Crossville took two does on the last day of the Youth Deer Hunt, the very last day of the season (Jan. 15). It gets better. This little 10-year-old did it with only one shot.

Marissa was trying for her first deer and she and her father Scotty were invited to a farm in Van Buren County. They were situated in a shooting house near an attractive field for deer. Marissa was hoping for a buck, but after a while decided to take one of the many does they had seen.

Equipped with a Marlin .30-30 caliber lever-action with a scope, Marissa followed her dad's advice and picked out the biggest doe in a group about 150 yards away. Immediately after her shot, they watched as two deer fell, one right behind the other.

Luckily, Van Buren County is in Unit A and the bag limit for this hunt is one antlered and two antlerless deer. Marissa's hunting career is off to a great start.

.....more at the link.

I could see that happening here. And the AFGC saying BOHICA! and then promptly raping you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to pass up a shot on a bull moose once because a cow was behind it. A .375 will go straight through at 500 yards, let alone 50.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm...Doe meat...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if she could kill CHUCK NORRIS?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think he would just roundhouse-kick the bullet out of the way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he would just roundhouse-kick the bullet out of the way.Into yesterday

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
As much as I enjoy hearing about young hunters entering the sport, this should be a teaching point about making sure of your back-stop (no, a back-stop is not another game animal!).  She's very lucky that the second deer wasn't wounded.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
....She's very lucky that the second deer wasn't wounded.

?????
RIF

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow... good shootin on top of a bonus surprise!

<-- Kid-friendly Root Beer

- BG
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
As much as I enjoy hearing about young hunters entering the sport, this should be a teaching point about making sure of your back-stop (no, a back-stop is not another game animal!).  She's very lucky that the second deer wasn't wounded.

Agreed. For every time we hear a story like this, some guy has one he is not telling about the second deer being crippled and lost.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
unreal that this is seen as good hunting...  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I could see that happening here. And the AFGC saying BOHICA! and then promptly raping you.

Thats why you keep the Rabbit Cops out of it. If they dont know, they wont bother you will they?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

then you stuffed 'em in yer wheel barrel and ran off into the sunset!!!!  

that's what gunkid whoulda done!!!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Bullet bounced off one and hit another?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Marissa is her own grandma...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
This is the kind of hunting that Rosie O'Donnel wants, a controlled environment where you pick up guns and shoot animals that are released.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top