Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 10:35:45 AM EDT
is that not the most useless thing ever?  I had a package shipped four days ago and it still hasnt gotten updated past the

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on February 02, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

message.

seriously, how hard is it to update? UPS, FEDEX, and DHL have no problems doing it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
is it delivery confirmation?

That only confirms acceptance and delivery.

Tracking is only available domestically on express (overnight) delivery.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I shipped a rifle on tuesday of last week using usps.   it didn't update tlll the next morning, when it was delivered  

it got there faster than it was suppost to, so i can't complain.  as long as it wasn't damaged

edit
 I shipped it delivery confirmation and insurance, i guess thats why
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
you get what you pay for:

$4.05  USPS Priority w/ delivery confirm ( sucks but cheap )

$15 or so Fed-Ex ( tracking system rules )
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

interesting, I try to avoid USPS like the plague.  though I could have sworn that I had updated trackign on packages before.
this is priority mail btw.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
is that not the most useless thing ever?  I had a package shipped four days ago and it still hasnt gotten updated past the

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on February 02, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

message.

seriously, how hard is it to update? UPS, FEDEX, and DHL have no problems doing it.

wow what a coincidence, I'm having the same problem. It says my package was authorized & recieved since last wednesday but no updates since.

oh nm
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree, it does seem fruitless. But for you and I and alot of other people who sell things online, and want to ship cheap/fast, confirmation is the only way to ensure that it was delivered.  I would never send anything USPS that I sold online without the deliv. confirm..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
perhaps I should clarify, I'm receiving the package
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
perhaps I should clarify, I'm receiving the package

Then it's not going to tell you that you received the package until after you have it.

The only thing delivery confirmation might offer the recipient is knowing it was delivered when they were not around (at work, delivered at an apartment complex, etc)

It's basically something for the sender to have so they can avoid delivery disputes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

message.

I wouldnt say that.  Every time I have ordered something from DHL I get the package before it even says "left the sort facility".  I am glad that they are fast and all, but I never think of their tracking as even remotely accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top