Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 8:36:52 AM EDT
Previously known as PLDC, now known as WLC.  I'll just say that a few non-warriors and non-leaders slipped through the Army's cracks.  Oh well, time for points to drop so I can get my stripes.

Heres to losing a month while at home!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Congratulations.

Warrior Leader Course.  

I wonder what genius decided that was better than "Primary Leadership Development Course?"  

same guy that made us memorize the "Warrior Ethos."  I forgot it already...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad you got it done.
There're far too many E5s in my company that haven't gone through PLDC WLC.
ETA--yes, I know why, but I still don't like it.

I wonder what genious decided that was better than "Primary Leadership Development Course?"  

It's funny, the longer I'm in the army, the quicker I can pick out something that was thought up by a West Pointer.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Glad you got it done.
There're far too many E5s in my company that haven't gone through PLDC WLC.

I wonder what genious decided that was better than "Primary Leadership Development Course?"  

It's funny, the longer I'm in the army, the quicker I can pick out something that was thought up by a West Pointer.

Considering you dont need PLDC/WLC until you are up for E6, that could be why.  They changed it nowadays to that you dont have to have PLDC/WLC to make E-5/Sgt.
Also tho, I remember something in there along the lines of having to go to PLDC/WLC within a year of your E-5 also...

And what's your MOS, TallBill?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm an MP.  My class had zero combat arms in it, making me the closest thing during the course.  All of our infantrymen and artillery are in Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm an MP.  My class had zero combat arms in it, making me the closest thing during the course.  All of our infantrymen and artillery are in Iraq.

What battalion are you in in the 101st?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Warrior Leader Course.  

I wonder what genius decided that was better than "Primary Leadership Development Course?"  

For any National Guardsmen who didn't get the memo yet, we no longer conduct 'drills.' As of a few months ago, we now conduct 'Battle Assemblies.'

You just know some O-5 at NGB just got a positive mark on his OER. Battle Assembly for the 709th Firefighting Company or 312th Chaplain Support Team?

NTM
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread makes me giggle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Warrior Leader Course.  

For any National Guardsmen who didn't get the memo yet, we no longer conduct 'drills.' As of a few months ago, we now conduct 'Battle Assemblies.'

You just know some O-5 at NGB just got a positive mark on his OER. Battle Assembly for the 709th Firefighting Company or 312th Chaplain Support Team?

NTM

Next they'll change MRE to CNP (Combat Nutrition Pack)

Oh, and buffing the floor, polishing your boots, and cleaning your weapons will be reclassed as "Non-Aggressive Missions"  

your really gonna love this, all the new military flooring is now no wax (ie no buff) our battalion doesnt even own a buffer anymore, and of course with the suede boots no more boot shining.

weapons still get cleaned when i complain to the chain of command enough and they tell the plt sgts to get their guys into the arms room.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats Tallbill, thanks for serving and have fun on leave
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Congrats Tallbill, thanks for serving and have fun on leave

Heh, just got a 4 day pass.  Back to work tonight!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#16]
They replaced the buttons on the BDUs with a metal slide fastener (zipper).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top